MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

DDS Freyja Wion and Santa Saber Alter

Oni-Chan

Cuteeee, but im pretty sure im safe from her ^×^

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

mika

Is it just me or their headscuplts lately have the same look? I had hoped they'd opted for a more unique look..

AyaToyBox
Is it just me or their headscuplts lately have the same look? I had hoped they'd opted for a more unique look..

I also think the same thing.. she looks like uzuki or mio Honda but most likely in the end it's just similar face up.. who is the volks artist do her this time XD

Kitsune

I don't know anything about Macross but Freyja looks like Shimamura Uzuki in a cosplay outfit ö3ö'

I'm definitely safe this time~

seventhfonist

So glad that I'm not finding her to be cute and my wallet is safe.

Talolili

I was thinking the same. I do like this look but it can get repetitive. I'll be passing on her but look forward to owner pics. I think she'll look nice as a brunette.

Freyacchi

Cute !!! But as others said Uzuki in cosplay. I wanted Uzuki for custom projects so I'll add her to list of potentials .

Anyone else feels that volks are taking shortcuts lately? ..

Too.. many.. cute.. dollfies.. CPR for my wallet please!!

Proffesional Face up artist. Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/freyacchis.workshop/

Youpla

It's sad that she has not a more open mouth for a beautiful smile.. too similar to other sculpt unfortunately...

Gunter

Misaki Serika really needs a break as a sculptor, cause damn are his faces just blurring together now. It has been that way for a long time with the idolmaster girls, but isn't great to see it happen into other franchises.

Not a fan of the series, and same-face is well, boring, so I'm safe.

Monty

What surprises me is that this show only came out this year, right? It seemed to me like Volks have never been this 'quick' at making something into a DD before. I'm possibly wrong, though.

Even Ranka/Sheryl took a while after the anime to get made into DDs though.

And I know that Volks seems to like the Macross franchise but...is this girl even that popular?? I'm not trying to be rude but I have never seen her anyway until now and I know Volks dont tend to go for 'waifu of the season' or anything but I usually at least recognize the characters that get made, even if I've never seen the show/played the game they're from, just from seeing them around the place and fanart/etc. I know Macross Frontier was a huge hit but I literally never hear anyone talk about Delta, to the point that I forgot it existed at all.

Ah well, I was wondering what the next lottery would be for December Dolpa (I assume this is what she will be??) and was getting paranoid it would be a character i'd really want and I really cant handle that after a double Kagamine attack, so I'm glad I'm not interested lol. (although...they usually have two lottery dolls that arent always related (ie shibuya rin and arle) so hmm...

asianed

As much as I love Macross, I couldn't really bring myself to truly like Delta or really form a bond with the characters. The Volks rendition of Freyja is cute, though I'd probably be more interested in the outfits to dress up Ranka in... XD

And I know that Volks seems to like the Macross franchise but...is this girl even that popular?? I'm not trying to be rude but I have never seen her anyway until now and I know Volks dont tend to go for 'waifu of the season' or anything but I usually at least recognize the characters that get made, even if I've never seen the show/played the game they're from, just from seeing them around the place and fanart/etc. I know Macross Frontier was a huge hit but I literally never hear anyone talk about Delta, to the point that I forgot it existed at all.

Freyja is actually one of the main love interests in Delta (the other being Mirage). If you want to draw an analog to Frontier, she's the Ranka of the series: The new girl, the unknown, recently discovered, damaged backstory, etc.

As for timing, I think now that Volks has secured the license to make Macross products, they're going after it hard. The Macross license isn't handed out to many, so even things like figures and other merchandise are extremely limited. You can probably count on one hand the number of figure makers that are authorized to do Macross items.

I'm really hoping they alternate between mainline and nostalgic releases. I'd love to see a Minmay!

Edited by Guest

Amara77

I'm in the same camp, she's a cutie but looks like an idolm@ster girl.

I didn't know who she was so I assumed another idol because of her look. It is kind of sad that she's from another franchise and looks just like them.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Thespian

Cute, but still not up my alley. Which is a comfort, considering I really cannot afford to dive into another doll right now, but I really hope this same faceness goes away here soon. Misaki's work can be so incredible, it's almost heartbreaking to see him continue to fall back on this specific set of features. I hope he's not getting burnt out!

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Cauldroness

Same as everyone else has said: cute but not for me! My wallet is breathing a big sigh of relief. Now hopefully Fairyland will make a gorgeous Mandrake girl this December and I can focus all my monies on her!

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

archeotech
What surprises me is that this show only came out this year, right? It seemed to me like Volks have never been this 'quick' at making something into a DD before. I'm possibly wrong, though.

Even Ranka/Sheryl took a while after the anime to get made into DDs though.

Ah well, I was wondering what the next lottery would be for December Dolpa (I assume this is what she will be??) and was getting paranoid it would be a character i'd really want and I really cant handle that after a double Kagamine attack, so I'm glad I'm not interested lol. (although...they usually have two lottery dolls that arent always related (ie shibuya rin and arle) so hmm...

Well Macross is a massive franchise in Japan and looks like Volks still have the licence for it so are trying to make full use of it, however Macross Delta is nowhere near as good at Frontier. Freyja is probably the best thing about this series but even then I'm just not crazy about it.

And it's not the first time Volks have released something current or at least within a year of a series. Most of their dolls are really. Just look at Cinderella girls, white album, Haruhi, Unbreakable Machine Doll. etc Even their fate series dolls usually come out near to a game/series release.

I'd like for them to do more fresh series though rather than focusing on just a few series. For the last three years we've mostly being getting Idolmaster dolls with a few other big franchises which were nice but there's so much else I want ^^

Hopefully they'll finish the original idolmaster series soon. At least with cinderella girls the designs are all much more different but really don't like those electric pink outfits on the original girls plus their sculpts are so similar.

Anyway for the Christmas event Freyja will be one of the dolls but I expect there will be another DD so hoping for something good! Will probably pass on Freyja myself. Sounds like whoever enters for her will most likely be able to win her but she'll probably be more popular in Japan.

Yukamina

I'm safe too...

I've seen art of this character around, but I don't know that the DD captures her energetic vibe. Still not interested in the character, the doll, or the anime.

Poofiemus

Cute but nowhere near "must have" cute. . .thank GOD, because between Fate on layaway and OMFG ALL THE HOME BUYING COSTS my wallet is BEYOND dead.

. . . that wig is cute though.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Gabriel

DDS Freyja looks nice, but all she really makes me think about is how I should have ordered Ranka Lee a couple of years ago.

Perhaps Youpla is feeling the same way I do about this particular picture. It seems very generic. It feels like they made a custom Freyja outfit, wig, and set of eyes, and then took a stock head and called it a day.

I don't think any of Macross Delta's Walkure is going to make me want to add a new girl to my collection. I'm midway through the series now, and I still can't say I care about any of them. So the DDs would have to be extra special to overcome that.

But DD Minmay... That would be something to consider.

mizya

Ahh, my precious apple girl~! I watched Macross Delta and while I wouldn't say that it was the greatest anime ever, I still enjoyed it and I'm a hopeless Walküre fangirl. I was actually thinking about customising Walküre girls myself but now if Volks makes official versions of them all... eeppp! *___*

Freya can make such dorky faces that the doll looks maybe a bit too "pretty & proper" for her perhaps... I wish they would have gone for a wider and happier smile because her catchphrase is 歌はゲンキ!(she's all about being energetic). The same thing bugs me about Takatsuki Yayoi, her smile seems way too shy for her character... ... But then again, it's still a Freya doll. And I love, love, love Walküre. ;u;

Too bad I'm totally broke after Kagamine Rin & Len and Freya will probably be lottery so there's no way I'll be able to magically conjure money for her (unless I win the (actual money) lottery, but that's very unlikely haha). My heart bleeds~~! >A< Volks, why do you have to release all my favourite characters in a row... my bank account needs time to recover lol! xD

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

perfect34

Well without a doubt I can say for sure I am safe from this doll.

Shadowcat

Any idea on when she will be released?

Hallonkatten

I'm just laughing here.

I just got Rin and Len and though my money would be safe for a while until they release Luka or Kaito.

At the same time I really hoped for Macross Delta Freyja and Mikumo for pre-order in the future... X'D

As all of my girls are from favorite franchises and is kept as their characters because of that (except my Arle..), that's what got me into DD.

So many here does not know her but I'm super happy. At the same time I don't really know yet how to get her as she seems to be a event lottery doll? As many of you are saying I still would have hoped for a bigger smile on her sculpt. But she is probably going to fit in with Ranka and Sheryl with this gentle smile and I understand that it makes her more versatile.

And yes, Macross Delta is new and not big in the west. But neither were Frontier until several years after being released. But it's still huge in Japan.

My poor wallet..

asianed

Well Macross is a massive franchise in Japan and looks like Volks still have the licence for it so are trying to make full use of it, however Macross Delta is nowhere near as good at Frontier. Freyja is probably the best thing about this series but even then I'm just not crazy about it.

There's no doubt that Volks is trying to capitalize on a hot property right now. Quick turnaround and timing are key in the Japanese market, especially for stuff like this. Delta aimed to reach a wider audience by introducing an idol group as the primary plot device (who doesn't love idol groups?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!) so creating Freyja may just be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Delta DDs. Depending on how she sells, we may see Mikumo, Kaname, and the others right behind. Poor Mirage, though. She probably won't get a release because she's not an idol.

Personally, I was a fan of the music. The story and the characters, not so much. I'm not even that interested in buying figures of the characters!