Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
NeeP

Fanloids?

NeeP

I don't know how well this comment will be received, or if anyone else has thought about it...

As odd as it sounds, has anyone considered doing up a DD as a Fanloid? I ask as I am in the process of putting together a doll of Kagamine Rinto. I want Len to have a big brother.

Since this is not a 'real' Vocaloid, there are many different interpretations of this particular character. I am doing with a version that I feel is doable for me.

Here is what I got so far:

I got a DDH-09 head that I have sent to someone to be painted in a similar style of the Kagamines.

I have purchased a suitable wig, close in color to Len's.

I have purchased a second 'Len' default outfit, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

I have purchased a yellow guitar, so he can play along with Len.

This is what is remaining:

I am waiting for my Kirito order to arrive, so I can 'borrow' the body. (I got an Obitsu 60cm boy body on the way will can be used by Kirito until I can purchase another boy DD body.)

I need to sew a sleeveless boy's shirt, or get it commissioned. (I am gonna use the rest of the Len outfit for the rest of the outfit.)

Find a pair of Kagamine-like eyes. Either 22mm or 20mm...

Build a strap for the guitar. (I do have the materials, just need to get off my lazy butt, and MAKE it.)

Find some suitable hair-clips.

This is what I am up to to. Any thoughts?

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

NeeP

This is a picture of the DDH-09 head, with a face-up by Yukamina. She lent me her Len's eyes so I can see what they would look like in the head. And he is wearing the wig that I have purchased for this project. I am currently looking into buying a pair of Len eyes of his own right now.

Please excuse my poor cell-phone pics... And my StH obsession...

36134215953_691e7cda36_o.jpgrinto-head-082717 by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

I received an Obitsu 60cm Boy body a couple of days ago, and while I want to put him on the incoming Kirito body, I figured I can use this one for now. I got him in the extra Len outfit, and I have posing next to Len. I like the size difference.

36805094811_93882aa051_b.jpglen-rinto1-083117 by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

And both of them on my work desk, jamming.

36548686110_72828103e3_b.jpglen-rinto2-083117 by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

The hairclips I am using are too big, and I need to make a sleeveless shirt. But it is a start.

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

galatia9

They look very good together!! The 09 head works really well for Len's big brother, I like his faceup.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

NeeP

So, I finally finished Rinto.

http://40499672235_fc4eef58df_z.jpgrinto-041018a by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

He is wearing a Len wig (pigtail removed) and Len eyes. Most of the outfit is just a spare Len outfit, with the barrettes and tie taken from a spare Rin outfit. The shirt was modified to be sleeveless and I have an insert with a treble clef instead to replace the bass one. The guitar came from a Pylon kiosk found in the Calgary Stampede last July.

Here is a close up of the face-up, done by Yukamina...

http://39584214750_1298307541_c.jpgrinto-041118a by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

And here he is with the other two Kagamines...

26522517307_a886114f1f_c.jpgkagamine-041118a by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

I am pretty happy with how he turned out.

My next goal is the other Genderbend, Kagamine Lenka.

So far, I have the following

DDH-09 NS head

Yellow-blond pigtail wig

DD3 NS body.

Kagamine outfit pieces

Kagamine Rin eyes.

Fabric for dress

I have on order the following:

Small and extra-small bust. (I am not sure what size I want...)

A spot for face-up from the same artist.

I hope to have her completed by August.

Edited by Guest

Niki P.

cfx

I'm unfamiliar with the character to comment on the accuracy there, but what I wanted to say is your faceup is just perfect in matching Volks' style for the Vocaloid dolls. There are many talented faceup artists each with their own lovely unique styles, and choosing one who has what you're looking for for a particular project can be a rewarding challenge in itself.

• Like 1

Kotone

They all turned out so quality looking! Great outfits, faceups, the whole shebang. Extra points for the amazing Knuckles statue like wow he is huge.

NeeP

@Kotone. Thanks! I am also very fond of my Knuckles statue.

Anyways, Here is Lenka, so far. I have to find a better wig, and better material for her skirt, or make her a dress. If I choose to keep the shirt she is currently using, I will have to change the colour of the sleves.

46011094742_2fcd5bf593_b.jpglenka-101918c by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

46011098172_bd156fa3bc_b.jpglenka-101918b by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

Lenka is supposed to have a ponytail, but finding the right wig in the right colour is proving to be tough. This one will work for now.

46011096942_302c2ff4a9_b.jpglenka-rin-102418a by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

And here she is with Rin.

Niki P.

sinclair

Wow, that's pretty cool. I wish I worked at a place where I could take my dolls too (Or rather wish I just had a place to work period.). As for Fanloids, I love Akita Neru and I want a DD of her, but not sure I'll ever get around to making her myself. And this would be the version of the outfit I would want.

latest?cb=20150103140701

Not exactly like that, I think the spats are too long or skirt isn't right length or something, but it would have the spats and phone holster, the short fat tie and shirt open at her belly. This one sizing is a little better.

12400467_10153841925098970_5326405786466499951_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.fna&oh=e1cf59570b695c3f867aac9dd9c59737&oe=5C70C189

Mega Negi

I think DDdy would work pretty well for a Yowane Haku...

NeeP

I have been trying to do this for some time, to get a halfway decent picture of my four Kagamines all together.  Still not a great picture as I am currently still using my iPhone.  But here it is.  It took a long while to find a yellow instrument for Lenka. 

48552369807_8ff0ee133b_b.jpgkagamine-08102019 by Niki Paradis, on Flickr

I am slowly working towards another genderbend project.  I want a Mikuo doll. 

I am currently waiting for the SW boy bodies to be available, and I need to determine what would work for a head.  I got a pair of Miku eyes, and a short wig I think that will work.  I need to source a decently priced Miku outfit with accessories.  I may also purchase a Miku as well. 

• Like 1

Niki P.

Monty

If you dont mind using a standard head (I think 9 and 14 have potential for Mikuo?), you could proxy a SW Dream Choice boy. But I think using Miku herself would work fine, under non-tight clothes a SS bust girl body makes a convincing boy (A DDS moreso).

NeeP
14 hours ago, Monty said:

If you dont mind using a standard head (I think 9 and 14 have potential for Mikuo?), you could proxy a SW Dream Choice boy. But I think using Miku herself would work fine, under non-tight clothes a SS bust girl body makes a convincing boy (A DDS moreso).

I am thinking about the DDH-09 myself.  Both Rinto and Lenka are using that sculpt.  I still have to familiarize myself with the DDH-14.  I was planning on swiping the body of the 9S doll when he comes, but if the Boy bodies become available before the release, I may just keep 9S whole.  But more options may become available later. 

Niki P.

Kailyn

I love them. I love the twins to begin with and Miku seems to get all the love.