Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Doll Point ‘Build-a-DD’: Dream Choice!

Monty

Just gonna post this here cos DCH14 doesn't has its own news thread, but here's the first time I've seen one with a non-default faceup.

DMAYIf5VQAEFROd.jpg

Kinda strikes me as a cross between 06 and 09. But to be honest...I wouldn't have known this was 14 if the text didnt say so, I would have assumed 9. The main difference seems to be the little dip in the mouth (maybe its just this photo, but the dip seems more pronounced in the default faceup, like on asianed's new girl)

I havent seen one in person so I'm wondering what the size comparison is like between 14, 6 and 9.

• Like 1

asianed

Hm, the only standard head I have is an 02. I could probably do some comparisons between those and some other character heads if people would like.

Nehelenia

Is DCH14 the only available head in tan?

Shailara

I'm guessing not, but the people who have bought it so far have opted for tan because it's a seasonal color and it just came out which makes it the new fancy thing to get. But I could be wrong, this is just a guess.

Also considering they've shown her in NS (https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12287216656.html), I'm guessing she is available in at least NS also. Again, guesses.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Monty

I've seen normal-skin versions of her floating around on twitter too. We'll probably start seeing semi-white ones now that its in season.

edit: i misunderstood the question, thought you were asking if 14 was only available in tan. The first tan girls were actually 6 and 9.

Edited by Guest

asianed

Nope, all of the heads are available in any skin tone. I suppose the theory of having the limited edition head in the limited seasonal color probably holds water... it's what I chose to do (though I legitimately liked the head too!)

Nehelenia

Nope, all of the heads are available in any skin tone. I suppose the theory of having the limited edition head in the limited seasonal color probably holds water... it's what I chose to do (though I legitimately liked the head too!)

Thanks for answering. It's so cool you can have any of the standard heads in tan

If I ever be lucky enough to travel to Japan I will most definitely make a tan girl with Dream Choice ^^

Mario

I'll be heading to Japan hopefully in summer of 2018. I will pick up one of these tan cuties while I'm there.

Although I am curious? Do they have the option to purchase different hand parts for tan yet or is it only the standard open hand type?

Sayuri

I buy the DDh14 in tan skin to my friend !

I really your the custom one *o* Now I have to find an artist for do the make up !

I just see, Volks propose 1 or 3 differents make up for each head in doll choice ... for the ddh14 they only one make up available, I hope they do more face up in the futur

[EDIT] I hope they propose the DD Pretty body too with the doll choice !

Monty
I'll be heading to Japan hopefully in summer of 2018. I will pick up one of these tan cuties while I'm there.

Although I am curious? Do they have the option to purchase different hand parts for tan yet or is it only the standard open hand type?

All hand types are available in DD (regular size and deka size) and MDD in tan, but only at Akiba doll point. I've gotten a few for Bri now.

Edit: you can also buy all the bust sizes, including the L flat versions, in tan. But so far only tan hands and busts are sold separate so it is not yet possible to make a tan girl by buying only parts - they are still only available through D'coord (Akiba or Yokohama) and Dream Choice (Akiba only).

Personally waiting for them to make the seamless torso in tan so Bri can look good in bikinis...

Edit 2: I hope for boys and DDP too. Part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up when volks doesn't even sell all the SD types through full choice (which is just as well or I would have bought a million YoSDs and SDCutes by now) but given that they don't sell SD bodies and heads separately anyway, but do for DDs, I'm still hoping all DD bodies will be available in future, even if it's a seasonal thing only.

Mario

All hand types are available in DD (regular size and deka size) and MDD in tan, but only at Akiba doll point. I've gotten a few for Bri now.

Edit: you can also buy all the bust sizes, including the L flat versions, in tan. But so far only tan hands and busts are sold separate so it is not yet possible to make a tan girl by buying only parts - they are still only available through D'coord (Akiba or Yokohama) and Dream Choice (Akiba only).

Personally waiting for them to make the seamless torso in tan so Bri can look good in bikinis...

Edit 2: I hope for boys and DDP too. Part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up when volks doesn't even sell all the SD types through full choice (which is just as well or I would have bought a million YoSDs and SDCutes by now) but given that they don't sell SD bodies and heads separately anyway, but do for DDs, I'm still hoping all DD bodies will be available in future, even if it's a seasonal thing only.

Thanks so much! I'll hopefully pick up every hand part and 2 bust parts after I get my girl made.

I'll be heading to Akiba since I'm going to go through Dream Choice. Maybe you can help me out here a little if I head over there Torino.

I totally agree, if they ever make DD Boys available I would be so happy! But even if they don't that's fine, I can totally understand why they wouldn't stock everything.

asianed

Yes! You can purchase the hands and busts in the brown color. They are on the showroom floor along with the rest of the option parts. Be sure to grab them here, as they aren't available in any other Volks store or online!

I wrote up a separate guide on the process, it's over in the Questions and Answers forum. Hopefully I was thorough enough on the write up. ^^v

Mario

Yes! You can purchase the hands and busts in the brown color. They are on the showroom floor along with the rest of the option parts. Be sure to grab them here, as they aren't available in any other Volks store or online!

I wrote up a separate guide on the process, it's over in the Questions and Answers forum. Hopefully I was thorough enough on the write up. ^^v

I'll have a look. Thanks for the process!

Ekidonia

If you're interested, i have remove volks's make up of my ddh-14 tan.

38180352884_839cf4ed28.jpgDSC_1872 by Mélanie, sur Flickr

• Thanks 1

DD at home : Asuka (Asuka french), Kanae (Yui)

Astraea

@Ekidonia

I absolutely love the cute little dip in her mouth, I wish I could buy one blank.

mizya

Volks has published a video about the Dream Choice ordering process, although it's in Japanese only:

There's also a video tour available of the Doll Point Akihabara store:

The store looks so inviting, I sure hope I get to visit it someday myself. My brother didn't look around much when I sent him to shop some items for me, lol. xD

• Like 1

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

sinclair

Nice videos, but they didn't show all the hair options. Just need that and can finally get a proxy to get me a girl. And with the 2nd video, what did they censor out there near the end? But I'd love to visit that store, it's setup nicely.

Monty
Nice videos, but they didn't show all the hair options. Just need that and can finally get a proxy to get me a girl. And with the 2nd video, what did they censor out there near the end? But I'd love to visit that store, it's setup nicely.

It's not censored, it was just a kinda weird way to show that you were leaving the store. That way leads to the elevator (and the hobby section)

I really like the new aeshetic Volks seems to be using for their stores. I believe the first one that had this kind of ambience with the darker wooden look was the Yokohama store, and Doll Point was kinda modelled on that (but a little fancier), and the new Sendai store that opened recently also has that aesthetic. It makes me wonder if the other smaller stores will eventually get remodeled.

Astraea

Ahhhhh, it's really making me want to go there. I wish it had shown the full array of faceup options for all the heads though, since I'm more interested in the DDH-07, 09, 10, 12, and 13 options than 01, 02, and 03

sinclair
It's not censored, it was just a kinda weird way to show that you were leaving the store.

That is a weird way as it seems to follow whatever was on that table there like it was trying to keep it covered. But I can't read Japanese, so I'll take your word for it.

And I do like that look and feel of the store. I wish there were ones like it here close for me to go to.

Monty
It's not censored, it was just a kinda weird way to show that you were leaving the store.

That is a weird way as it seems to follow whatever was on that table there like it was trying to keep it covered. But I can't read Japanese, so I'll take your word for it.

And I do like that look and feel of the store. I wish there were ones like it here close for me to go to.

Oh I rewatched to see what you meant - I thought you meant the bricks closing at the end. The text hovering on the table is just saying it's the place where all the DD parts are (hands, heads etc), including those exclusive to the store like the brown skin parts, DDH09 (and 10? I forget if she's standard or not now) and the heart hands.. I don't think it's meant to be censoring it, tbh it almost looks like they forgot to do a closeup part to show it in detail and then stuck that in. Either that or naked busts and hands in packages is too scandalous.

mizya

Personally I'm grateful that they showed even this much, because they could also choose not to show anything at all. I was pretty surprised to come across these videos on twitter, but it's great to see that Volks is becoming a bit more open and they're willing to make videos like this so that people who aren't able to physically visit the store, can still get a peek.

But about the wigs, I get that it sucks if you'd want to see the selection so that you could place an order. In the shop tour video, at about

they show a view of the counter where they have Dream Choice heads on display. They have wigs on and some of them are the same style in different colours. I'd guess they're the exclusive wigs you can get through Dream Choice ('cause why else would they model them on the DC heads), so you at least get to see several of the wigs, if that isn't all of them. Would that help you at all?

And yeah, about the text box that covers some of the doll parts, I'm seconding what Torino said: either they didn't think it seems like it's censoring some of the items, or it was deliberately put there to censor boobs or whatever. xD Although, in the Dream Choice video, the shop clerk was holding a packet containing a Brown skin bust piece and they didn't censor that part. His fingers covered most of the boobs, though, so maybe that wasn't an issue? Well, we can only guess. :'3

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

asianed

But about the wigs, I get that it sucks if you'd want to see the selection so that you could place an order. In the shop tour video, at about

they show a view of the counter where they have Dream Choice heads on display. They have wigs on and some of them are the same style in different colours. I'd guess they're the exclusive wigs you can get through Dream Choice ('cause why else would they model them on the DC heads), so you at least get to see several of the wigs, if that isn't all of them. Would that help you at all?

The models on the counter represent at lesat one of each style of wig and one of each color. Some wigs are standard and can be bought anywhere, some wig styles are Akiba DollPoint Exclusive styles, and some colors are Dream Choice exclusive. For example, the wig that now comes on Towa was previously a D'Coord Doll Point exclusive style that you could only buy in the store.

The panning shot would give you a reference to some of the styles/color combinations. For example, at

, it shows you several wig styles from the catalog. All of the styles aren't listed, but you can see that they denote Dream Choice exclusive style/color combinations in the catalog. You also get a look at the T-type Dream Choice exclusive eyes (and their color combinations). From experience, the eye listing is exactly what you get to pick from in the store, so that's the one set that you can be confident and choosing just from the video.

They also only show you 3 of the heads, but the face up options for each head are present. It's pretty small, so it's a little difficult to make out all subtle the differences between them from the video...

Edited by Guest

sinclair

You might want to fix the quoting as I sure didn't say that, mizya did.

I saw the eyes in the video and know I could pick. As for heads, I know which head I want, and it only has one faceup option (Tan DDH14), so that is easy. I also know the hair color I want, just don't know all the hair styles. Do they have twin tails? Some of the dolls they show in DDFCS video show a girl with some, but it didn't look like any of the wigs on the heads on the counter in the video were ones. To me in the video they looked more like just versions of the same basic long hair of different lengths, bangs, and wavy/straight.