Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Rainbowangel

Anyone purchased from Cheerydoll ?

Rainbowangel

I would like to make a purchase from the cheerydoll website however when I go to register there is no padlock symbol to indicate that it's a secure site. Intially I thought it might be my web browser but i've tried on other web browsers and another computer and still there is no padlock symbol. When I check the status of the website my browser informs me that the connection to the site is not encrypted. I'm finding this very frustrating as I never buy from a webstore unless there is an adequate safety protocol in place. How do other people buy from Cheerydoll as I know some people have, are they logging in on an unsecure site? Their clothes are beautiful and this is the only thing that's held me back. I was going to purchase a dress for my Dollfie Dynamite but later chose a volks outfit instead because of the hassle. Its unfortunate for them as they must be losing custom, I can't be the only one to have noticed this surely????

Keijogirl

Personally, I haven't purchased from Cheery Doll but it's only because I hadn't found the outfit that I want yet but I browse there a lot and am willing to if they put out something that suits my girls' style lmao. I don't find that a lot of bjd shops besides the biggest ones have much encryption. I don't buy anything from anywhere that doesn't take paypal though, that's my personal make or break for any shop.

A lot of Iplehouse doll owners on DoA get their clothes from Cheery Doll, I find. It's one of the few places that sell EID size stuff on the regular besides Iplehouse itself. EIDs (especially the girls), are a hard size to shop for lol.

Cheerydoll does take paypal, which is one of the most secure forms of payment on the web. With paypal you do have buyer protection to ensure you get your items or money. Their Q&A board also does speak english and does seem to be pretty active too, responding within a day or so. You can probably ask them how they protect your card info.

Personally, I only purchase from places that accept paypal, never will enter my card info on any website. I was even hesitant when I placed my first order from VolksUSA, though thankfully they started taking paypal lol.

Happy hunting!

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Rainbowangel

It's not just credit or bank details that need protecting. Other sensitive information includes your name, address, birthdate, email & telephone number collectively which a fraudster can use to commit identity fraud. I mistakenly entered these details into the Dreaming doll website when making a purchase and assumed a padlock or encryption protocol would appear when I actually sent the info, it did not. I later discovered someone had taken out a loan in my name from a loans company (Wonga)and all they needed was this information. The first I knew about it was when the loans company sent a letter to my home address stating that I apparently owed them alot of money.Scary stuff. Fortunately when I rang them up whoever had taken out the loan in my name had given a false cell phone/mobile number and luckily for me I don't even own a mobile phone. (One of the few people that doesn't own one but in this cirbleepstance it proved beneficial lol). The loans company had to launch an investigation, it seems that the money was siphoned off to an account based abroad. Luckily I wasn't expected to pay any money back but boy was it a hassle and worrying. Shows how easy it is for a hacker to take out a loan online with relatively minimal information. Anyway suffice to say I won't enter ANY of my personal information on websites unless there is adequate encryption protocol in place. If some people read this and didn't realise how easy it is for a hacker to commit identity fraud with this information, at least I might have informed some people which might prevent others experiencing the same ordeal. Most of what I buy is either from eBay, Mandarake, Etsy or the official Volksjapan website. Its a shame Cheerydoll don't sell their clothing on Etsy.

sklurk

I keep eyeing up that pirate outfit. lol.

Ara

We just got an order from them (not for our DDs though), and while their website and overall appearance is still a bit old-fashioned they are indeed reliable.

I actually thought they were dead but they still update their shop.

I guess the reason why they do not have the "padlock" is because they in fact never really updated their site, it still looks the same like many, many years ago.

Their servers are super slow and often offline too.

Maybe you should contact them about it?

And oh, they also accept custom wishes

A friend of mine had asked for one of their male outfits in a different color and they made it for her, and in our case they changed a few little things too (outfit we bought had little roses attached, we asked them to make them removeable and they did).

We were pretty pleased with their stuff, and I know that back in the days they also were super popular with Dollshe owners.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Poofiemus

And oh, they also accept custom wishes

A friend of mine had asked for one of their male outfits in a different color and they made it for her, and in our case they changed a few little things too (outfit we bought had little roses attached, we asked them to make them removeable and they did).

We were pretty pleased with their stuff, and I know that back in the days they also were super popular with Dollshe owners.

OMG seriously? Oh, this is dangerous news. I wonder if they'd modify a pattern for Obi50, and how much extra that might be. . .

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Ara

Hmm, I can't say much about size wishes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it

So far I know about the detail stuff and well, the colors...I'm sure they do not offer all colors of the rainbow, but a friend of mine wanted a very specific outfit from them in red and they did exactly how she photoshopped the reference.

I'm also not sure if she had to pay extra for that service, we didn't when we asked for changing the few little details.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Totoro666

They have just bought out the most adorable 'pleasant music band' outfits. I am so tempted!!!