Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Doll Point ‘Build-a-DD’: Dream Choice!

Monty

At last, something similar to the SuperDollfie full choice system but for DDs was announced in the new Volks news. Not only can you get the tan skin through it, there are 3 new heads (two of which are alternate DDH01s, one with a flat mouth and one with an open mouth)

Absolutely awesome news.

Like with SDs it's likely only available in Japan, from Akiba DollPoint specifically, but it's definitely made it easier to get hold of these parts.

My copy of volks news should be waiting for me when I get home unless it's late so I'll add more info once I can actually see all the text.

Edit: from the price list, boys and DDP aren't available yet. Hopefully in future.

Edited by Monty

Mimiyo3

Oh man I hope it comes to US... That's so cool!

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Poofiemus

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Please, Torino, give us ALL THE DEETS

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

CeliathePikachu
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Please, Torino, give us ALL THE DEETS

AGREED, I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING​

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

nanika

From the photos of the Volks News, I see on the Dream Choice, depending upon the season, the choices for skin colors change.

But it's only 2 "seasons":

April-September: Normal & Tan

October-March: Normal & Semi-white

Shailara

I hope they someday bring it to int, although I know it's unlikely since they dislike catering to the rest of the world... U_U

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Monty
I hope they someday bring it to int, although I know it's unlikely since they dislike catering to the rest of the world... U_U

DollPoint is supposed to be special, a Mecca for DD fans. That's why it has these exclusive things. They seem to be trying to make it more like the DD equivalent to Tenshi no Sato (although, Sato exclusive sculpts aside, Volks full choice for SDs is available at all the stores that sell SDs). Since they do online FCS for volksusa sometimes I'd advise people going to LA Dolpa to ask about this.

Anyway my Volks News isn't here but I did find a new scan that doesn't cut off the most important info:

The dolls are assembled by the staff for you right there, so you can pick them up the same day you order. This is VERY different to SD FCS, which takes two months.

I'm a bit confused by this because with all the options, it means they'd have to either have everything in stock at once or only allow a certain selection at certain times (unless you can choose if you want what's available or can wait a little longer for something more specific) for example, it mentions that you can choose faceup variations on the same head sculpt, would they have a bunch of versions of the same head right there?

If anyone can help me understand the order period dates in the second pic of that link too (in the black box) I'd appreciate it because I'm kinda stuck on what that's referring to. That makes it sound like you have to reserve in advance with different dates for store and phone orders. Unless there's an orderable version -and- a build-a-d'coord version? Or is it to reserve a spot because they're assuming the store will get swamped when they start this up?

sinclair

I love that new 14 head. I want to see it in the brown skin. The 06 doesn't look bad dark, but also doesn't seem quite right either, perhaps that's just because I was planning on getting one in NS. But this is awesome news. I hope it comes state side somehow.

Yukamina

That's cool that they released DD01 with different mouths. Saves modders a lot of time. I had wanted to mod another 01 in the past, but I didn't want to risk damaging the head (also feeling lazy lol).

It's hard to tell, but are DDh-14 and Karin the same sculpt?

Monty
That's cool that they released DD01 with different mouths. Saves modders a lot of time. I had wanted to mod another 01 in the past, but I didn't want to risk damaging the head (also feeling lazy lol).

It's hard to tell, but are DDh-14 and Karin the same sculpt?

No, Karin is her own sculpt. Her eyes are much more angular too imo.

By the way, since these heads are referred to as DCH-*number* (ie DreamChoiceHead) as opposed to DDH*number*, I'm assuming they're only available through this system and not any other way. Not yet, anyway.

Personally I wish there was a DDH01 that looked more like the modded ones except with sculpted lips and bigger eyes. And a more mature head than 7. Every time they add a new head I hope it's a more mature head than 7 (something more like Sheryl) but still waiting ;_;

Shailara

DollPoint is supposed to be special, a Mecca for DD fans. That's why it has these exclusive things. They seem to be trying to make it more like the DD equivalent to Tenshi no Sato (although, Sato exclusive sculpts aside, Volks full choice for SDs is available at all the stores that sell SDs). Since they do online FCS for volksusa sometimes I'd advise people going to LA Dolpa to ask about this.

Anyway my Volks News isn't here but I did find a new scan that doesn't cut off the most important info:

The dolls are assembled by the staff for you right there, so you can pick them up the same day you order. This is VERY different to SD FCS, which takes two months.

I'm a bit confused by this because with all the options, it means they'd have to either have everything in stock at once or only allow a certain selection at certain times (unless you can choose if you want what's available or can wait a little longer for something more specific) for example, it mentions that you can choose faceup variations on the same head sculpt, would they have a bunch of versions of the same head right there?

If anyone can help me understand the order period dates in the second pic of that link too (in the black box) I'd appreciate it because I'm kinda stuck on what that's referring to. That makes it sound like you have to reserve in advance with different dates for store and phone orders. Unless there's an orderable version -and- a build-a-d'coord version? Or is it to reserve a spot because they're assuming the store will get swamped when they start this up?

Oh yes, I realise this. But they -did- bring online FCS through Volks USA only, so I don't see it as completely unlikely that they won't bring this someday to the Volks USA also... and as always, I'm bitter over this AHAH

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

SakuraSylph

Based on the three scanned pages linked earlier in this thread, we know the following:

*Dream Choice will be a new service, offered for now at Dollpoint Akihabara (Radio Kaikan) only. It will commence when the renovations to Dollpoint are complete on 02 July 2017.

*You can pick from any of the DD heads 1-14, including #12,13,14 which are DC exclusive for the time being. #12 and #13 are modded Head-01s, with a flat painted mouth and an open mouth respectively.

*All Dream Choice dolls come with a faceup (no blanks), and you can choose from some variations on how the makeup will look. {it is not clear yet whether it will be multiple pre-done faceups per head or they'll paint your choice for you in-store after ordering; further details to come later I suspect}.

*You can pick MDD, DDS, DD3, or DDDy. Body can be customized with the bust and hand parts of your choice at the Self-Care Desk {info on non-scanned p16}. This MAY include the boy parts, as it is neither confirmed nor denied in the text. Pricing is based solely on body type, from 53000 yen to 58000 yen.

*Skin color choices will vary depending on the season. Normal will always be available, but the second option will be either tan skin (Apr-Sept) or semi-white (Oct-Mar).

*Wig will be your choice from one of the Dollpoint Limited anime-style Dream Wigs. Plus, DreamChoice-exclusive additional wig styles not regularly sold in Dollpoint will be available {no further details}.

*Animetic Eyes will include D'Coord/DreamChoice limited styles and colors, as well as presumably the standard ones also. The flash washed out most of the eye info in the scans, but it looks like they'll be mounted in the head with a new Dream Fitter device rather than hotglue.

*Appointments to place a Dream Choice Order must typically be scheduled in advance, presumably to make sure each customer can be served properly. Timeslots are available from the 1st of the current month through the end of the end of the following month. Slots from 7/2-7/31 must be reserved in-store, but slots from 8/1 and onwards can be reserved either in-store or by calling Dollpoint at the phone number provided. Of course, if there happens to be a free spot on the day you go to Dollpoint, you can order that day even if you didn't make an appointment. Torino - this is what it was talking about in the black box you asked about.

*Delivery of the Dream Choice doll can be same-day as the order. I presume this will be so as long as the products you want are in stock; no info provided yet on what happens if you pick something out of stock.

*DreamChoice set contents: chosen head, chosen body, animetic eyes, Dream Fitter, chosen wig, slip dress, panties.

As the 7/2 opening date approaches, we'll probably hear more specifics. It sounds like someone could do DreamChoice on a trip to Japan, unlike the SD FCS which would take too long to be finished on a trip.

SakuraSylph

Daisy-chan
*You can pick from any of the DD heads 1-14, including #12,13,14 which are DC exclusive for the time being. #12 and #13 are modded Head-01s, with a flat painted mouth and an open mouth respectively.

1-14? I know 12,13, and 14 are new, but is there a DDH11? Did I miss something?

SakuraSylph

No - my fault - just my shorthand way of saying "all the regular heads, all the Dollpoint heads, and the new three just introduced". I forgot there wasn't an 11 in there - at least that we know about yet! (even though that implies the existence of one...)

SakuraSylph

Beani

No - my fault - just my shorthand way of saying "all the regular heads, all the Dollpoint heads, and the new three just introduced". I forgot there wasn't an 11 in there - at least that we know about yet! (even though that implies the existence of one...)

DDH-11 is mentioned in the details for the Dollpoint opening Fair. If no one can find a scan of those pages I can try to get a pic.

sinclair
Based on the three scanned pages linked earlier in this thread, we know the following:

*Dream Choice will be a new service, offered for now at Dollpoint Akihabara (Radio Kaikan) only. It will commence when the renovations to Dollpoint are complete on 02 July 2017.

*All Dream Choice dolls come with a faceup (no blanks), and you can choose from some variations on how the makeup will look. {it is not clear yet whether it will be multiple pre-done faceups per head or they'll paint your choice for you in-store after ordering; further details to come later I suspect}.

*You can pick MDD, DDS, DD3, or DDDy. Body can be customized with the bust and hand parts of your choice at the Self-Care Desk {info on non-scanned p16}. This MAY include the boy parts, as it is neither confirmed nor denied in the text. Pricing is based solely on body type, from 53000 yen to 58000 yen.

*Skin color choices will vary depending on the season. Normal will always be available, but the second option will be either tan skin (Apr-Sept) or semi-white (Oct-Mar).

*Wig will be your choice from one of the Dollpoint Limited anime-style Dream Wigs. Plus, DreamChoice-exclusive additional wig styles not regularly sold in Dollpoint will be available {no further details}.

*Animetic Eyes will include D'Coord/DreamChoice limited styles and colors, as well as presumably the standard ones also. The flash washed out most of the eye info in the scans, but it looks like they'll be mounted in the head with a new Dream Fitter device rather than hotglue.

*Appointments to place a Dream Choice Order must typically be scheduled in advance, presumably to make sure each customer can be served properly. Timeslots are available from the 1st of the current month through the end of the end of the following month. Slots from 7/2-7/31 must be reserved in-store, but slots from 8/1 and onwards can be reserved either in-store or by calling Dollpoint at the phone number provided. Of course, if there happens to be a free spot on the day you go to Dollpoint, you can order that day even if you didn't make an appointment. Torino - this is what it was talking about in the black box you asked about.

*Delivery of the Dream Choice doll can be same-day as the order. I presume this will be so as long as the products you want are in stock; no info provided yet on what happens if you pick something out of stock.

*DreamChoice set contents: chosen head, chosen body, animetic eyes, Dream Fitter, chosen wig, slip dress, panties.

As the 7/2 opening date approaches, we'll probably hear more specifics. It sounds like someone could do DreamChoice on a trip to Japan, unlike the SD FCS which would take too long to be finished on a trip.

So no outfits, but I could get a tan 14 head? I might have to figure out how to get there.

SakuraSylph
So no outfits, but I could get a tan 14 head? I might have to figure out how to get there.

Since you'll be at Dollpoint already, one could just pick up a new outfit while in the store of course. But yeah, no new omukae outfit like there is (as optional) in SD FCS.

SakuraSylph

CeliathePikachu

Thanks for the translation!

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Galvatim

This is awesome. I'm totally getting a tan Aoi. The only way this could get better would be US availability or if Volks offered the Natsuki headsculpt.

• Like 1

Monty

Thanks SakuraSylph!

I'm very interested in this 'dream fitter' device. Is it like an official version of the 'eye mover'? I wonder if they'll sell that separately if it is.

I had the same thought that this could likely be done by people visiting Japan, unlike FCS which requires proof of residency.

baldylox
This is awesome. I'm totally getting a tan Aoi.

But I thought they were doing away with all the old character girls? Isn't all this new stuff centered around the new releases? Or am I missing something?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Poofiemus

But I thought they were doing away with all the old character girls? Isn't all this new stuff centered around the new releases? Or am I missing something?

Billy

The full range of standard heads is available, so it should be possible to get a tan DDIII with the 02/Aoi head and an L bust, and then just pick the poutiest faceup they have there for maximum Aoi parallel. The exact Aoi faceup probably won't be available, but I'd bet money they'll have a variant that's reasonably close.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Kalle

This is really promising, and I love the look of the tan skin and the 14 head, but the exclusivity and price are a bit of a stumbling block for me and my wallet. I just hope these bodies won't be price gouged to hell and back when they finally start showing up on resale.

LAOiCdW.gif

sinclair

I wonder how'd they feel about the same person going in to buy dolls every couple weeks? As in someone there in Japan goes and buys one for those of us that don't live there. The hard part would be to pick the faceup. International texting isn't cheap, is it?

Galvatim

Billy

The full range of standard heads is available, so it should be possible to get a tan DDIII with the 02/Aoi head and an L bust, and then just pick the poutiest faceup they have there for maximum Aoi parallel. The exact Aoi faceup probably won't be available, but I'd bet money they'll have a variant that's reasonably close.

Yeah, I don't expect Volks to offer the exact Aoi face-up as an option, but I bet there will be something close. Too bad it looks like the single piece torso isn't an option.