Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

NatsukiP

New Anime Boy Head-Prototype-MadhuDOLL

NatsukiP
18 minutes ago, cfx said:

Just paste the instagram link inline in the editor window, and it'll be automatically converted.

Edit: That is the instagram link from a PC browser; if you are doing this from a phone I don't know how that works.

I did it by PC browser when I edited the post but I’m going to try via phone. 

Pasting the image the same way via phone works good too 😎

Singer Yuna

I'm so happy you still update this thread of your heads! They look so good! Keep it up and happy holidays! 

Edited by Singer Yuna

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

NatsukiP
9 hours ago, Singer Yuna said:

I'm so happy you still update this thread of your heads! They look so good! Keep it up and happy holidays! 

Thank youuuu!!! Yes I will keep updating till the end of this project! And happy holidays to you too!

• Like 1

NatsukiP

Here are two photos of digital faceup mock ups that I have made. One looks spicy 😈 while the other looks sweet 🥺 haha. The digital mockups were done on FireAlpaca. 

49279548858_652336ae40.jpgUntitled by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

49280227242_a20777878c.jpgUntitled by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

I think his head can also be used as a very mature girl.

• Like 2

Poofiemus

Regarding eyes, I'm fine with smaller so long as they're like. . . standard size and standard iris-to-sclera ratio. The bear with finding Smart Doll eyes is that their irises are teeny but the whites are big, which usually requires custom ordering eyes--and eff that lol.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

cfx
On 12/26/2019 at 9:18 PM, NatsukiP said:

49280227242_a20777878c.jpgUntitled by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

I think his head can also be used as a very mature girl.

Yes! This faceup type would make for a pretty lady.  @onion24@

• Like 1

Koala-Krash

Oh wow, what a cool project, amazing work!

• Like 1

NatsukiP
On 1/9/2020 at 4:51 PM, Poofiemus said:

Regarding eyes, I'm fine with smaller so long as they're like. . . standard size and standard iris-to-sclera ratio. The bear with finding Smart Doll eyes is that their irises are teeny but the whites are big, which usually requires custom ordering eyes--and eff that lol.

Yea definitely, and I didn’t know that, I’ll make sure to take some pics of the anime eyes I have with me, but I have a question for smartdoll eiji, he has 16mm eyes, so to understand what your statement, his iris area is much smaller than the sclera? And thank you for the feedback!

On 1/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, cfx said:

Yes! This faceup type would make for a pretty lady.  @onion24@

Thank you!! I kept looking at his head and thought hmmmm he would make a nice onee-san type. 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, Koala-Krash said:

Oh wow, what a cool project, amazing work!

Thank you so much!

NatsukiP

So here are some eye comparisons first up is S-san, above each photo is the eye type and size

Glib 18mm realistic

49368100898_3f20ed73d4_b.jpg

Junkyspot 18mm grape jelly

49368563556_aab474db87_b.jpg

Glib 18mm charagumin

49368779227_68493832d8_b.jpg

Glib 16mm Charagumin

49368100723_6dc79aa50d_b.jpg

With bad gapping, I hope to resolve this issue soon though

49368779012_1f06290828_b.jpg

Glib 14mm charagumin which also has bad gapping issues 

49368100713_98991fe45c_b.jpg

Poofiemus
On 1/11/2020 at 11:38 AM, NatsukiP said:

Yea definitely, and I didn’t know that, I’ll make sure to take some pics of the anime eyes I have with me, but I have a question for smartdoll eiji, he has 16mm eyes, so to understand what your statement, his iris area is much smaller than the sclera? And thank you for the feedback!

So, most eyes, the iris is half the diameter of the sclera. The Eiji eyes have an iris that's more like. . .1/3 the diameter of the sclera? He's got like the 8mm irises you'd see in 16mm eyes but the scleras are more like 20mm in diameter. So if you don't get Smartdoll or custom eyes, you either wind up with giant irises or with gapping. Fun times. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

NatsukiP
On 1/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, Poofiemus said:

So, most eyes, the iris is half the diameter of the sclera. The Eiji eyes have an iris that's more like. . .1/3 the diameter of the sclera? He's got like the 8mm irises you'd see in 16mm eyes but the scleras are more like 20mm in diameter. So if you don't get Smartdoll or custom eyes, you either wind up with giant irises or with gapping. Fun times. 

Ah okay, I see what you mean. I was actually considering doing the same with my boy but seeing the problems it would present, a standard size seems to be a better option. 

cfx

As I understand it, the tradeoff is you're limited by the width vs. height of the eye holes in the head, because you need a larger eye base to cover a wider opening, but a small iris circle if the eyes are more narrow vertically. I assume that's why Eiji is like that, though I've never studied him carefully.

I wouldn't want your vision of what you want the head to look like to be compromised by this. If you're supplying eyes then it's not as much of an issue if they aren't standard I think.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

You're aiming for a larger neck size right? About what size do you think he'll end up at?

Because I've been wanting to hybrid a Granado Vindoll with a more anime head since I'm not keen on the ultra-realistic sculpts (think dbz boy), so if he's going to be close to 11cm this could be perfect.

(I know Granado does custom casting too, but idk if they'd cast in vinyl.) 

• Like 1

NatsukiP
On 1/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, cfx said:

As I understand it, the tradeoff is you're limited by the width vs. height of the eye holes in the head, because you need a larger eye base to cover a wider opening, but a small iris circle if the eyes are more narrow vertically. I assume that's why Eiji is like that, though I've never studied him carefully.

I wouldn't want your vision of what you want the head to look like to be compromised by this. If you're supplying eyes then it's not as much of an issue if they aren't standard I think.

Yea it’s a bit tough since other wise a smaller eye size means risk of gapping or options are not available I can understand why the company chose that decision.

Thank you for your concern! Quite honestly I just want to make sure everyone’s options are open so then he’s more customizable. I hope I can make custom eyes to fit them soon though. 

NatsukiP
On 1/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

You're aiming for a larger neck size right? About what size do you think he'll end up at?

Because I've been wanting to hybrid a Granado Vindoll with a more anime head since I'm not keen on the ultra-realistic sculpts (think dbz boy), so if he's going to be close to 11cm this could be perfect.

(I know Granado does custom casting too, but idk if they'd cast in vinyl.) 

Yes definitely! I intended my head to fit on 65cm-75cm bodies, so their necks will be about 11-12cm big. 

Vinyl casting I’m not too sure at the moment, But thanks for mentioning! I’ll have to add Granada to my list of companies to contact when the time comes. 

• Like 1

katnaper

He is looking really good. Thanks for updating us about your progress!

• Like 1

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

NatsukiP
59 minutes ago, katnaper said:

He is looking really good. Thanks for updating us about your progress!

Thank you so much! In fact I have even more updates which took me a while to get up on here

Here’s all the heads and I had decided to remake S-San, since his original head was really huge compared to the mature face. So basically the head your seeing now is the newer head that I tried to resculpt as the original, but smaller  and finally a comparison post I hope to get them over and finished with NOW lol

• Like 1

NatsukiP

its been quite a while hasn't it. I hope everyone is doing okay. Since starting this projecting I can say I am closer to completion, with the head back needing some more work and of course primer to coat the head. But I had reach a point while filling and sanding where I thought, is he okay?? I wanted feedback for the head. I am still working on him, evening some surfaces, but his eyes seem so far apart? Overall, do you guys like the  head? What are your critiques? This post is image heavy and some images are nsfw, mainly just a look on how he fits on bodies. 

Here are images of the head itself:

50138799782_605032c5db.jpgIMG-3224 (1) by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

50138762626_d1613c0a52.jpgUntitled by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

50138799607_69ccfe8d83.jpgIMG-3234 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

As well as one image of the head without the perspective fixed

50138565131_5512ea5240.jpgIMG-3223 (1) by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

And below are photos with various type of eyes as well. Surprisingly I was able to get Volks 20mm to fit in him!

below are glib 18mm

50138565406_672c4bd744.jpgIMG-3235 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

glib 16mm

50138800102_98df296eac.jpgIMG-3238 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

and lastly Volks 20mm along with comparisons on how he looks to my 2 DD heads on hand, my ddh03 and ddh07 both with and without wig. Just a disclaimer, both heads are being modified, but I have not altered the face shape, just the features. 

50138565431_bfa72ae08b.jpgIMG-3203 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

50138565351_9bd978de53.jpgIMG-3209 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

50138565256_d699d59c0f.jpgIMG-3214 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

50138020328_a4b74e242e.jpgIMG-3213 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

NatsukiP

I've decided to go ahead and split the posts, here he is on my three available bodies, Akagi Doll 66cm, Angel of Dream 60cm girl, and lastly,

Dollshe 28m Body. These photos are taken with naked doll bodies from the bust up, so please beware of doll nudity. 

Akagi doll 66cm:

Neck circumference = 10.3cm

Shoulder width = 14.5

50138565216_99a7ac4e2e.jpgIMG-3215 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

Angel of Dream Girl body

Neck circumference = 9cm

Shoulderwidth = 10cm

50138565176_e863bc0a58.jpgIMG-3218 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

And just to see if he porprotins would work, Dollshe 28m body

Neck circumference = 13cm

Shoulderwidth = 17.5cm

50138799662_ddf7f07394.jpgIMG-3217 by NatsukiPHOTO, on Flickr

What do you guys thing so far, I'm in a bit of a slump as far as the head looks and I just want him finished

Edited by NatsukiP

NatsukiP

Man I’m really bad at remembering what threads I’ve made 😅  I was able to make a few resin castings, I made one sweet and the other spicy, I’m really liking how they look, just gotta repair the prototype now and do more sanding. 

• Like 4

Friendlily

You're pretty talented! I really like your work. He looks pretty awesome—probably even better than the anime style Smart Doll guys!

Things are going to be okay.

Veravey

Wow! Amazing work! Thank you for sharing your process.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

NatsukiP
7 hours ago, Friendlily said:

You're pretty talented! I really like your work. He looks pretty awesome—probably even better than the anime style Smart Doll guys!

Thank you so much!! Still some more to do before he’s ready. 

7 hours ago, Veravey said:

Wow! Amazing work! Thank you for sharing your process.

Thank you, I’m always glad to read these comments! 

Gabihime

They look wonderful!  It’s great seeing your process.  I have goals of doing my first resin casting this year too, also for anime aesthetic parts, although my intention is to start with body parts other than the head lol.

NatsukiP
12 hours ago, Gabihime said:

They look wonderful!  It’s great seeing your process.  I have goals of doing my first resin casting this year too, also for anime aesthetic parts, although my intention is to start with body parts other than the head lol.

Thank you so much! I wish you luck, for me personally the silicon mold making wasn’t too difficult nor was resin casting, but mines were just quick castings with terrible seam lines and bubbles. And if you live in the USA and want to use Smooth On products which I used for my castings, I recommend ordering through art stores like Blick, since you can get shipping for free if it’s over a certain amount 😅  But I made the mistake of ordering quick setting resin and silicone which caused me to mix like a crazy person and then pray it came out okay haha. Do you have any spot that you’re sharing your work, I would love to follow you!