Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

marishade
21 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

The rabbit's name is Yukine, by the way!  He's extremely precious and I would love to see a little plush of him included with the outfit, or even as an option at some point.

Yukine was included in the Snow Miku Twinkle Snow outfit a few years ago.

• Like 1

Veravey

He would look so cute beside Shining’s Melty’s familiar Sorbet who was also included with an outfit in the past @onion26@

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

OccultBeast
6 hours ago, marishade said:

Yukine was included in the Snow Miku Twinkle Snow outfit a few years ago.

Oh my gosh you're absolutely right!  Now I'm extra hopeful for everyone that he might be included with this year's, too!

• Like 2

OccultBeast

The official page for the Glowing Snow outfit is up!

https://www.volks.co.jp/miku/dress13/

spacer.png

The outfit includes a special wig, but I personally can't get over those fluffy boots! ; u ;

Edited by OccultBeast
inserted image
  • Like 2

toughstermcg

It's beautiful!! It's not one I want to own myself, but I can't wait to see more photos from people who get it. I do want just the boots though, haha.

Lynn

Wow! So pretty! Now I understand the price. I'll have to hunt this down from Mandarake. .... Maybe I should think first who could actually wear this - since I have NO DDS/DD with S or SS bust. 😌 But it's so beautifull! The very first (Snow) Miku outfit that I actually like...!

kranberrijam

On one hand, I kind of like it, but kind of not? I like parts (the boots are so nice!) but not the whole thing. I want more fancy stuff for my Snow Miku, but thinking of holding out in hopes of a rerelease of the Snow Princess outfit instead.

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

marishade

So lovely! Another outfit I will happily get for my Snow Miku!

Veravey

I'm even more excited! It's beautiful!!~ And my next doll will have blue hair so this will be perfect. 

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

OccultBeast
5 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

On one hand, I kind of like it, but kind of not? I like parts (the boots are so nice!) but not the whole thing. I want more fancy stuff for my Snow Miku, but thinking of holding out in hopes of a rerelease of the Snow Princess outfit instead.

This year's Snow Miku design is definitely a more refined look, but still very beautiful.  I think also, since she was designed for the Nendoroid size, there's a bit of discrepancy between it and the larger sized designs for things like Figma and DD.  The dress has a lot more plain white section in the larger designs, which makes sense, but it also leaves a lot of unused space.  Necomi drew her with a much shorter white section, which I think brings a little more visual appeal to the design, so it's interesting that they went for a longer version.

Poofiemus

Oh man this one DID come out cute. And as someone who only has regular Miku, and not Snow, having the wig included is a nice bonus. I'm tempted. . . maybe if I get a new job before preorders close I could possibly cave for it. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

kranberrijam
7 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

This year's Snow Miku design is definitely a more refined look, but still very beautiful.  I think also, since she was designed for the Nendoroid size, there's a bit of discrepancy between it and the larger sized designs for things like Figma and DD.  The dress has a lot more plain white section in the larger designs, which makes sense, but it also leaves a lot of unused space.  Necomi drew her with a much shorter white section, which I think brings a little more visual appeal to the design, so it's interesting that they went for a longer version.

That makes sense, maybe that's what's really putting me off. My Snow Miku is more like a diva idol, so I want fancy/busy outfits for her. But also to note that the Snow Miku designs are very hit or miss with me.

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

OccultBeast
18 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

That makes sense, maybe that's what's really putting me off. My Snow Miku is more like a diva idol, so I want fancy/busy outfits for her. But also to note that the Snow Miku designs are very hit or miss with me.

I feel like I also flip-flop back and forth on the Snow Miku designs, so I completely understand.  They're always cute, for sure, but they're not always 'for me,' y'know?  I also just don't collect Snow Miku anyway, as I prefer her normal designs/looks, plus there's too many Miku to collect everything, so a man's gotta pick and choose carefully lmao

BeyondTime
23 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Necomi drew her with a much shorter white section, which I think brings a little more visual appeal to the design, so it's interesting that they went for a longer version.

Maybe the latticework pattern at the bottom wouldn't hold it shape properly when they produced a real world version of the artwork design, and that resulted in adjustments. I'm noticing that the Volks version is more square than diamond shaped.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Maybe the latticework pattern at the bottom wouldn't hold it shape properly when they produced a real world version of the artwork design, and that resulted in adjustments. I'm noticing that the Volks version is more square than diamond shaped.

That's totally possible, too.  If it had some sort of internal support, like an inner wire frame, then I'm sure they could have gone with any shape really, but by itself you're probably right that it couldn't be easily accomplished.  I can't even begin to imagine how tedious that part of the dress must be to make.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, OccultBeast said:

I can't even begin to imagine how tedious that part of the dress must be to make.

I suspect the Doll Design department loves designing the clothes, but making hundreds of those clothes items by hand is probably pretty repetitive. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

nabeerain

So sorry if this has been addressed or in missed it! In regards to the body, is the internal frame the only difference from the reboot and original snow miku? Would the bodies still look the same externally? 

Edited by nabeerain

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, nabeerain said:

So sorry if this has been addressed or in missed it! In regards to the body, is the internal frame the only difference from the reboot and original snow miku? Would the bodies still look the same externally? 

The internal frame is the main difference, but the frame parts fit together a bit better than the old DDIII frame. The result is that the arms and thighs don't protrude from the torso as much. The ball at the ankle is also a bit more exposed, and when the foot is bent you can see a bit of the slot where the two plastic parts that make up the ball fir together. Almost all the vinyl parts have the same shape, and the doll's dimensions aren't changed.

The differences are small, but personally I think the way the frame fits together makes for a better looking doll. Enough so that I upgraded a number of my girls to f3 bodies. Not everyone feels the same way about it though.

• Like 1

Roxanne

I'm so in love with her new outfit, it's absolutely gorgeous!

The only thing I'm not too sure if I like it or not is that white pattern at the bottom with the little balls on. I would have prefered if it wasn't there I think. But I think I just need to get used to it since it is a really special design. Besides that I absolutely adore everything about it, especially the top part and the little boots. I really want it!

My instagram! 

BeyondTime

Just saw the photos Volks USA has up, and they may have sucked me in on this one. Snow Miku just looks too cute all bundled up to her chin in this outfit. 

marishade

Yes! I already pre-ordered.

MikuFan

SPOILER ALERT. EDUCATED SPECULATION ON NEW OUTFIT FROM MAGICAL MIRAI EXHIBIT

Volks confirmed the new exhibit is about Colorful Stage

the first announcement that implies there is something besides the new Kaito has what seems like a grey with twin tales and a white ribbon

there is a card with similar description 

from wikia

spacer.png

Edited by MikuFan
added working image
  • Like 1

Hiruma

@MikuFan Thanks for the information! That does look like the 25-ji Miku as she's "missing a sock" and the background matches up as well. Loved this look since the game was first released and would buy this outfit and wig in a heartbeat...

Monty

It is! I did manage to see a photo - it was in the background of a photo someone had actually taken of the placard for Kaito, but it’s been removed now, probably because they noticed the big ‘No photos’ sign at their feet. I thought they looked good though. Miku also had new mismatch eyes in, I can’t remember if Rin did. You can see the top of Rin’s floppy bow in the first teaser photo too.

Theyre not the ones I would expect from the first ProSeka collab but I’m really excited for what might happen in future! I’d love Meiko and Luka to get some ProSeka outfits too… and Kaito of course. There are so many cute ones in the game!

Maybe they’ll actually show them on twitter during or slightly after Tokyo’s MagiMirai next month?

Edited by Monty