Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
sinclair

Yaya In Trouble! (Stain on faceup.)

sinclair

I got careless. I put a black dress on Yaya last night, and noticed today she has really bad staining not only all over her body, but also on her face. There are some black dots on her blushing. What's the best way to treat her without damaging her faceup?

galatia9

Oh no! I wish I knew what to tell you. My Mio Honda got a dark spot on her nose recently, probably from a dark carry bag (the white pillow must have slipped off her). I used Oxy10 and it disappeared within a couple of days. I probably applied it four times, using a cotton swab, and kept her sitting under the bathroom heat lamp, looking up.

Maybe one of the dark spots isn't near the front of her face, and you can test on it.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Anna-neko

ehhh.... i had both Mari & Saber faceplant off the desk once and get tiny black spots on their faces

Put the usual zit-away stuff on it, in tiniest amount possible with a freakin toothpick... and stains came out no prob!

Mari had a spot on her nose once that luckily came off with rubbing alcohol w/out needing to go Oxi treatments...

sinclair

The thing I'm most worried about is there are now a couple small black spots on her blush on her cheek, and I don't know what I can do to remove them without the treatment also taking her blush off.

Anna-neko

In Saber's case it did strip off a lil... like, think it was the sealant? Because in that one space where stain was I can totally tell a small section isn't as glossy as rest of her faceup......

Its just a risk you'll have to take, unless someone has more ideas ;_:

K-2
The thing I'm most worried about is there are now a couple small black spots on her blush on her cheek, and I don't know what I can do to remove them without the treatment also taking her blush off.

I'm really sorry to hear this, especially to one of our favorite girls!

Unfortunately any stain treatment remedy (Remove-Zit, Volks, Oxy) will treat the blushing the same as the stain. If it's a factory face-up, it's my information that they normally don't use a sealer because they can use more durable paints than are available to the average consumer. So you probably don't have a lot of leeway with any "removing a layer" method.

Try a little soap (Dawn) and water without scrubbing aggressively. You can try one of the stain remedies, applying the minutest amount with a toothpick, but at best you will probably end up with an unblushed spot. Would that better than the dark spot?

If the spots are just on the cheek blushing an alternative might be to find a face-up artist that can remove the blushing, remove any remaining stain, and then reapply the blushing without touching the rest of the face up.

Pictures?

MVSig.jpg

Yumeiro

So sad to hear it ._.

I am not going to give you any guarantees, especially not on blushing... But default faceups tend to be quite durable. They are hard to completely scrub off, but still, a small faded spot will still stick out... So I would be prepared to have the blushing on both cheeks removed, if I were you. Especially if the staining is tough enough.

Or hope that not too much of it would come off when removing the stain and then try to match the other cheek..?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Yaya, that things go well!

kk1030

if you have coated your face up before, then you can try use a eraser to take out the black spots, because some of them might caused by dust or debris from burning a candle or something.

But if you haven't coat it then it snot suggested since it might damage your blush.

K-2

Any update on Yaya's condition?

MVSig.jpg

sinclair

Only that she has gotten more stains, now purple in color from a pillow she was holding. I swear, she's a stain magnet. I have gotten more Dream Rescue but been too lazy to treat her, or rather haven't wanted to not have her around. It gets lonely when she's at the "spa." Guess I should do something up for her thread, and then send her to the spa for a while.