The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Can anything be done about the word filter...?

Monty

The word filter on here is kinda weird. For example, as we learned in Baldylox's sexy party thread, I discovered that the non-plural form of 'bleeps' is censored, but as you can see, with an s it's just fine. That's pretty amusing and all, but what annoys me a bit is that I literally can not write the name of the prefecture in Japan I am moving to without it being censored.

'Fu kuoka' without the space becomes 'bleep'. It's also pretty funny, but since I've been typing it a lot lately (There is a Volks store there, after all! Also a Mandarake, so the branch name may get mentioned in sales links threads too) I frequently forget to insert the space and then have to edit my post, lest people have no idea wth i'm talking about. (''the bleep volks store? you live in bleep?'')

If the filter cant be changed then that's that...it just seems a little silly to me because its not even like the first 3 letters of the place are a swear word. A misspelled swear word, without a c, maybe, but I dont know. Seems a little overzealous to include misspellings of swear words maybe? Or is there perhaps a whitelist feature so words like ''fu kuoka'' dont get filtered out?

Its not urgent or anything but I thought I'd make the suggestion anyway.

foo

It's a normal admin setting of phpbb, so it should be easy to change if Averis is around. An alternative is to use double-width characters to take care of that shit, but that looks weird.

growcian

Looking at my post in this thread describing Sheryl's eyes:

I used the word "circ_umstances" (minus the underscore). I got bleeped. :lol:

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Leiothrix

Is a word filter actually necessary?  I wouldn't think that the audience here would abuse language too often for humans to easily handle.

Computers trying to be clever never works out.

Also known as the Sbleephorpe problem

Leiothrix

And the computer fell for it.  It bleeped the word, at least it didn't bleep the URL.  Proves the point though.

Monty

Testing, 1, 2! I used to live in Fukuoka, and in highschool one of my fave manga was Full Moon wo Sagashite.

EDIT: Success! Both of those would have turned into 'Bleep' on the old forum. Thank you!

Edited by Monty

RainbowNanaki

Thanks so much for fixing this!

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Monty

Unfortunately it seems there are now new words being flagged. I noticed this today while looking at an old photo post of mine and saw the sentence 'There are also entire web-sites dedicated to dobleepenting it!'

Took me a while to figure out what happened there, but it looks like the letters c, u and m together flag the censor.

cfx

Well, the filter was good for humor anyway; I was reading an old post of mine and just saw cirbleepference where I was discussing DD head sizes... @onion9@

Edited by cfx