Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Doll Point ‘Build-a-DD’: Dream Choice!

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Mandie said:

But this is the darker beige cap on the wig.

Now I gotta check mine… I thought they would be safe if the cap was beige, but nothing is sacred it seems!

• Like 1

moerunamida
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Now I gotta check mine… I thought they would be safe if the cap was beige, but nothing is sacred it seems!

Wishing you luck! Maybe my girl was too pale. She's a Serra Icon, so maybe she was at risk from that. I hope yours is okay!

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

pyoko

Probably a stupid question, but does it help against stains to wash wigs prior to use? 

Everyone advises pre-washing of clothes but I never heard anyone suggest it for wigs 🤔

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, Mandie said:

But this is the darker beige cap on the wig.

10 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I thought they would be safe if the cap was beige, but nothing is sacred it seems!

8 hours ago, Mandie said:

She's a Serra Icon, so maybe she was at risk from that.

It’s not a question of what color the cap is, it’s a question of is the cap dyed? All dyed items can potentially stain the vinyl, but the light beige caps are, as far as I know, undyed and the color of the cap is the natural color of undyed linen (flax). If they darken or lighten it with dye, then it can stain no matter what color it is.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Lynn
1 hour ago, pyoko said:

Probably a stupid question, but does it help against stains to wash wigs prior to use? 

Everyone advises pre-washing of clothes but I never heard anyone suggest it for wigs 🤔

I can't answer this for certain, but I have this one really pretty black wig with black wig cap that came with my obitsu 50 girl from Mandarake. I knew it stained, because Mandarake made it absolutely clear with their pictures. It had stained the head so badly, that I was certain it would never be cleaned. (Ten points to Volks' Dream Rescue for taking care of the stains completely!) However, I thougth that if I wash the wig and give it to my resin girl, it would be safe. Well, nope. For starters, it never gave away any color. The washing water was crystal clear. And secondly, it stained my resin girl afterwards like there's no tomorrow. 😑 So, sadly, I wouldn't trust that the wig is safe even after washing it. 

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, Lynn said:

And secondly, it stained my resin girl afterwards like there's no tomorrow.

Did you try magic eraser on the resin? Resin can certainly stain and blacks can be the worst, but it can also pickup color on the surface that cleans off with magic eraser or that Volks Pikatto Kirei sponge. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Lynn
33 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Did you try magic eraser on the resin? Resin can certainly stain and blacks can be the worst, but it can also pickup color on the surface that cleans off with magic eraser or that Volks Pikatto Kirei sponge. 

I sanded the stains away with sanding paper (microfine, I think it was?). It was so easy to clean, since the color was in the surface. She is as good new again! 😃

• Like 1

OccultBeast
50 minutes ago, Lynn said:

However, I thougth that if I wash the wig and give it to my resin girl, it would be safe. Well, nope. For starters, it never gave away any color. The washing water was crystal clear. And secondly, it stained my resin girl afterwards like there's no tomorrow. 😑 So, sadly, I wouldn't trust that the wig is safe even after washing it. 

I don't know why, but this also reminded me of horror stories from resin BJD owners finding that a wig still stained their doll even when using a silicone wig cap.  Apparently the dye gets drawn in to the silicone, and eventually comes through the other side and stains the doll anyway.

Also, though it's usually the wig cap that stains, I currently own a royal blue wig whos fibers are able to cause staining.  That was truly a great discovery, I'm just so thrilled about it...!  (ಥ_ಥ )

moerunamida
1 minute ago, OccultBeast said:

I don't know why, but this also reminded me of horror stories from resin BJD owners finding that a wig still stained their doll even when using a silicone wig cap.  Apparently the dye gets drawn in to the silicone, and eventually comes through the other side and stains the doll anyway.

Also, though it's usually the wig cap that stains, I currently own a royal blue wig whos fibers are able to cause staining.  That was truly a great discovery, I'm just so thrilled about it...!  (ಥ_ಥ )

I've seen vinyl girls stain using that silicone cap. I don't think I'd ever use one. If the wig was too big, I'd double up on cloth caps likely.

OccultBeast
3 minutes ago, Mandie said:

I've seen vinyl girls stain using that silicone cap. I don't think I'd ever use one. If the wig was too big, I'd double up on cloth caps likely.

Yes, I refuse to trust a silicone cap as a stain-blocking cap.  They're perfect for a slippery wig or slippery cloth wig cap, but that's about it for me.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Mandie said:

I've seen vinyl girls stain using that silicone cap.

2 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Yes, I refuse to trust a silicone cap as a stain-blocking cap.

Yes, silicone caps can speed staining, but you can double up with a cloth cap. Dyes can bleed through cloth caps, so it’s a good idea to check for dark spots and wash the cap if needed. 

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say you can double up a silicone cap and a cloth cap. 

• Thanks 2

moerunamida
7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say you can double up a silicone cap and a cloth cap. 

Ah, that makes sense! I'll remember that, thank you!

pyoko
On 2/1/2022 at 7:09 PM, Lynn said:

I can't answer this for certain, but I have this one really pretty black wig with black wig cap that came with my obitsu 50 girl from Mandarake. I knew it stained, because Mandarake made it absolutely clear with their pictures. It had stained the head so badly, that I was certain it would never be cleaned. (Ten points to Volks' Dream Rescue for taking care of the stains completely!) However, I thougth that if I wash the wig and give it to my resin girl, it would be safe. Well, nope. For starters, it never gave away any color. The washing water was crystal clear. And secondly, it stained my resin girl afterwards like there's no tomorrow. 😑 So, sadly, I wouldn't trust that the wig is safe even after washing it. 

That's good to know. Too bad washing doesn't help much 

pyoko

Does anyone have their DCH 21 head on a dollfie dream pretty body and can share a picture? (prefered naked to see proportions) 

I am trying to choose between putting it on mdd and ddp body. 

How big is the head in comparison to let's say ddh 10? I have a ddh 10 on an mdd body and actually find it kind of too big🙈

Edited by pyoko

pyoko

Has anyone seen comparison pictures of the elf ear choices for ddh 21? (where you can see the ears on a Doll) 

I have a hard time choosing 😅

Edited by pyoko

Subaru
On 4/25/2022 at 7:03 AM, pyoko said:

Has anyone seen comparison pictures of the elf ear choices for ddh 21? (where you can see the ears on a Doll) 

I have a hard time choosing 😅

I dont have the newer magnetic ears but I have the ones that stick on the ears.

ear comparison.jpg

• Thanks 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

pyoko
2 hours ago, Subaru said:

I dont have the newer magnetic ears but I have the ones that stick on the ears.

ear comparison.jpg

I love her wig 😍

Yes, I did mean the stick on ears that are especially available for that head. 

These are - I guess-the middle lenght and shortest ears? 

Edited by pyoko

Subaru
3 hours ago, pyoko said:

I love her wig 😍

Yes, I did mean the stick on ears that are especially available for that head. 

These are - I guess-the middle lenght and shortest ears? 

I can't find the certificate for my dream choice, but I think its...

<-DD-EA-03----DD-EA-01->

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy