Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Amerane

Characters you would like to see as Dollfie Dreams

finnleo
28 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

appeal in a $700.00 doll.

current exchange rates would make that a tick over 90k yen (for reference Yor is less with estimated shipping)... So yes, a general looking pink haired girl probably wouldnt appeal at that price point, but I somehow doubt it'd be that much. 65-75k yen would probably be closer to retail in my oppinnion and then were at 500-580$, still a good chunk of change though.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, finnleo said:

current exchange rates would make that a tick over 90k yen (for reference Yor is less with estimated shipping)... So yes, a general looking pink haired girl probably wouldnt appeal at that price point, but I somehow doubt it'd be that much. 65-75k yen would probably be closer to retail in my oppinnion and then were at 500-580$, still a good chunk of change though.

Ok, I am still mired in the old exchange rate. XD

Generic looking is probably an issue for sales, and at least some sales are driven by the value of the sculpt as a sculpt. DD Yui Hirasawa is cute, but she's never been all that expensive. 

Mind you, it's not that I think a large bust is a must have, most of my limited girls get a downgrade to S or M to better match character art, but I'd bet if you looked at Volks sales numbers you'd see that larger bust girls sell faster. XD

For me with a character doll, the number one thing is matching the concept art, so if they made Rin & Nadeshiko I'd want them to nail their look perfectly like they did with Lina Inverse. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo

26 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

For me with a character doll, the number one thing is matching the concept art, so if they made Rin & Nadeshiko I'd want them to nail their look perfectly like they did with Lina Inverse

Likeness to some version of the original artwork is close to my heart too (wouldnt spend the time trying to figure out what any given character release is based on), the "Generic pink haired" thing came about looking at the prospect doll from a series uninitiated standpoint, and the value proposition attached. in that sense we are in a hobby where the minimum buy in price from this perticular manufacturer is still either side of 50k yen for a standard model in a night-slip. Add an outfit (or two if you want to co-ordinate more to your liking), shoes or boots, and you are well on your way to a 60k+ yen price tag even then.

will all the hubbub on the topic of yurucamp I did put the series on rewatch, and I still think there is a possobility for really nice looking combinations of things with it either with afro or anime artwork... aslong as they dont go too overboard with the smiles.

32 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Generic looking is probably an issue for sales, and at least some sales are driven by the value of the sculpt as a sculpt. DD Yui Hirasawa is cute, but she's never been all that expensive. 

Well, its the age old question of what becomes the new hotness at any given time, and who gets to set the pricetag associated. There are plenty of sculpts and or fullsets that I've never understood the price of. In the case of Yui I cant recall was her body worth more than the head on the secondary market at one point, since it was the only way to get a S-bust during her release.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Another one that might be good is Chisato from Lycoris Recoil, but only as long as Volks doesn't use pleather for her outfit. She'd make a really cute DDS.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mo3cha

I would love to see Byleth (male, female, or both lol) with the Sothis Regalia outfit as an alt. costume sold separately. I also would like Sothis as an MDD
DvOkWzLpVUzeD74zoswmFr4VQyO8BbGULXpoOc40e4ff02cfd026226046ab6c7e03f48ea3.png

• Like 4

puxlavoix

Any of the girls from Strike Witches, preferably some of the most popular like Elia, Lynette, Yoshika, Francesca, Sanya. It would be awesome to see Volks' rendition of them and by all means with their plane legs and the helices and all, the mere thought of it omg!! so sexy and badass!! Now it most likely wont never ever happen but oh heck! @onion1@

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

RavenWiccan

I really want Volks to finish making the Sailor Senshi from Sailor Moon. The outer senshi were always my favorite characters so that would be a dream come true. I’ve been hesitant to make customs of them because I feel like as soon as I do they will announce official ones. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I would love Danganronpa dolls too. Those are less likely so I’m going to start making customs for some of those characters! 

RyuichiSakuma13

I'd be thrilled if they made an (OG) Ash Ketchum/Satoshi from Pokemon!  If they had all of his outfits, I'd of course would have to buy them as well.

https://imgur.com/e9cnXq9

Ash Ketchum

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Updated pics
  • Like 2

RavenWiccan
1 hour ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

I'd be thrilled if they made an (OG) Ash Ketchum/Satoshi from Pokemon!  If they had all of his outfits, I'd of course would have to buy them as well.

https://imgur.com/e9cnXq9

Ryu

I would love some Pokémon ones! I’ve actually been thinking of making dolls of Cynthia and Acerola. But I would get whoever they made. Jesse and James would be funny to have too. 🤣 Pokémon is so popular I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been one over the years, but I figured it was because they don’t do many male ones. I wonder if we will get the new girl when the new anime airs? 🤔

• Like 1

Vampurrr

Some more Final Fantasy characters, like 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2.
Yuna as a DD would be adorable, and Riku too especially 😄

• Like 2

Mo3cha
On 2/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, RavenWiccan said:

I would love some Pokémon ones! I’ve actually been thinking of making dolls of Cynthia and Acerola. But I would get whoever they made. Jesse and James would be funny to have too. 🤣 Pokémon is so popular I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been one over the years, but I figured it was because they don’t do many male ones. I wonder if we will get the new girl when the new anime airs? 🤔

Omg yes Jesse and James would be an awesome DD duo with a meowth plush or any other of their pokemon sidekicks 😆

• Like 2

RavenWiccan
23 hours ago, Vampurrr said:

Some more Final Fantasy characters, like 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2.
Yuna as a DD would be adorable, and Riku too especially 😄

I would love ones if Rinoa and Yuna! They’d be really pretty.

4 minutes ago, Mo3cha said:

Omg yes Jesse and James would be an awesome DD duo with a meowth plush or any other of their pokemon sidekicks 😆

YEESS! Meowth to go with them would be a must! 😁

• Like 1

Tombo

I'd love to see more male DD releases, although I know very few males have a non-zero% chance of ever becoming dolls. The only boys I can dare to reasonably want for are Lio (Promare) and Inosuke (Kimetsu no Yaiba), but my holy grail choice for male DDs would be Reo and Mabu (Sarazanmai).

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

Yeah, I don't dare input suggestions because all of my picks would be outdated / not flashy enough. Although I would like see their take on Jessie and James. That sounds fun. I need to watch Promare yet, but by designs alone, a Lio Dollfie sounds like a strong candidate, and Reo would give us our first non-DDCH tan boy. With Kaito and Len seemingly both doing well, they could do worse than make another two male dolls that tie in to a previous release.

I am sure if I watched more current anime I could find characters, but the one I always think of is Lancer from Macross Mospedia (Robotech Next Generation), and that's never happening. Or Gakupo, who would complete the oldschool Vocaloid lineup. My mind also jumps to chaps if only because we have so many ladies, although I wouldn't mind seeing more tan girls.

One I am surprised they never tacked now that male Dollfies are here is Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler). That one was everywhere for a while, and the IP has been handed out to at least three BJD companies as well as Azone, Groove, and Good Smile. Even if the popularity of the manga has waned, those dolls always sell well. Or Attack on Titan, which also sold multiple figures and dolls. Perhaps they feel the train was ridden, but then again, they did Sword Art Online and the 2B Final Fantasy dolls.

Then there's Rozen Maiden, and this one possibly baffles me the most. Their original Rozen Maiden dolls are considered iconic by many circles; that's why their collectors' prices are absurd. But the dolls are, if anything, a 'realistic' version of the characters. They are true to their subject matter by being... bisque-esque ball-jointed dolls. But they don't look particularly like the manga. Why not do all of the main six dolls in Dollfie form?

Edited by PolitelyNefarious
  • Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

Tierparkzone
19 minutes ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

I wouldn't mind seeing more tan girls.

Damn, that gives me an Idea! - Sansei (or even better Nisei) Muramasa, from Nitroplus' Full Metal Demon Muramasa would totally work in tawny. Why didn't I think of that earlier? - Back to voting...

Wasabi
On 3/23/2023 at 6:52 AM, Tombo said:

I'd love to see more male DD releases, although I know very few males have a non-zero% chance of ever becoming dolls. The only boys I can dare to reasonably want for are Lio (Promare) and Inosuke (Kimetsu no Yaiba), but my holy grail choice for male DDs would be Reo and Mabu (Sarazanmai).

I've actually not requested any male character because I feel like the DD Boy body looks too young for most of the characters that I like. If they had a DD equivalent of the SD17 body I see that working though. One can dream.

Xiongmao

I've just acquired the Blue Archive artwork book and there are too many amazing characters that should be Dollfies.

• Haha 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Tira
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

I've just acquired the Blue Archive artwork book and there are too many amazing characters that should be Dollfies.

I don't play Blue Archive myself (no boys), but my boyfriend's a big fan, and the story is entertaining. Arona, the game's mascot, would make an adorable MDD (and she'd look cute with Miku, who also appears in the game). The halos might be hard to pull off on a doll, though.

Edited by Tira

ZandurFox

I want to see Kiana Kaslana from the popular Honkai Impact 3rd game as a DD!

format,webp

Even Raiden Mei! (Herrscher of Thunder)

2020080615434451239.png

And Bronya Zaychik

2021123110382622453.png

Edited by ZandurFox
  • Like 2

Mega Negi
On 3/23/2023 at 12:38 AM, PolitelyNefarious said:

Then there's Rozen Maiden, and this one possibly baffles me the most. Their original Rozen Maiden dolls are considered iconic by many circles; that's why their collectors' prices are absurd. But the dolls are, if anything, a 'realistic' version of the characters. They are true to their subject matter by being... bisque-esque ball-jointed dolls. But they don't look particularly like the manga. Why not do all of the main six dolls in Dollfie form?

Probably because they already made Super Dollfies of them.

PolitelyNefarious

@Mega Negi  But that's why I'm saying, "Why not vinyl?".  It's an IP well-associated with them that sells very well secondhand. They've already done 'traditional' Rozen Maiden dolls, but they could do manga-accurate ones with the DD line. Dollfie Dream's aesthetics align much better with the manga and anime alike.

@Tierparkzone  Tawny girls with elf ears and colourful hair? Yes, please. They'd be stunning.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

finnleo
2 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

"Why not vinyl?".  It's an IP well-associated with them that sells very well secondhand. They've already done 'traditional' Rozen Maiden dolls, but they could do manga-accurate ones

The strung style body is a prominent feature in Rozen maiden, if i recall correct they are porcelain dolls dating back quite a bit. So because of this the SD dolls made more sense as a release from Volks. I believe they were promoted as replicas of sort (though hina ichigo as a yoSD seemed a bit small.)

I have a shino DD cosplaying as suigintou in one of the volks SD outfits, and while im chuffed to bits about how she looks I still think a re-release would be more correct in SD form. 

Emil
4 hours ago, finnleo said:

I still think a re-release would be more correct in SD form. 

I agree tbh. Although it's unlikely now, since MYou and Dolk are doing their collab... they released Shinku and then indefinitely delayed Suigintou, so I'm not sure whats going on over there lol... a shame Volks didn't ever get to do a rerun instead. 

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

finnleo
4 minutes ago, Emil said:

Although it's unlikely now, since MYou and Dolk are doing their collab.

So far its never really been a problem if company A is doing a release, that company B cant do it at the same time, or some time after. Unless there is some specific exclusivity announced. Azone and Volks have had numerous simultanious releases of Type moon stuff, and various visual novel items in the same scale bracket.

Volks is still using the head sculpt names Shinku, Suigintou, and Suiseiseki/Souseiseki in their one-off releases, so in that sense they still have some foothold in it.