Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MikoAkiko23

Dollfie Dreams that Volks should make

MikoAkiko23

I'm not sure if any of you are familar with these anime but I think Volks should make these characters because either the character is just plain cool or their outfits would be awesome on a dollfie:

Kannazuki no Miko (Yeah its yuri and its the only yuri I like but the ending was so sad it made me cry. besides I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chikane...she's such a tragic character. I like himeko because she's pretty and kinda naive in a cute way. I love their school uniforms AND their miko outfits OH!! and Kannazuki no Miko has great opening and closing themes too ^^ REALLY love this anime)

Opening Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB06zreLSsQ&list=PL5490D9515BEE0DA4&index=74

Closing Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKGe3vjI1-w&list=PL5490D9515BEE0DA4&index=75

Here's what I mean:

87472.jpg

Chikane is the one with the blue hair and Himeko is the blonde. I love the animation maybe I should have my first DDdy have eyes like Chikane since my character Akiko has a tragic storyline as well.

Here is their priestess outfits:

Himeko-Kurusugawa-Cosplay-09.jpg

And here is another anime I like about a girl from a noble family that is suffering from lack of money. She is then given the task of preparing the lazy young emperor to rule a ficitional land that is more like ancient China. Her name is Shurei Kou. This is an anime/manga that goes by Saiunkoku Monogatari or story of Saiunkoku. I think a Shurei dollfie would be nice especially since she has such a pretty outfit.

Shurei:

the_story_of_saiunkoku_shuurei_kou_cosplay_costume_big_width_285_height_365_watermark_water_png.jpg

caption-561342-20090912050538.jpg

And another anime I like is Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time. Its about a girl named Akane Motomiya who is teleported to a fictional version of Japan in a sort of Heian Period where she finds out she's a priestess and she has to find 7 guardians (all guys lol) who have to protect her while she fights the demons. Its based off a game and is also very close to Fushigi Yuugi in storyline. Though I prefer this one since my character Akiko was born and lived in the Heian Period before being killed by her demon lover and resurrected during the Sengoku Era.

Akane's priestess outfit:

Akane_Motomiya.jpg

Check out my Flickr account for pics of my random artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikoakiko23/sets/72157627987461066/

Hopefully I should have pics of a first daughter by next year ^^

Talolili

This could be a fun topic. I don't know anything about the characters mentioned above but I want the Naruto girls to be made or the girls from Sailor Moon and Elfen Lied. I can't think of any others right now.

AerisAquata

Oh, Saiunkoku Monogatari! I watched it on an Animax channel dubbed as Color Cloud Castle. It was pretty interesting, and that would be a cool series for Volks to make as DDs!

MikoAkiko23

It would I bet the face up would be awesome to if it will be anything like the picture lol though it would totally make my day if they made a Chikane Himemiya dolffie....I'd be bouncing off the walls shouting, "Halleuia!!!"

Check out my Flickr account for pics of my random artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikoakiko23/sets/72157627987461066/

Tensei

Seeing as they already collab with TYPE-MOON, I'd like to see Volks making dollfies from Tsukihime- Specifically Hisui and Kohaku/Nanaya.

MikoAkiko23
Seeing as they already collab with TYPE-MOON, I'd like to see Volks making dollfies from Tsukihime- Specifically Hisui and Kohaku/Nanaya.

I'm afraid I've never heard of Tsukihime....what is that anime about? It would be hialiours if Volks made a Dollfie of Matsumoto Rangiku xDD I'd totally get her...but then her soul reaper outfit would cause major staining.

AerisAquata

Tsukihime is a visual novel, like Fate/Stay Night. The anime of Tsukihime does not exist to the fandom.

I've also read the manga for Haruka, it's pretty good. Did you know that it was originally a romance game for the PS2?

Honestly, I think something like Madoka or the VOCALOID programs have a better chance of getting made into DDs, what with the enormous fanbase.

baldylox

Since Volks already did Ryomou and Kanu from Ikki Tousen, I'd love it if they used more of those girls for DD's! They didn't even make the series main character for crying out loud! That would be Sonsaku Hakufu:

Battle_Vixens_Hakufu_Sonsaku_wig_ver_01-1-05.jpg

Of course most of the Ikki Tousen girls would have to be DDdy bodies since they all have such shapely designs. Another girl I'd kill to have Volks make is Ryofu Housen:

RyofuHousen.png

She is one of the most gorgeous girls on the show.

So those would be must buys for me if they were ever released!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Waynio

I agree with Billy but i would love to see:

Maya_natsume.jpg

Maya Natsume

Aya.jpg

Aya Natsume

We gotta have Tenjo Tenge's hottest sisters!!

Wayne

baldylox

Ha ha! Wayne, we think so alike! I agree that the Natsume sisters would also make awesome DDdy girls!

Billy

Waynio
Ha ha! Wayne, we think so alike! I agree that the Natsume sisters would also make awesome DDdy girls!

Billy

Yuppers!! I think Maya was the first anime girl that i really had a crush on, granted I've seen tons of anime before, but still She has to be my #1 anime gal!! It would actually be kinda cool to make a Chibi Maya Natsume as well!!

376389-20060718021938.jpg

I was meaning to ask you, is it worth watching the rest of Ikki Tousen? I have season 1 and liked it well enough, but is season 2 worth the investment. I also read they had a few stand alone series after the main story. Should i check them out?

Wayne

Galvatim

Ikki Tousen season 2 is better than the first, in my opinion. Kanu is the main character. Also, the character designs are more like the original manga.

I want DD Makise Kurisu!

6244012120_8c1246487e.jpg

makise kurisu by galvatim, on Flickr

I'd also like some Tsukihime DDs, especially Ciel.

JoltFiend

I've always thought that these two would make good DDs

From Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Sonozaki Mion

Ryuugu Reina

Specifically in those outfits.

sorry, haven't gotten the hang of posting pictures yet D:

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Saluli

Regarding Higurashi,

I would love an Furude Rika and a Hannyu

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Kumi

You know, let Volks release this 05/"Kanu" head and maybe another one good new mold and then You can make any girl You want

Saluli

05 isn´t the Sirius number?

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Poofiemus

Honestly, I think something like Madoka or the VOCALOID programs have a better chance of getting made into DDs, what with the enormous fanbase.

I know! Now, it may be just a little too early for them to have head/costume/props done for the Madoka girls (it seems to take at least 3 or 4 months for design after the legal work, judging by the first two web orders, and then another 2 or 3 months for production, not counting the time it takes for the US shipment.) But that doesn't explain why there's no Vocaloid DDs yet. I heard a rumor that Crypton has some sort of hangup about making their characters into dolls (don't really believe it myself though), but that shouldn't stop production on non-Crypton girls like Lily or Nekomura Iroha.

05 isn´t the Sirius number?

While there is speculation that that could be the reason the number 05 was skipped in the official option head designations, the option head official number and the actual mold number are quite different. The option head numbers you see on the Volks site are pretty much there for customer's sake, but it seems that Volks uses a different system internally that numbers *all* head molds, both standard and limited. There's a list on DoA that includes the numbers: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?196384-Volks-Dollfie-Dream-head-mold-list-(help-is-welcome)

As you can see on that list, option head 01 wasn't numbered, nor the Mirai/Candy mold, but all others are. Interestingly, Option Head 02/Aoi is *mold* number 3, and the 03/Yukino head is mold #7. Even more intriguing, the 04 head is #43, which shows you just how long a time passed between the release of the 03 and 04. Since no one has the 06 yet it's unclear what mold number it'll have, but if it's actually Reimu's mold like many people suspect then it'll probably be #56 or #56-A. (If it's not or is a slight Reimu mod, then it may be in the #66 neighborhood.)

Even more interesting, if you read through the thread itself, you'll see that there was a gap in the list for ages for head #26, to the point where people were nicknaming it "the mystery head". Finally it was released as the Moe/Natsuki head, but given how long it took to fill that gap and that most other heads have been released pretty much in order, it's suspected that the #26 head was originally meant for a license that fell through.

Putting that together, I'm starting to suspect that the Option Head 05 may have been another licensed head that was intended to get migrated to being a standard mold, but some legal funk caused the release to get pulled at the last minute. VERY last minute at that, considering that they left the gap in numbering despite the fact that the mold number and the option head designation have nothing to do with each other; I have to wonder if they may have even had some of the promo and packaging material printed when it fell through, making it too late to correct the numbering gap before the release of 06. Whatever it was, I hope they get it sorted out, because I want more option heads!

TL;DR: The "05" designation has to do with the mold itself, and may have no bearing whatsoever on what the option head 05 is, but either way there's quite likely some behind-the-scenes funk holding the head's release back.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

AerisAquata

I know! Now, it may be just a little too early for them to have head/costume/props done for the Madoka girls (it seems to take at least 3 or 4 months for design after the legal work, judging by the first two web orders, and then another 2 or 3 months for production, not counting the time it takes for the US shipment.) But that doesn't explain why there's no Vocaloid DDs yet. I heard a rumor that Crypton has some sort of hangup about making their characters into dolls (don't really believe it myself though), but that shouldn't stop production on non-Crypton girls like Lily or Nekomura Iroha.

That rumor would be wrong, seeing as how Miku, KAITO, Len, Rin, and Luka have all been made into Pullips.

Miku even has two different versions, regular and Snow!

Poofiemus

That rumor would be wrong, seeing as how Miku, KAITO, Len, Rin, and Luka have all been made into Pullips.

Miku even has two different versions, regular and Snow!

That's actually the big reason why I personally discount the rumor. (People who believe it say that with Pullips the doll is "cosplaying" while DDs are supposed to actually be the character, and claim that makes a difference.) I think the real hangup is more likely some stupid licensing detail Volks and Crypton can't agree on--maybe over the cut Crypton gets, or over how many dolls should be produced, or maybe even over whether to do them as a Dollpa release or web order. It sounds almost petty from here, but when a potential cash cow like Miku is what's under contract discussion little things like this can become a huge deal pretty easily, hence why I think this is probably the case.

Whatever the reason though, I reeeaally hope that they get over it and make it happen. I've wanted a Miku DD with an S bust since I first decided to get into this hobby!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox
[quote name=" Yuppers!! I think Maya was the first anime girl that i really had a crush on, granted I've seen tons of anime before, but still She has to be my #1 anime gal!! It would actually be kinda cool to make a Chibi Maya Natsume as well!!

Chibi Maya would be fun! She has so much attitude too!

I was meaning to ask you, is it worth watching the rest of Ikki Tousen? I have season 1 and liked it well enough, but is season 2 worth the investment. I also read they had a few stand alone series after the main story. Should i check them out?

Well, I'm a HUGE Ryomou fan so I *must* see anything related to her. And the second season has more of a role for her than in the first. And the third season has an even larger role for her. So I was pretty happy about that.

As far as action goes, it's a little more involved in the second season but the third season is even less fighting and more story driven. But there is still LOTS of nudity in both series. There's an especially

great onsen scene in Great Guardians with Ryomou and Ryofu.....

So I would say that if you liked season one, you'll like seasons 2 and 3. I need to watch season 4 now as I have yet to see any of that.

Billy

AerisAquata

Pullips don't cosplay, they ARE their characters. They've always been character dolls, just like an Azone Pureneemo.

I would want a Luka, personally, with an L bust. Luka's always been my favorite VOCALOID!

It might be a licensing issue, or Crypton/Yamaha might not want their property associated with dolls that are generally from ecchi material.

aeris

I would love Final Fantasy VII dolls. It would probably never happen.

I would love Clamp's dolls, especially Suu from Clover with her wings, or a rerelease of Chii/ Freya. It would probably never happen.

I would like Final Dragon Chronicles, just because of the molds they could use . It could happen as Volks already have the license and has done some figures. Wait and see.....

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

Tensei

Now that I think about it, I'd actually like to see Volks bring dolls from Phantasy Star Universe- Vivienne in Portable/Universe was pretty cute, for a Cast- Portable 2 has Emilia and Nagisa, and Volks already creates the Nagisa sculpture, so...

MikoAkiko23

It;d be cool if they made a DDdy of Tomoe the warrior priestess of Hinamoto from Queen's blade. I really like Tome ^^ OH!!! has anyone ever heard of Vanguard?! That shows is mostly females and DD's of them would be awesome too.