Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

archeotech

I am bouncing off the wall right now, I was praying that they'd 2B at some point, can't believe they're doing 9S as well, I'm soooo happy!

Nier Automata is one of the best games I've played in literal decades, so happy it's getting recognition!

AyaToyBox

Even before seeing her, i already worry about the stains from face to the feet

that's about The her as character of course, I hope the Head really pretty so we less worry of her as 2B

Youpla

wow !! So cool !!!!

Kumi

Cool, yes.

I was thinking thay maybe Danny will have NieR characters, but it's cool anyway.

But again only a DD boy, not a proper man. Well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ie-Aster

!!!!!

I was just thinking about this last night and wondering who would get the license!

I'm super excited good lord if doll-2B has a "realistic-anime" face I'm gonna have to scrounge up the money somehow...

(for a different character, sadly I haven't played Nier Automata as I don't have a system that can run it)

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

chikemuri

I've heard a lot about this character on twitter/etc, I like the design. I look forward to seeing the dress as well~

Yukamina

Wow, that is awesome! and really, when Volks finally made a DD boy, I didn't expect them to make so many more boy DDs, but they're really going for it. I wonder what style of face sculpt they'll go with.

The black outfits terrify me, though.

F-15alice

This is a must get for me......I need to muron my wallet D:

Welcome to my Instagram

7c5ecae5_34a2_4fec_a96f_db8c1b0054bb_by_saturnspace-dbd5hjw.jpg

Lunami Faceup for DD X3

Beani

Ever since I booted up Automata I hoped for this moment.

If they are lottery it will be a bloodbath. How likely is it they could be the next preorder?

Monty

Wow, I can't help but wonder how Danny Choo feels about this. He really was hinting pretty hard that he wanted to make Nier Automata dolls and I was wondering if he had the license already. If he did, it'll be interesting to compare them.

It's definitely unexpected but I'm really excited to see these. I haven't played the game but after all I've heard I was planning to get a PS4 with my next pay (so I can play persona5 too). The staining gives me concern, especially because it's likely theyll be semiwhite or even white I assume?

archeotech

There was always a chance they would do this after this music video was made using many volks dolls and most importantly the finally scene. Kinda hard to watch though for us doll collectors ^^;

Bear in mind the music in the game is much better and probably one of the best soundtracks for a game ever. Even if not interested in games would recommend looking up the soundtrack. Mostly sung by an English girl in a language she made up based on other languages and it's really beautiful.

They'll probably line the inside of the outfit me thinks or at least some of it.

Also with the release of the DDP and new frame they'll probably be releasing the DDIV body in the next year or so.... Ideally I'd see her with a one piece torso (and maybe a redesigned rounder bum). lol

9-S will be extremely popular especially as he's voiced by Natsuki Hanae. They're using a man body with Kirito so they'll probably use it again in the next year.

Kumi

I think SW at best, maybe even NS. She's not that pale.

The outfit will be a stain monster for sure, but I'm more interested in her face sculpt.

sinclair

Wouldn't 9S be better as a DDS-Boy? he is shorter than her after all. I wonder if they'll use a L bust or a DDdy body for 2B. All I know is when I saw this on Facebook this morning I know I was in deep trouble. My wife (And Yaya.) is going to kill me for wanting another doll.

archeotech
Wouldn't 9S be better as a DDS-Boy? he is shorter than her after all. I wonder if they'll use a L bust or a DDdy body for 2B. All I know is when I saw this on Facebook this morning I know I was in deep trouble. My wife (And Yaya.) is going to kill me for wanting another doll.

I think they are going to use a DDs boy? o.o Would be weird if they didn't.

And she'll defiantly be a DD Medium chest. No way will she be a DDdy or very unlikely anyway.

Skin tone I'd say normal or SW.

Lore

Oh I hope this is a preorder and not lottery. Especially after the upset about the new payment system change for Volks International.

Is there really a new DDIV body going to be released? Where was the news on that as if that's the case I'll be selling my DDIII! LOL

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

Ie-Aster
Wow, I can't help but wonder how Danny Choo feels about this. He really was hinting pretty hard that he wanted to make Nier Automata dolls and I was wondering if he had the license already. If he did, it'll be interesting to compare them.

It's definitely unexpected but I'm really excited to see these.

That's sort of what I was wondering about last night--whether it'd be he or Volks who got the license. I remember that he posted a prototype head that looked like it was 3D printed in skintone (not grey), which earlier he'd said is the type of prototype he submitted to license holders. This is pure speculation, but perhaps he submitted it to Square Enix after they had already made negotiations with Volks. I know the Square Enix cafe had someone's custom 2B DD on display at one point so perhaps that influenced their decision/desire to go with Volks.

It would be interesting if they both got the license though...I guess that's happened before with both Azone and Volks making Sabers and Asunas, though I don't know what it'd do from a sales standpoint.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

redxmaverick

Forget about Kirito and elf Asuna.

All aboard the Nier Automata train!

Lore
Forget about Kirito and elf Asuna.

All aboard the Nier Automata train!

I was thinking the same thing! Altho I'm still waiting to see how Emilia turns out too.

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

Nikn

O god, I hope this is a pre-order! It'll be crazy to get one of this with the new system and the love the japanese have for the character.

The only bad thing is that DD booty is not good enough to be 2B's booty e____________e

Gunter

Due to life changing (moving, surgeries, fun stuff) I've had to pretty much drop this size of doll because of their price, but....but....If they do a 2B and she's amazing then, maybe I'll make an exception for her. I just wanna display her as is. I really like the character. A doll every once and a while is still possible.

Though my next question would be when do we get 9S? With the new DD boy body that'd actually fit him structurally fairly well as he's a slim dude.

Also pictures, please. I need to see her face. If the eyes are bad I don't even care cause they'll be covered literally 24/7. I'd only care if I wanted to convert her into A2 which I would not want to.

Kumi

For 9S Volks probably will use the existing DD boy (or even DDS boy) body, nothing new, I think.

And for the pictures we will have to wait... well, in case of SAO it was like a month between the news and the first actual pictures. Might be similar.

K-2

It all depends on what the language of Volks' license says, whether they have the exclusive rights to manufacture Nier Automata dolls. Remember Azone made a 50cm Saber in the full armor outfit at the same time as Volks and Volks' Dragon Destiny Kanu came after the Yamato VMF50 versions.

MVSig.jpg

Poofiemus

It all depends on what the language of Volks' license says, whether they have the exclusive rights to manufacture Nier Automata dolls. Remember Azone made a 50cm Saber in the full armor outfit at the same time as Volks and Volks' Dragon Destiny Kanu came after the Yamato VMF50 versions.

Not to mention, Volks did Strikers-version Nanoha and Fate, and then Azone did Movie 1st-version Nanoha and Fate only about a year and a half after.

Doubled doll licenses may be rarer now than they used to be 5 or so years ago, but they're hardly unheard of.

I have no knowledge of Neir Automata, so my interest will be pretty much solely based on hwo the head mold turns out.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.