Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Shizusan

Custom made Couch

Shizusan

So I've been wanting to buy a couch to have my DDS sit/pose on and turns out they are really expensive. I decided hell I guess I can try to make my own and save a ton of money....hahaha. First off let me say that I've never ever made anything like this before and the closest thing I did was a speaker box for my car lol. All in all from the wood, screws, paint, primer, clear coat, sandpaper, foam, fabric, power tools, and good O' fashion elbow grease it turned out i spent close to $200. It was definitely a fun experience and I think I'm going to tackle other projects now. These are the images from start to finish (sort of), there are a lot of imperfections in the paint, frame, and my horrible sewing skills, but here we go!

Day 1 - 2

DD's in general are 1/3 right...so I measured my couch and scaled it down to 1/3 hahaha this is so bootleg.

Cut my pieces and started putting them together.

P.S. if you look closely you can see the bootleg schematics I devised.

21266526990_1276eaa054_c.jpg

21266740318_1cf9566819_c.jpg

Day 3 - 4

Ok so I wasn't planning on doing a step by step so I actually didn't take much pictures but here it is after putting the base board in and hours of sanding it down.

20833478283_32fc4dea28_c.jpg

Day 5 - 9

Ok at this point I really had a hard time painting and clear coating it properly so wasn't in the mood to picture it (although I should have). Then, for the first time sewing in my life, well frustration ensued. In the end, I asked my mom for help lol (sorry I tapped out). This is the finished product Version 1.0.

21463114481_4f142083fb_z.jpg

21463115221_c67b444285_z.jpg

Shizusan

Suffice to say, I think my math was way off cause the couch is slightly big depth wise. She can't have her back against the backing and her knees over the the edge so as to sit properly. It is also slightly to big in general I think because just imagining it I could probably seat 8 dollfies on here np, which my own couch can't do lol. In the end, M.O.M.O. loved it and decided to pose with it.

21266524690_6f3d643b51_z.jpg

21266740258_8fa4262a66_c.jpg

21443614302_f367a37b60_z.jpg

21463114841_78b86ba8a8_z.jpg

21428350016_118a450036_z.jpg

21267679739_b33978c8c1_z.jpg

• Like 2

Oni-Chan

*×* great job!

You could add lots of cushions, then the girls can sit forward. Either way it look fantastic, and chairs/sofas you can lounge around on are the best, some shots could double for bedroom pics so it's win win right?

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

danchiela

Oh wow thats awsome!!!!!! xD My dolls would have loved that haha

mellyn

That looks great! And the bigger the couch, the more dollies that can sit on it.

pharaviel

It's really a great work!

And it's good to plan for many dolls, as they tend to quickly multiply themselves

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

Shizusan

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

I think I will add some pillows (ugh more sewing haha), but what color brown like the frame?

oh and yes 2 more dolls are on the way

Nozomi02

That couch looks amazing! If it were me, I'd be tempted to make lots of different cushions. That way you could change the look of the couch depending on the feel or atmosphere of the picture you had in mind. Solid colors to keep the more contemporary design, or bold prints to add excitement/interest. Your couch has all neutral colors, so you have a lot of freedom in the cushions you choose, and they'll all look good!

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi