Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

Poofiemus

Oh my god I need this one so much. SO. MUCH.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

mizya

I'm not usually one for extra princessy & frilly dresses but... somehow I kinda like this one. It could be because it has some dark blue colour, too, instead of being all pastel like dresses such as this usually are. And I do love snowflake details so those little snowflakes on the dark blue top skirt are very charming. :3

If the stars align and I happen to have extra money when this is up for pre-order, I might consider getting it. Looks like this one comes with a wig like last year's outfit. I'm still a bit miffed that they didn't offer a wig with Twinkle Snow (which is my favourite Snow Miku look to this day and I naturally pre-ordered it for my DDs) because in the illustration it was this lovely, kind of curly twintail look, and I would've loved getting wig like that for my dolls. ;A; This wig has a similar style, although it has quite a bit of white fiber instead of being all blue, but it could work with Twinkle Snow... hmm.

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

BeyondTime
Seeing the second picture I like it more, but I think the little turquoise jewelry bits and bows on the front and the crown and snow jewelry look cheap and bring down the look a lot (as I think about such on many outfits).

I'm not much of a fan of much jewelry and frill in real life though so it's maybe just that bias.

It reminds me a bit of Anastasia's outfit.

I've never really liked the prevalence of bows on Miku outfits, but I guess that's a Miku thing.

The crown here looks like the same materials as Kaede's jewelry, but it's harder to tell about the snowflakes on the hair ornaments.

It doesn't help that the weave on the fabrics is so fine it can't help but make the plastic bits look pretty cheap by comparison. That's certainly true of Kaede's stuff. The dress is made with really nice fabric, and the large broach on the front of her dress looks incongruous. In her case though I think you would have an issue making some of it from metal. The armlets could damage the vinyl if they weren't plastic, and there would be some issues with weight making things not hanging correctly if it wasn't super light.

Anya's default dress had higher quality accessories that fit the materials of the dress better. Her earrings were clear plastic, and don't look all that tacky imo. Kaede's looked tacky, so I never pierced her ears. Shiburin's are plated metal.

With the jewelry I see below I don't see any reason they couldn't have made them from nicer materials.

I've gotten outfits from Taobao that were inexpensive, and had ornamentation that was made like any other costume jewelry, with metal settings and paste gems. It can be done cheaply, but to be fair perhaps not cheaply enough in Japan. There could also be issues with oxidization and stains on the doll if they used plated metal for anything that touched the vinyl.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mame

I didn’t really like the design at first, but seeing it as a DD outfit, it’s really pretty!

Monty

The exact fine print for web preorders isnt out yet but the dates:

Sapporo Volks: Feb 9th to March 3rd

Other Volks (presumably also Web): Feb 16th to March 3rd

In store you can pay a deposit and pay the rest later when it ships (not until 'autumn'.). In the past they required up front payment for online orders but I'm kinda glumly hoping that they'll allow a deposit this time 8')

Although, her price isn't as bad as I was fearing, it's less than Ribbon Girl despite being more elaborate. (probably cos it doesn't come with a wig, or Yukine.) ¥19,800 without tax,with will probably be about ¥21374..?

I really can't wait for it, if they require upfront payment I hope I can get it together by the end of feb

cfx

I don't think I ever expected to see DD outfits cost 20K yen.

I'm glad this one isn't for me.

mizya

No wig after all? What a disappointment. :C

The way that they styled that wig for the photos would go nicely with the Twinkle Snow dress. I guess I don't need to worry about ordering this one, then, as the wig was what interested me the most. ;__; I suppose they assume that everyone who orders these outfits already has a Snow Miku and the wig that comes with the doll, but...

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
My blogcarrd | instagram

cfx
I suppose they assume that everyone who orders these outfits already has a Snow Miku and the wig that comes with the doll, but...

Just in case you didn't already know Cotin Doll has Snow Miku wigs in several different colors of blue. Unlike Volks they are heat-resistant fiber.

I have their green Miku wig and I am happy with it but I don't have the Volks wig to compare.

Monty

I also have the Cotin doll Snow Miku wig and I like it a lot, but again, I can’t compare it with the original as I don’t have it. It sells out on their site a lot (it’s sold out right now)but they also restock every now and then. On the Japanese site there is an option to be emailed when the item comes back in stock (I had to do that with both my cotin doll wigs I own) - whereas the English page has an option to message about it - maybe you can use that to ask to be notified when it’s available again.

mizya

cfx, Yeah, I know about Cotin Doll but their wigs are quite pricy so I've had my reservations about purchasing from them. At least their wigs seem nice, but I'm still not sure if I'd want to pay over 50 dollars for a wig because I'm extremely picky about quality, and if I buy a wig that expensive & get one where the wig cap shows, I wouldn't be too happy. ^^; Most BJD companies (for example Crobidoll) that provide the kind of quality that I approve (no wig cap showing, smooth fiber, wig has kept its shape for the most part and requires minimal styling), sell their wigs for around 27~29 dollars, so... I don't really want to pay much more than that. Hence, I still don't have a Miku style wig to go with Twinkle Snow even though I've had the outfit for a good while now. :'D

I do eventually want a Miku head to paint so perhaps at some point I'll buy a Snow Miku and get the Volks wig then, ahah.. Not that I'm a big fan of Volks' wig quality, at least Sheryl's and Rin & Len's wigs have rather terrible fiber that gets frizzy and out of shape really quickly. I'm on the hunt to find replacement wigs for them in better quality.

My blogcarrd | instagram

cfx

Torino: I signed up to be notified as well when I got the Miku wig; I think it only took a week or less before they had it.

cfx, Yeah, I know about Cotin Doll but their wigs are quite pricy so I've had my reservations about purchasing from them. At least their wigs seem nice, but I'm still not sure if I'd want to pay over 50 dollars for a wig because I'm extremely picky about quality, and if I buy a wig that expensive & get one where the wig cap shows, I wouldn't be too happy. ^^; Most BJD companies (for example Crobidoll) that provide the kind of quality that I approve (no wig cap showing, smooth fiber, wig has kept its shape for the most part and requires minimal styling), sell their wigs for around 27~29 dollars, so... I don't really want to pay much more than that. Hence, I still don't have a Miku style wig to go with Twinkle Snow even though I've had the outfit for a good while now. :'D

All of Cotin Doll's wigs that aren't the Miku wigs are about 4000 yen so not a ton more expensive so I assumed it's all the material in the Miku wigs making them expensive.

I have three of their wigs and too many Crobi because I went overboard with their sale. Just my anecdotal experience but I found the Cotin Doll wigs at least as good as the Crobi and probably better as some of my Crobi wigs do have areas where the wig cap shows if you don't arrange the hair right and this issue isn't on the Cotin Doll wigs I have.

You can see my Miku wig in the database thread I posted but my photography sucks currently so you can't really tell anything about it.

If you find a wig like Sheryl's in color I would be interested in that too.

Elys

Aw, the full outfit and shoes are very pretty but that price point is a little too steep for me. If they do allow for a deposit, then maybe, but... More savings for Dolpa instead then I guess. ^ ^

DD Crew Kano Custom DDH-06 ∙∙∙ 2B DDdy ∙∙∙ 9S DDb
Obitsu Crew Zhi Jia Custom Tan AP Type-M

【  Flickr 】【 Instagram Twitter

marishade

Insta-buy for me too! Love it, but I love all the Snow Miku outfits. I have already started preparing for this so the price does not scare me.

littlebirdzoom

Instant buy for me with the preview pictures, now it's solidified in stone for sure. I adore. They did such a good job on it and all the accessories. And I finally like this Snow Miku year hah. TBH I was kind of hoping for a wig that would be light and fade like it does in the 2019 illustration. I mean I guess this snow Miku wig does that already, but was hoping. oh well

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Sniiksnak

Price is pretty spicy. In a good way. Thought I was gonna have to sell a leg.

Now I have to scalp some poor snow Miku for a wig. (╹◡╹)

kranberrijam

On one hand, I was hoping for a wig, since I would like a second/backup wig. But on the other, I can actually afford this now! And it goes up for order after my card resets, so that's cool. Now to decide if I want to go International or US store; hopefully the prices will go up around the same time so we can compare (I don't want to pay PP fees if I can help it and I don't mind waiting longer).

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Mario

New photos. I absolutely love this design but I don't have a snow Miku or her wig.

Dy7gGTdU0AAAWzj.jpg

Dy7gGTcUUAAnKnp.jpg

Dy7gGTdUwAEiS99.jpg

Monty

No rule that says you can’t use it on dolls other than Miku! I’m planning to have it on Rin most of the time if I can actually afford it.

Kinda disappointed they haven’t made any announcements or shown anything new at Snow Miku today other than the display of this outfit. It’s been ages since any other outfits were announced and there were none at magiMirai. How long does Luka have to wait for another outfit? I’m honestly not fond of her Senbonzakura one.

Mario
No rule that says you can’t use it on dolls other than Miku! I’m planning to have it on Rin most of the time if I can actually afford it.

Kinda disappointed they haven’t made any announcements or shown anything new at Snow Miku today other than the display of this outfit. It’s been ages since any other outfits were announced and there were none at magiMirai. How long does Luka have to wait for another outfit? I’m honestly not fond of her Senbonzakura one.

I sadly don't have any S or SS bust girls anymore, so I wouldn't be able to make any of my dolls wear them.

I actually noticed that nothing was really announced at the event, they weren't even selling a Snow Mikus(or a Miku) at the event.

I just guess they just want to drive up preorders for the new snow miku outfit. They are most likely using most of their production resources on the preorder dolls like 2B.

I kinda hoped for some news about Sakura Miku. But we just have to wait.