Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sasami04

Has anyone scared people with their DD?

SolicitorPirate

Would it count if I scared myself? I'm still super new to owning a doll, and the first night I got it, I woke up in the middle of the night, saw this humanoid figure near my bed and was like, 'Jesus! What the hell is that!?'

• Haha 2

AceZeroX

I once scared my brother's friend

My brother was visiting and he had his friends over, being the weirdos they are they check out my room

I had Usu standing on my bedwearing a dress, one of his friends commented, "I like a lot of things in this room but the doll scares me."

At Home

.: Alice "Usu" Kuonji :. ♪ .: "MM" (09) head only :.

Dreaming of...

♪ Sakuya Izayoi ♪ ☆Rise Kujikawa☆♪ Alisa ♪2B♪9S♪Jeanne D'Arc ♪

Nozomi02

I went to Disneyland with some dolls. It was a really sunny day, so I had them sitting in a backpack while I wasn't taking pictures. The security lady who inspected the bag near jumped out if her skin. Apparently she didn't like dolls in general, and didn't appreciate being surprised.

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

Mimiyo3

I got a few pretty good scares at halloween last year due to this little girl being perched in the window at my grandma's house.

0aOWaKs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

medalis

Spooked my boss once with my modified Smart Doll Mirai. She had a speaker in her head connected to my phone and, unfortunately, that tiny speaker isn't exactly the best at holdin' a charge. So while I had her on the counter and was checking my schedule, she started going 'LOW BATTERY' right out of the blue. My boss, who had been leaning against the counter next to her, startled away from her and was like 'whoa, wait, she talks?'

It was freaking hilarious.

• Haha 2

summonsang

Please check the concept of "creepy valley".

It says that things are scaring if they like human.

More similar, more scaring.

But I think DD is okay that BJD is more creepy because more similar to human.

etoile

Earlier this week, I was sending Clara off for a face up and I thought, as long as I am taking her a part, I may as well completely dismantle and give her a bath while I was at it. I spread out a white cloth on the counter and I took her a part and washed her before putting the different pieces on the towel. I left her out to dry and I completely forgot I had her out for a few hours. In the mean time, I had a friend stop by and she walked into the kitchen and sort of let out a scream at the dismantled body on the counter. X3

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

Sorry to rev a dead topic, but I was just reading this after gleefully scaring my mother 😈

I thought she was okay with my dolls since she collects Barbies and said Azone Alice was cute, but my DDs seem to terrify her for some reason.

I have two sitting out on my dresser and whenever I FaceTime with her, I’m always sure to turn the camera around and zoom up on them. Sometimes I shake the camera a little and pretend they’re talking to her, which usually elicits a terrified scream 😙

Recently I took Saber Alter’s arms off to check the shoulder joints and put her in a bodysuit to check the colour match. She’s also missing her eyes, so she looks really horrific. I love sending this photo to people to freak them out, mother included (she did NOT appreciate this 😁).

Spoiler

FCE2E5FB-B098-44A3-8666-F520708A1579

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

moerunamida
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Sorry to rev a dead topic, but I was just reading this after gleefully scaring my mother 😈

I thought she was okay with my dolls since she collects Barbies and said Azone Alice was cute, but my DDs seem to terrify her for some reason.

I have two sitting out on my dresser and whenever I FaceTime with her, I’m always sure to turn the camera around and zoom up on them. Sometimes I shake the camera a little and pretend they’re talking to her, which usually elicits a terrified scream 😙

Recently I took Saber Alter’s arms off to check the shoulder joints and put her in a bodysuit to check the colour match. She’s also missing her eyes, so she looks really horrific. I love sending this photo to people to freak them out, mother included (she did NOT appreciate this 😁).

Reveal hidden contents

FCE2E5FB-B098-44A3-8666-F520708A1579

I love this, LOL!

I'll add mine. No one specific, but if I am out and about shooting my dolls, I'll get lots of questions. The people who half jokingly make a mention that they don't look as scary as those old porcelain dolls, I add, "Nah. They hardly ever creep me out except when I hear footsteps in the middle of the night." Delivered deadpan with a straight face elicits a few soft gasps from people *evil laugh*

• Haha 7

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Mo3cha
On 6/11/2016 at 11:05 AM, Lore said:

Definitely wasn't trying to scare my ultra-conservative parents with my dolls, but I had to send all my dolls to my parents house in the States to avoid UK custom fees.

My brother agreed to inspect them for me just in case something went wrong.

Well, he just happened to be opening up the first box and was "playing around" (making fun of her enormous boobies and poseability) when my dad walks in....then quickly walks out after saying "WTF is your sister into this time??"

I got to hear all of this while I was talking to him on Skype.

Classic.

Omg this sounds like something that would happen to me 😂🤦‍♂️

My family see my dolls a lot when they're out on display or when I am crocheting a sweater for them and they always comment about how scary they are but to me my dolls give me warmth and comfort. My sister thought I was goth or into dark arts when she saw my DD 😅

• Like 1

babybluebunnyboy

Reviving once again because this whole thread is AMAZING to read!

I actually have never had a super weird or "creepy" interaction with most people, it's the usual "omg their so cute" with family members and whom I share them with. Although, new friends or my younger sister's friends coming over and seeing them definitely makes them go "eee" and vacate my room immediately. Unwanted guest deterrent! 

I can't wait to go out and about with my dolls once their complete (doing their faces and body blushing myself) The idea of going to little boba shops or parks with them makes my heart sing :,3

Xiongmao

I unboxed Towa deep in the covid pandemic and my sister reckoned I had gone really mad buying a huge scary looking doll 🙄.

Towa did scare the bejesus out of my sister when I took her round her house and she caught a glimpse of her out of the corner of her eye.

My dolls have never scared me but my praying mantis pets do not like dolls at all!

I'd like to attend an anime convention some time and I'll take somebody in cosplay. Initially I was going to take one of the Clannad girls. I might switch that to Kaito + Kirika who will cosplay as the pair from Death Note. I imagine the dolls will get a lot of interest given how generally rare DD are.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Monty

I’ve scared myself, in an unexpected way… I have a power board on my desk that has a blue light on it, it’s kinda annoying because it’s a bit bright. I had one of the dolls standing on my desk in front of the power board that day, and  when it was time for bed I turned off the lights, got into bed, closed my eyes for a bit, and then open them to look at the ceiling, to find out that the light had cast a GIANT HUMANOID SHADOW looming over my bed. 
I realised what had happened pretty quickly and thought it was funny but it was pretty startling in that microsecond or so before the realisation hit lol.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 3

plasticyears
2 hours ago, Monty said:

I’ve scared myself, in an unexpected way… I have a power board on my desk that has a blue light on it, it’s kinda annoying because it’s a bit bright. I had one of the dolls standing on my desk in front of the power board that day, and  when it was time for bed I turned off the lights, got into bed, closed my eyes for a bit, and then open them to look at the ceiling, to find out that the light had cast a GIANT HUMANOID SHADOW looming over my bed. 
I realised what had happened pretty quickly and thought it was funny but it was pretty startling in that microsecond or so before the realisation hit lol.

@Monty this is exactly what happened to me, lmao. I think this was my first night as a BJD owner. Thought there was the shadow of a giant man in my room. Was very careful where I left my dolls after that. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

babybluebunnyboy

Oh my god! You poor sweethearts! I've had my moments with my Chitose like that, they just look down or over at you with pure love in their eyes
But, it can be incredibly terrifying LOL

@plasticyears @Monty

• Haha 1