Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

buncho

doll-sized hair snaps!

buncho

For a few weeks now I've been trying to find barrettes/hair clips/etc. that wouldn't look comically large on my girls-- there's a lot of cute designs out there for kids and babies, but I still find them to be way out of scale (especially if they're being used to hold back bangs). After combing through a lot of possible resources, I finally, FINALLY found a website that sells hair snaps sized 1 cm or less.

http://www.twistbraidsnap.com/store/agora.cgi?product=Hair%20Snaps

I think their selection is really good, and I've ordered a few packs for myself. They're located inside the US-- I don't know if they ship internationally, however.

Hopefully this is of some use to you guys!

Anna-neko

oh, these look good! And apparently come in packs of A LOT

*nudge nudge* if u ever wanna get rid of a few hairclips, Saber would be thrilled to take them

Kalle

Oh wow, some of these would be AWESOME for decora-style outfits * u *

LAOiCdW.gif

sinclair

Okay, I have to ask. Saw these when you posted them on Facebook, have been wondering since. Forgive me as I'm not a girl, but how do you undo them to get them out of your hair? It's the same snap mechanism they use for wrist bands at events, pools, and the hospital. Those don't come apart without breaking. How are these different? Or is that why they sell them in bulk?

Anna-neko
It's the same snap mechanism they use for wrist bands at events, pools, and the hospital. Those don't come apart without breaking. How are these different? Or is that why they sell them in bulk?

Yes, you just pop open the snap. The snaps are meant to be reusable, not like the permanent "close only once" bracelets (wait, they still use snaps? Everywhere I been from check-ups to concerts, their bands are sticker closures....)

They come in bulk because they are so tiny! The idea is to use a ton of them in the hairstyle to add lots of color and if you lose a couple here and there it won't be as tragic

aaaaaand leaning on some childhood experiences: the plastic is hella cheap anyway, so half the time you might just lose the hairclip because it came undone w/out you noticing. Little kids lose so many things!

buncho
Okay, I have to ask. Saw these when you posted them on Facebook, have been wondering since. Forgive me as I'm not a girl, but how do you undo them to get them out of your hair? It's the same snap mechanism they use for wrist bands at events, pools, and the hospital. Those don't come apart without breaking. How are these different? Or is that why they sell them in bulk?

Perhaps I'm making a bit of an assumption, but I think you squeeze them from the sides? Doing that should at least widen the seam enough to pry them all the way open. I'm certain I had a bunch of these as a kid and I know for sure you can open them again-- it just might be more difficult to do with the little heart ones and the double-sided flowers. The mechanism is very similar, but on these snaps the part the peg fits into has that plus shaped hole that allows the peg to pop in or out. I put bracelets on patients daily and the pieces I've observed are not quite the same.

You can slide them out of hair, but I wouldn't recommend it. Usually, that ends in tears

Regardless, I don't mind being the guinea pig for these

sinclair

Be sure to post photos and a review when you get them. If they work well, my little Yumi would probably be getting some. Glow in the dark would be awesome.

samseramsamsam

Usually, as they are "snaps", they can also "unsnap" again similar to... a locket, maybe? With patience, you can e.g. use your fingernail to snap this kind open again. However, with some, the mechanism will tire soon and they won't hold as fast after multiple uses.