Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Doll Point ‘Build-a-DD’: Dream Choice!

Priss_Asagiri

How many great news! Dolls with dark skin, I can not wait for you !!! But again in Doll Point, and therefore past me ....

Shailara
How many great news! Dolls with dark skin, I can not wait for you !!! But again in Doll Point, and therefore past me ....

I know there are services that will go buy from physical stores if there's something you can't find online... I don't know if that would be possible, but maybe?

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Poofiemus

I'm curious if it would be possible to go to Dream Choice and get a doll *blank*, because not gonna lie, I really like doing faceups and I know I'm not the only one.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

SakuraSylph
I'm curious if it would be possible to go to Dream Choice and get a doll *blank*, because not gonna lie, I really like doing faceups and I know I'm not the only one.

The text says that all DC dolls come with a faceup, which implies there is not a blank option to start out with. What's not clear yet is whether they will stock 84 varieties of head+makeup, or whether it will be painted for you in the store depending on what you chose as part of the order. So we don't know if you could choose to have the staff just paint nothing on it, even if it wasn't an official option.

SakuraSylph

Poofiemus

The text says that all DC dolls come with a faceup, which implies there is not a blank option to start out with. What's not clear yet is whether they will stock 84 varieties of head+makeup, or whether it will be painted for you in the store depending on what you chose as part of the order. So we don't know if you could choose to have the staff just paint nothing on it, even if it wasn't an official option.

Hm. . . yeah, it's a great big question mark right now. I guess we'll probably have to wait for Doll Point to re-open and to get some on-the-ground reports from people who get it done.

Maybe it'll be 2-3 faceup variants on hand, while you can choose to wait for something more customized a-la FCS?? Regardless, that's hardly going to stop people from wiping a default if they'd rather do it themselves.

uchan

Thank you so much for translating and providing all these valuable infos about the new Full Choice System! I fell in love with Towa and I would really like to get her in tan skin one day. Now that I know when they'll offer tan skin option, I can save up till next year's period and maybe pick her up during my trip to Japan *___*

Monty
Thank you so much for translating and providing all these valuable infos about the new Full Choice System! I fell in love with Towa and I would really like to get her in tan skin one day. Now that I know when they'll offer tan skin option, I can save up till next year's period and maybe pick her up during my trip to Japan *___*

I don't think any of the new standard sculpts will be available in Dream Choice though...? Towa is a new sculpt so I don't think it'll be possible to get her in tan. There's a possibility they'll add them - after all you can get the standard super dollfies through the SD full choice system, but it doesn't confirm anywhere that this will be possible for the new DDs yet, especially because they seem to be pushing them as their own characters. As far as I can tell they're only offering the numbered head sculpts plus the three new ones exclusive to this system. (which are DDH14 and the 2 DDH01 variants, not the new standards).

Edited by Guest

Amara77

Oh yeah haha I'm not above it, I've wiped many a face up.

If its the only way to get the head you want so be it! Tan 07 come to me!!!!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Monty

Some more info from today.

https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12287216656.html

Most of it is stuff we already know but there's one thing that's kinda disappointing to me. When it goes through the types of bodies possible, it lists their bust sizes (the same size they come with as a default when you buy just a body normally). This implies that you cant actually choose the bust size.

I get that it makes things faster if they can just grab a body and whack on a head, but the fact that these cost as much as a D'Coord despite not coming with a full outfit and shoes seems a bit weird when the level of customisation isn't as high as with the SD full choice. I had assumed the high price was just because of the level of customisation offered, but if it's just a cute girl you want as opposed to something more specific (or DCH1/DCH13/DC14) a D'Coord is still far and away the better value imo.

Anyway maybe I just need to see more pics of her from different angles but...I don't really 'get' DDH14? She doesn't really look very interesting to me. I wouldn't have even known she was a new sculpt without it saying so, she just looks so generic. I'd like to see that head blank. (Mostly I'm just kinda bitter that we get such a samey looking head instead of a bigger-eyed DDH01 lookalike or a more-mature-than-07 lol)

Anyway they've also got closeup pics of 3 examples of faceup variation on ddh06, as well as confirmation that all the numbered heads except DDH11 (;_;) and plus the 3 Dreamchoice exclusive heads, are available. (so no, none of the new standard girls, although I didn't expect them anyway)

More info on the 'dream fitter' will be out tomorrow apparently.

sinclair

They had a DDS "sticker" on the DDIII body as they listed measurements. As for the 14 head, I love it. But then I'm not interested in a more mature looking girl, I like sweet and cute. I want her in tan skin. Side note, I want that ponytail wig they have on her for my Miku! Come on Volks, sell more colorful anime wigs already. I want red too! Anywho, as for the 3 styles of 06 faceups, I love the 1st one best. The other two really don't do anything for me.

Suzuna

Holy crap, she's basically identical save for the updated version having a lighter brown outline around the main lashes! On the one hand, I'm a little relieved since that means I can hopefully replace my girl for cheap if she ever gets damaged. On the other... I want the updated version for free!!

Oni-Chan

34743949414_78299c123c.jpgMalibu stacy by Shoujo Magic, on Flickr

Heh heh.

It's a good opportunity for people to get the 2011* faceup for retail but on the other hand i feel sorry for those who had to fight/fork out for it thinking it was limited :/

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Monty

I...dont see what the issue is?? That's a pretty regular D'Coord face and there's only so many variations you can do with a DDH06 anyway. (In fact I'm 99% sure that's the same face the tan 06 D'Coord I nearly bought last December had) I'd be more annoyed if they -didnt- use the makeup from past limited heads.

(Besides, both Dream Choice and D'Coord are...still pretty limited lol, technically more limited than the 2011 head was.)

Anyway, the Dream Fitter turns out to be an incredibly high-tech device which...lol jk its a piece of foam with some plastic things https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12287237040.html

But a smart idea to do instead of a glue gun (which would take a lot of time to dry and be inconvenient for this kind of service) I guess - and you can always use your own putty or whatever if you dont like it. I was hoping it would be something that would let you move the eyes without taking off the headcap though like the third party Eye Movers out there but ah well.

Oni-Chan
I...dont see what the issue is?? That's a pretty regular D'Coord face and there's only so many variations you can do with a DDH06 anyway.

Anyway, the Dream Fitter turns out to be an incredibly high-tech device which...lol jk its a piece of foam with some plastic things https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12287237040.html

Im not saying theres an issue, just pointing out the similarities ^×^

And wow, the eye fitter is simple but pretty cool in my opinion. It erases the need for putty and looks like making eye changes easier

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

sinclair

What can I say, I like simple and clean, and those 06 shots you posted are what I like.

As for the eye system, you just shove her head full of foam and are good to go? It should be simple to move the eyes with that too I would think. When will they sell it separate so I can get some for my girls I already have? And I never thought of hot glue taking long to dry, would this really be that much faster? Perhaps this is safer for employees as they can't burn their fingers this way.

Poofiemus

That one 06 variant is definitely based on the 2011 version, which I'm pretty sure was the most popular prepainted 06. But the other two 06 variants are pretty different from it, so that helps offset the very safe choice of having the rehashed 2011 as one of the options.

Lol wow the dream fitter looks so much . . . jankier than Volks News' metallic render. Makes me think I should just go buy some sponges from the dollar store and do my own.

sinclair

I thought about that, getting my own sponges, but then we'd be missing the secret plastic part that goes on the back of the eye that helps keep it where you want it.

Poofiemus

My girls all have custom eyes, which don't have that little peg in the middle of the back Volks eyes do, so the plastic piece wouldn't actually do me any good anyway.

Jezrah

Hmmmm, I think I may have the full backs from a couple of older sets if Volks eyes around, wonder if that would work....

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Keijogirl

So.... are there going to be Tan DDy parts too ?

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Monty
So.... are there going to be Tan DDy parts too ?

There already was, tan 06 DDdy was one of the first of the two configurations offered as a D'Coord (the other being 09 DD with L bust, which is what I got)

Keijogirl

There already was, tan 06 DDdy was one of the first of the two configurations offered as a D'Coord (the other being 09 DD with L bust, which is what I got)

Soooo do you have a spare room, Torino? I might need to borrow it for a quick minute. J/k

That is amazing news for me, seriously! I do want to visit Japan eventually so its awesome that i may be able to get one of my dd life goals while i am there!

Either that or I may be able to scour Y!JA for pieces in a few months or get one on my trip! Thank you for letting me know! X3

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Poofiemus

There have been FCS ordering services/proxies for a long time, so I'm betting some of them will pick up Dream Choice once there have been a few people to do some recon and get the nitty-gritty of how it works.

Bellatrix

I have to digure out carefully hiw the systrm works, and how much would it be to get a non painted tan head+body. This would serve amazingly as a base ti do my dream project - Nadia (Blue Water) DD! Or maybe dds..?

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩