MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MikoAkiko23

Dollfie Dreams that Volks should make

Mega Negi

I want a (smol) Raphtalia MDD.

Edited by Mega Negi

RainyNights

Since they did 2B and 9S. I would absolutely love to see a DDdy Kaine and DD Emil from Nier:replicant. And DDS boy Ciel and DD Sebastian from Black butler (would die for that Robin set option for Ciel... yes, the pink one he wore to disguised himself as a girl). I know there's a resin bjd version of them but wasn't a big fan of it. DDS Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew would be lovely as well. Ahhh, I'm dreaming...

• Like 1

Melrose

Aerith and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy. FFVII is my favorite game of the franchise and I would love Aerith as a DD.

Sephiroth would be cool as well and we'd finally get another boy DD as there are only a few of those. 

• Like 4

Miruna

Definitely Meiko and Kaito from Vocaloid to complete the set. I would personally also like to see the Puella Magi girls and characters from Persona 5.

• Like 1

Melrose
18 hours ago, Miruna said:

Definitely Meiko and Kaito from Vocaloid to complete the set. I would personally also like to see the Puella Magi girls and characters from Persona 5.

I don't think Volks will make any of the Puella Magi girls anytime soon cause Azone released both 1/6 and 1/3 sets. Azone also released Devil Homura and Iroha as a 1/3 scale.

I would love a Kaito dollfie (we need more boys). If Volks and Persona ever collaborated, by husband would probably want Futaba and Makoto

finnleo
57 minutes ago, Melrose said:

cause Azone released both 1/6 and 1/3 sets.

Azone releasing something has not been a problem before for volks releases, its been mentioned in a few other threads, but the Fate series was/is shared between the two, and they did several august/aria VN releases pretty much simultaniously back in the day.

Miruna
5 hours ago, Melrose said:

I don't think Volks will make any of the Puella Magi girls anytime soon cause Azone released both 1/6 and 1/3 sets. Azone also released Devil Homura and Iroha as a 1/3 scale.

I would love a Kaito dollfie (we need more boys). If Volks and Persona ever collaborated, by husband would probably want Futaba and Makoto

Oh, I didn't know the Azone releases would impact Volks' decisions so much. 

Futaba and Makoto are great! I would love an Ann or Kasumi and, if we can get a boy, Goro or the Protag.

4 hours ago, finnleo said:

Azone releasing something has not been a problem before for volks releases

I hope so. I did see Azone's Puella Magi's, but I don't really like how they look. Especially since they seem to have their eyes painted on instead of inserted ones.

Dollvari

I would love to see some Final Fantasy 7 DD's. I feel since Volks made the Nier DD's, there is a good chance we may get some.

HannGS

The other day I was talking with my wife about the DD's we want to see from Volks and we think that if they make Lulu from FFX, it will be a great success, same with Yuna and Tidus ♥

• Like 1

Cydril

My dream dolls would be Utena and Anthy. I think their angular features would translate well into doll form. I think Azone did an Utena doll but I didnt care for the printed eyes.

1s8pmi0.png

• Like 4

Meowjima

I don't know if I already said this before, but more Persona girls, the Rebuild versions of Asuka, Rei, and possibly a v2 of Mari, Satsuki ad Ryuko from KLK, and possibly Panty and Stocking.

milkmoth

is anyone else kinda genuinely shocked there haven't been any tales dolls?  you'd think that like tear, estelle, and velvet would all be prime candidates...

i'm working on a meredy fan-doll, but she's resin. :0a

pharaviel

I would totally vouch for Pyra, Mythra and Nia from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Not sure if I could buy them without selling some body parts though...

Pyra.png.0d5f002e4af2041fb50a35cfa26aa846.pngSSBU_-_Mythra_Spirit.png.402f361afa2420bc3334407cf8a462fb.pngNia_artwork.png.dd57b73174691ba122b1a6f5efd6aabc.png

Edited by pharaviel
  • Like 1

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

Melrose
26 minutes ago, pharaviel said:

I would totally vouch for Pyra, Mythra and Nia from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Not sure if I could buy them without selling some body parts though...

Pyra.png.0d5f002e4af2041fb50a35cfa26aa846.pngSSBU_-_Mythra_Spirit.png.402f361afa2420bc3334407cf8a462fb.pngNia_artwork.png.dd57b73174691ba122b1a6f5efd6aabc.png

Pyra definitely. Fiora from the same series as well.

Because Lina Inverse got released, it would be nice to see Gourry as well (or at least Amelia but we honestly need more boy dollfie so I'm hoping for Gourry).

Mega Negi
On 11/24/2020 at 6:37 AM, Melrose said:

The other issue with making dolls of the Madoka Magica girls is their design. If you look at their proportions, they are not very dollfie-like. Sailor Moon character designs are way more suited to be Dollfie Dreams because they are so leggy and thin, very much like Dollfies. Characters drawn like Madoka, or even more, Konata from Lucky Star just don't lend themselves to Dollfie Dreams. Maybe not even MDDs. The proportions just don't match up.

EDIT: out of curiosity, I went and checked a picture of Madoka and she's actually about 6 heads tall. What threw me off is that the character designs from that show have heads that are wider than they are tall sometimes. She would be more suited to a DDP. I don't know what kind of head sculpt would suit her though.

Edited by Mega Negi

finnleo
8 hours ago, milkmoth said:

shocked there haven't been any tales dolls?

Bandai IP, so no shock ?

5 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

Characters drawn like Madoka, or even more, Konata from Lucky Star just don't lend themselves to Dollfie Dreams.

I ended up being a bit curious about the madoka magica claim, because while the original character concept designer, Aoki Ume's Hidamari sketch is a bit funky looking on occasion (because slice of life comedy), going back to take a good look at the official original Madoka art has been relatively proportionate to be implemented to something like a DDS.

The azone dolls were the normal 50cm line, and I only really remember thinking that they perhaps looked a bit skinny.

the art to be found in for instance megami magazine again is a mixed bag, where in some renditions Madoka is quite plump even by comparison... (Although for some reason I remembered Mami being more plump than the design sheets led to believe)

Yoshimizu Kagami is another peculiar artist, since like the story for Lucky Star, the original artwork is all over the place, and you can have stuff from chibi super deformed, to some book covers (6 to 10 for example) where the characters are quite normal looking. also when Kyoto Animation did their thing, they made their period trademark moeblob harmonization where the characters arent quite as wierd looking.

But in anycase, we still got this:

9446338213_d86001ca5f_c.jpg

Which probably ended up as full DD sized, only because that was the tradition with Volks produced anime sailor uniforms.

Both series designs do have the square lower cheek thing as a common trait, I guess the only similar things to be seen in the volks lineup is the DDH04, and maybe Louise.

Though given Volks's recent diversion into weird proportions with the Tohou and Higurashi Rena ... who knows.

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, finnleo said:

Though given Volks's recent diversion into weird proportions with the Tohou and Higurashi Rena ... who knows.

I’d add Lina Inverse to that list. I was not expecting her sculpt to hit it out of the park given that her style is very different from the cute or sexy characters that usually seem to get the dd treatment, but it did. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Selenae

More boys, more boys, more boys! I don't have any specific characters in mind aside from F/SN UBW's Archer. But please, Volks, I am begging you here.

• Like 3

DreamDollDesign

Huh. Thought I posted here but I guess not.

I'm obsessed with Zero Two and would kill for a doll of her. If they start making Fairy Tail girls I'm in for a world of trouble. Erza and Juvia would be instabuys for me. Oh nooo if they make Esdeath I'm in trouble too.

Oh and I can't forget about the wonderful Futaba from Persona V!

Though I agree with @Selenae. We need more boys! Holy crap Viktor from Yuri on Ice. Or Gaius from Tales of Xillia.

Edited by DreamDollDesign

Monty
5 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

Huh. Thought I posted here but I guess not.

There are actually 3 of these threads including this one, which might be why.

• Like 1

RuffleChuu

I'd love to see more lolita collabs like the Baby the Stars Shine Bright Super Dollfie, but with Dollfie Dreams

Tasuke

it'd be nice -though not so much to my pocketbook!!- to see a new DD To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara;

Konomi_Yuzuhara_CROP-RESIZE_20.jpg?width

fortunately, i do have my OBITSU 26cm. custom Konomi, so i'm taken care of either way;

Konomi_Yuzuhara_5-28-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?wi

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Mega Negi

Loot Anime: Which 'Kobayashi's Dragon Maid' Dragon Are You? | The Daily  Crate

Is there is a character better suited to be a mochi ashi MDD than Kanna-chan?

Edited by Mega Negi
  • Like 1

finnleo
6 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

Is there is a character better suited to be a mochi ashi MDD than ... ?

Dunno do I necessarily want to admit knowing of it ... But Marui Mitsuba out of Mitsudomoe?  though they would have to make some additional mochi parts to make her proper...

(but yea...perhaps a bit iffish series now-a-days, but Ayahi Takagaki as sadist Mitsuba going at it with Chiwa Saito at the receiving end... plus ultraviolence provided by the other two sisters, so some stuff to like even now)

But Kanna would be fun, though ... kyo-ani series, and that collab line seems to have dried up... but never know.

Maia

I would love a dragon maid dollfie dream I wonder if Lucoa would get a custom busty since she is so busty 

Edited by Mars