Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

la_

Hello KIKIPOP!!

la_

aRORrsx.jpg

Azone's Hello KIKIPOP! site

Kinoko Juice is a Japanese artist duo that originally made these girls in very small quantities (out of resin). They were pretty expensive (90000 yen brand new, 250000+ on Y!JA), but Kinoko Juice and Azone are collaborating to make a vinyl version for the mass market. They're up for preorder at most places that sell Azone dolls until Feb 23.

Is anyone else getting one of these girls? I've got the honey pink (right in the above image) version pre-ordered. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the eyes and hair can be changed like in the resin Kiki. I've heard the head is a single piece (no cap to remove to change eyes) and the hair is rooted. I've been trying to find a definite answer, but no one seems to be 100% sure.

Yaisha

Kinoko Juice!! I also preordered the pink. I had no idea that the head might not open... that is actually pretty disappointing, I was hoping to make some custom eyes but I understand that they probably still want the resin ones to be really special. Thinking about it now the price is probably too high for what you get but I'm sure everyone is gladly paying for what used to be an almost impossible dream!

Cauldroness

The wig is glued on, but can supposedly be pried out. The eyes are supposedly "difficult to remove," but may not be impossible.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

elsii

I've ordered both these girls

I actually think I am more excited about these girls than I am about Sasara...not to say I'm not excited about Sasara, cos really, really I am, just that I am SUUUUUUUUPER excited for these babies.

So basically the pink girl will probably stay with her default wig and eyes and the ginger gal will be my experiment. If I have to saw through a head, imma do it

la_
The wig is glued on, but can supposedly be pried out. The eyes are supposedly "difficult to remove," but may not be impossible.

Oh that's good to know! I like the eyes, so I'm not too mad about them being difficult. The wig is the only thing I wanted to change.

I've ordered both these girls

I actually think I am more excited about these girls than I am about Sasara...not to say I'm not excited about Sasara, cos really, really I am, just that I am SUUUUUUUUPER excited for these babies.

So basically the pink girl will probably stay with her default wig and eyes and the ginger gal will be my experiment. If I have to saw through a head, imma do it

I'm also pretty excited. Autumn will be busy! Kiki, Sheryl and Ranka all at once! I held off on getting a second Kiki because I'm hoping they expand the line and do the alternate face, with the surprised expression.

Yaisha

There is a huge interest in these so I've got my fingers crossed that everyone here gets their preorders filled.

kaisuki

Preordered these cuties too and now waiting patiently! I saw the resin versions go for crazy amounts! This will appease me abit

Yukamina

I preordered the pink haired one too ^o^ I never thought I'd have the opportunity to get a Kinoko Juice doll. They are still pricey, but I couldn't pass up the chance >w

elsii

I'm also pretty excited. Autumn will be busy! Kiki, Sheryl and Ranka all at once! I held off on getting a second Kiki because I'm hoping they expand the line and do the alternate face, with the surprised expression.

Oh man, if they come out with the little surprised face I am gonna be so sunk. I know that the collector in me is kinda doomed for the future because now that I have ordered both girls from the original release, I'mma have to order ALL the rest of them in the line (if they continue the line) >.>

DivinitaAria

I can't decide if I want to preorder one >o< I think the Kinoko Juice girls are really cute, but I've had bonding issues with smaller dolls in the past

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Innocentsake

Since I recently won Sasara along with getting my 2015 project girl from a friend I decided not to pre-order either of these cuties. I'll wait until they release Kiki with the hoekuchi (O mouth) expression since I like that one much more than the plain smiley one (even though she is also very cute). Myself including several others have asked Kinoko Juice on their Instagram & FB and like Cauldy said their hair is rooted a wig pasted on and their eyes are not removable unless modded. Though I'm sure some crafty people will start modding their Kikis when they arrive

*Edited my mistake about the hair & added the possibility of being able to remove the eyes~

Edited by Guest

Yaisha
Since I recently won Sasara along with getting my 2015 project girl from a friend I decided not to pre-order either of these cuties. I'll wait until they release Kiki with the hoekuchi (O mouth) expression since I like that one much more than the plain smiley one (even though she is also very cute). Myself including several others have asked Kinoko Juice on their Instagram & FB and like Cauldy said their hair is rooted and their eyes are not removable. Though I'm sure some crafty people will start modding their Kikis when they arrive

That's a disappointing confirmation about the rooted hair and eyes. I haven't needed to saw a head open in quite a while! lol

faustbane

Personally I hope they release a whole line of clothing and accessories for kiki like they do for pure neemo dolls. I like these first kikis but their outfits are so boring

signature_zps61fd7633.jpg

Cauldroness
...like Cauldy said their hair is rooted and their eyes are not removable.

Sorry, but I said that it's a WIG! It's glued on, but it's NOT rooted.

rfHsmjO.jpg

Forcibly be peeled off is possible

And it sounds like the eyes aren't impossible to remove -- just difficult to remove (I'm suspecting they may be hot-glued in place, but that's never stopped us DD-lovers from taking them out!).

Yukamina

If the eyes are glued in, maybe there is head cap or something to access the inside... after all, they have to put the eyes in in the first place, right? (I'm not that familiar with different types of dolls, though)

doll-mage
If the eyes are glued in, maybe there is head cap or something to access the inside... after all, they have to put the eyes in in the first place, right? (I'm not that familiar with different types of dolls, though)

Perhaps it's similar to the Blythe/Pullip heads where the two parts of the head are 'permanently' stuck together after the eyes have been inserted?

I'm looking forward to pictures from modding-minded owners; then we'll know for sure

Cauldroness

They had to get the eyes in somehow, so there needs to be some type of opening...

That said, if they did it like the old SBL Blythes, the headcap seam could be so securely glued that the only way to get inside the head is to saw it open (later SBLs used less glue and it was possible to loosen the glue up with hot water, but early SBLs used so much glue that a saw was necessary).

However, from kinokojuice's phrasing, it sounds like the biggest challenge isn't getting inside of the head, it's getting the glue off the eyes.

Innocentsake
Sorry, but I said that it's a WIG! It's glued on, but it's NOT rooted.

And it sounds like the eyes aren't impossible to remove -- just difficult to remove (I'm suspecting they may be hot-glued in place, but that's never stopped us DD-lovers from taking them out!).

Whoops sorry for misquoting you there Cauldy~ For some reason I read that, but still thought rooted when typing out my reply. And looking back to when I first asked Kinoko Juice on Instagram about the hair she used the term flocking in regards to the hair which I took to mean rooted, but makes more sense with it being a wig that is pasted on the surface. Sorry for any confusion caused to you elsii & Yaisha

Haha and that's true just because they are glued in doesn't mean it will stop anyone from trying to change them out. It'll be interesting to see what everyone does with their individual Kikis whether they mod them or not. Whenever the Hoekuchi Kiki comes out and I get her I will most likely leave her as she is

Cauldroness

No worries at all! I initially assumed it was rooted, too, because almost all of Azone's dolls have rooted hair, so I was really surprised when it was confirmed that it was a wig. (Same with the eyes -- since Azone usually does painted eyes, I assumed they were painted as well, until they were confirmed to be separate pieces.)

It sounds like the initial Japanese order will be delivered in April (maybe?) so in two or three more months, we should have some owner reviews. Then the second production (the international pre-order) won't deliver until the fall... Good thing we're all used to Volks pre-order timelines!

Katiazza

When I first saw these two announced I was beyond elated. Ever since I first saw Kiki I loved her - just not her price and (lack of) availability. They when they first went up for order they were Japan releases only and I knew I couldn't afford the doll and proxy fees all up front right after Christmas. I was so upset but dealt with it since there was nothing else to do. Then I'm browsing Tumblr one day and they are listed on HLJ! I now have the Honey Pink version on order and I'm so anxious for her to actually arrive.

This silly (absolutely mesmerizing and adorable) doll has been one crazy roller coaster of emotions for me!

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

Yaisha

Does anyone know what size wig fits the head?

sweetmouse

:3 I'll definitely be buying a honey pink kikipop. I'm really excited about it ~

Yukamina

I've heard the heads are MSD sized, but I don't know for sure. I already have a couple MSD sized wigs I could test out when she finally gets here.

Gunter

I've been warned that they aren't really a normal sized head and finding a wig that can properly fit them can be quite the task. May need to refit it yourself even.

I don't personally know the size range to start with that though. >: