Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Sniiksnak

Clasps that Volks uses?

Sniiksnak

So long story short when I ordered my Rin from JHStoys her ribbon came defective. It has two receiving buttons instead of one innie and one outie. Does anyone know where I can find replacement buttons similar or exact to the ones Volks uses?

Jhstoys has spent months trying to find me a replacement bow, but I think I should just fix it myself. :T

Volks also was not helpful

Amber

Can I see a picture? I don't have Rin so I don't have a reference to it. I don't think any of my dolls have something like that.

I found a review video of the dolls, I think maybe one of these is what you mean?

https://www.amazon.com/GENCASE-Silver-Project-Jewelry-Clothing/dp/B07564TZFP/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1520382056&sr=8-4&keywords=tiny+silver+sewing+hooks

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Sew-Snaps-Nickel-Asst-Size/dp/B000Y3GWKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520382107&sr=8-1&keywords=tiny+snaps

Sniiksnak

Coming right up:

40620722972_a1a19b404c_c.jpgUntitled by Sunukee Xibb, on Flickr

They're the snaps that Volks uses in the backs of their clothes.

Thank you very much for your help. The second picture looks similar but I can't really tell.

Amber

Yeah, it is like the second link. I don't know if you could find the exact ones Volks used, but that's the kind of item you're looking for. They sell it at all crafts stores in the sewing section. They're inexpensive so I think you should just replace both sides instead of looking for the exact match to Volks'.

Sniiksnak

Ok, cool.

Thank you very much ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

sinclair

I've bought those snaps in the 2nd link at my local fabric/crafty store and used them because I love snaps on the Volks outfits better then the hooks. I've never thought to match them up to the ones Volks uses. I bet if you take your bow with you to the store you could try them with the ones in store and find a match. I doubt they are some odd custom size.

BeyondTime
I bet if you take your bow with you to the store you could try them with the ones in store and find a match. I doubt they are some odd custom size.

I was going to suggest taking it in to the store as well. That's a pretty standard thing to do in hardware stores when you need to match a bolt to a nut or something similar, and you can always check in with one of the clerks, show them the bow, and ask them to direct you to the snaps.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Sniiksnak

Thanks guys, that sounds like a good idea. I’ll walk over to Michaels tomorrow with the bow and see if they have any.