Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
sinclair

Image hosting sites?

sinclair

What photo hosting sites does everyone use, and why? I'm really getting into the photography side of this hobby, and want to share, but I noticed that by attaching photos through the forums puts photos in a box with scroll bars so you can't see the whole image. This may be to me doing it wrong, but I take enough other photos that I really should find a hosting site. I've used Google's photo site in the past (Whatever they want to call it this month, IDK, I lost track.), but it can be a pain. I've thought about Flickr, but hear less than wonderful things after their big change recently. I have a Photobucket account from way back when, but their site is now so ad filled, and doesn't seem to play well with large files. I know there's also 500px, but they had some bad press for using user's photos. I've even thought about hosting from my own NAS, but that seems to be a lot of work.

Anywho, what say ye?

Yukamina

With the forum embedded photos, you can see the whole image if you just click on it. I use photobucket sometimes (I have ad-block so I don't see the ads) and Flickr if the photo is nicer.

Marilyn

After the implosion of imageshack, and flickr insisting on fixing something that wasn't broke, I don't trust any of them.

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

BeyondTime

DeviantArt is an option. They are an artists community, and their web-tools are pretty good.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

I still use Flickr. Although they made several annoying changes I still think they're easier to use than the others. And I haaaaaaate Photobucket because it doesn't agree with my tablet at all.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Skaf

Flickr for my semi-decent pictures and imgur for the rest. I also store all my raw files on dropbox but that's for archival purposes, not for image hosting really.

Steffipuschel

flickr for me. I was on ipernity when flickr made the last change but i missed the old flickr groups so i stay on flickr.

Tried instagram once but you can only upload from handy not from computer. Since i normally take pics with my real camera not my mobile it was useless. These gramblr tool for pc was suspect ^^

I'm also on deviantart but only used it for my drawings. It was hard uploading more pics. to much fields taht have to be filled in for every pic

I really hate pinterest. Never where there. but if you aren't logged in you always get this annoying window that you should create an account and you can never see the pic in fullsize

jazijaz

My all time favorite: Photobucket

I can put it as private and I never see adds because I pay the fee, I don't remember how much but it is very cheap and you only pay per year. It has never failed me, I also love the app and I can easily upload and download photos from my phone. You can also backup albums and I spoke with a representative once and he told me that no matter what happens, my pictures will never be lost. Oh and you can edit/crop/reduce size.

What I like the most is that it keeps everything organized and easy to find:

Image1_zpsqv5eiv18.png

DeviantArt always freezes up for me so I don't like to visit that place. Flickr is too complicated to post links and organize albums, it always looked messy for me. I have used other image hosting websites (and one of them crashed and I lost all my pictures) but I always went back to photobucket and I'm happy with it.

The only negative I have is that 2 years ago they used to have the coolest editing option ever. I was in love with all the backgrounds, letter styles, colors etc. It was better than Photoshop for me and very easy to use...but they got rid of it and changed it to one I never use because it is plain and boring.

Noxxbunny

I can put it as private and I never see adds because I pay the fee, I don't remember how much but it is very cheap and you only pay per year. It has never failed me, I also love the app and I can easily upload and download photos from my phone. You can also backup albums and I spoke with a representative once and he told me that no matter what happens, my pictures will never be lost. Oh and you can edit/crop/reduce size.

What I like the most is that it keeps everything organized and easy to find:

Image1_zpsqv5eiv18.png

DeviantArt always freezes up for me so I don't like to visit that place. Flickr is too complicated to post links and organize albums, it always looked messy for me. I have used other image hosting websites (and one of them crashed and I lost all my pictures) but I always went back to photobucket and I'm happy with it.

The only negative I have is that 2 years ago they used to have the coolest editing option ever. I was in love with all the backgrounds, letter styles, colors etc. It was better than Photoshop for me and very easy to use...but they got rid of it and changed it to one I never use because it is plain and boring.

Have you been having issues with photobucket here on the forum lately? I'm about to quit it after like a decade of use because if my image is over 6 inches in width, it wonks out here when I direct link. It tries to blow the image up to a much bigger size for some reason and I just can't figure out why. The only solution I have so far is to make my images small as heck.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

jazijaz

Have you been having issues with photobucket here on the forum lately? I'm about to quit it after like a decade of use because if my image is over 6 inches in width, it wonks out here when I direct link. It tries to blow the image up to a much bigger size for some reason and I just can't figure out why. The only solution I have so far is to make my images small as heck.

Sorry, I answered before but I misunderstood...I really don't know why you're having that problem the only problem I had here was that my horizontal pictures were cut off if they were too big and I had to make them smaller until I read that by using the code the pictures would automatically fit on the posts. Other than that, I never had any problems with my photos here

Noxxbunny

Oh that happened to me too but it seems that the forum is the problem because it doesn't happen on DoA or in any other forum I visit.

if you put an 'r' in the code like this: link you won't have those problems anymore :]

Thanks! Sometimes the 'r' works out for me and sometimes it doesn't lol. It depends on my image, I guess. At least it's not just me. It's a real shame too since Photobucket was working fine here for me until about a month ago. At least it's not Photobucket itself so I don't have to quit. I really didn't want to.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

jazijaz

Thanks! Sometimes the 'r' works out for me and sometimes it doesn't lol. It depends on my image, I guess. At least it's not just me. It's a real shame too since Photobucket was working fine here for me until about a month ago. At least it's not Photobucket itself so I don't have to quit. I really didn't want to.

I edited my comment before, I thought you were asking something different lol...don't mind me, I'm extremely tired, woke up at 3am today and have been working until 5pm...you're welcome

that's still weird that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, I hope you can figure out what's the problem >_<

sinclair

Thanks for all the comments. I've figured out the tag and remembered how to set albums and images in Google(+) Photos to share, and it's been working for me for now. Plus Google doesn't count image size against you if you let them resize the upload via browser. I've found their resizing still keeps them big enough for the web, so I'm happy for now.

The issue I have now is I need to reinstall my OS on my Mac to get iPhoto working again so I can get alal the photos I've taken off my camera and on here for everyone to see.