The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

elianti

Obitsu to Exhibit New 1/3 Body (Obitsu 45)

elianti

According to one of the points on their most recent blog post, Obitsu will be showing off their prototype of a new 1/3 body(frame and outer vinyl) at Doll Show!! No pictures yet but Doll Show will be on the 4th, so not too long of a wait.

I’m really excited—Obitsu’s 1/3 line has loooong been overdue for a revamp and it looks like we’ll finally get it! I wonder which size it’ll be...?! I think 50cm would make the most sense since it’s the most widely produced but I’d really like new 55/60/65cms too! If the aesthetic is similar to the new 22/24/26cms then I WILL definitely shift some plans to include some of these new bodies.

Edited by Guest

Cauldroness

I'm really enjoying my Iris Collect girl but her knees/hips are wonky, so I'm definitely curious what the new body might look like -- and if it might have better jointing.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

galatia9

Ooh yes, I would love to see new Obitsu 1/3 bodies! Hopefully some boys again someday, too.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

ggBB

I would love a revamped 55 or 60 cm!! compared to the 50cm body the 60cm body looks so outdated which is why I've never been interested in getting one

elianti

Looking through twitter, it looks like Obitsu’s new body is.... an Obitsu 45! I didn’t expect this at all lol

From SAKAE21 @ twitter

DcUuIelVQAA2gXF?format=jpg

Parabox already has an Obitsu-made "45cm" doll body already, so I’m sorta surprised that they’re making their own updated version, but why not I guess. The knees are much nicer now, but the thigh and hip area will take me some getting used to. The one piece torso is interesting but I wonder how much that’ll affect mobility. Obitsu’s flexible torso makes posing them pretty fun so I hope it won’t be too bad. The elbow joints look the same to me..

I think it looks nice overall, but if this size is the only new 1/3 doll Obitsu’s making then I’ll be a bit sad since I was looking forward to a taller doll body! xD I really hope for more to come.. ^^

• Like 1

Skadi

I'm considering to get a Obistu body instead of an MDD or DDP so it's kinda interesting for me.

I hope they also announce now bodies for the other sizes.

Janeway

Nice body and would like to have this when it comes out.

jadepixel

Interesting!

Those knees are a big improvement and the hand sculpts look cool, plus it seems like a very androgynous body that could work for many characters. I have a parabox 48cm and the proportions are fun but the body itself doesn't feel too solid, it's nice to see obitsu re-engineering things again.

ggBB

Dunno how to feel about this, the sculpt is much nicer generally but I think I'm the only person on this earth who loves obitsu style knees over DD style ones...

Tasuke

all of these new OBITSUs seem to follow the same overall design aesthetic,

which is really quite exceptional, IMO.

their new legs are great, the proportions are exceptionally pleasing, at least to me,

and the soft vinyl of the torso is so thin and compliant that the new 24, at least,

has no issues whatsoever with sitting down about as naturally as one could ever ask for.

all said, as a 1/6 Anime doll collector/customizer,

i can hardly wait to get hands on the upcoming 26cm. version of these new OBITSUs...

Sakura%20Kinomoto%20MAXELL%203-25-18%202.png

OBITSU%2024%20ver.2%203-23-18%201.png

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

elianti

I’ve been waiting for Obitsu to say something about this new body on their blog or something but it’s been over a week and there’s still nothing. Idk, it’s really amusing how differently all of these doll companies handle PR, from Danny’s gratuitous Smartdoll social media spam, to Volk’s relatively predictably-timed new announcements & events, and Obitsu’s... what, twice yearly??? updates.

kidswan

No torso split, that's a little odd. I wonder how it'll work out for people who want a bigger bust. Tbh, for me, i'd buy it as it is.

Janeway

Any more information on when they're be releasing these?

nanika

Maybe there'll be some updates at the Doll Show in Tokyo on the 24th of this month. Azone is apparently taking advantage of the 45cm body, as they'll be releasing a Chino from "Is the Order a Rabbit?" later this year or early next year, although they'll have some custom outer shell parts.

Misheru

They really needed to do a new 60cm version. It has been over a decade .

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Janeway

nanika that's cool. Is there any pictures of this?

Lunis

I've never seen this before, I'm so excited for it now! ∑d(°∀°d) The 45cm is my favorite size of the 1/3 Obitsu, so I'm down for this. I might just buy it for my current boy, the sculpt looks amazing on the prototype! Can't wait for more news!

LexiKat13

Has there been anymore news on this body??? I can't find anything anywhere :(

dreamlink

Hope it's okay to bump this topic. Sadly it's not with new news, but I just wanted to share it since I'm looking forward to this body too.

The last time the body was shown off was during 2018's Summer Wonder Festival. It wasn't much later than the initial reveal, but it already had some changes then. The thigh joints were made less prominent, and the elbow joints have been changed.

There's still no torso split, but that view of the internals behind the doll body makes me think it'll eventually get one.

Lunis
3 hours ago, dreamlink said:

I'm excited for this one too! I'm planning to buy it as a replacement for Kou's current body, or maybe a whole new character. I just love that sculpt so much!

Janeway

Hi peeps l found out that they are not going to be releasing this body intill next year. However they are releasing a updated version of the obitsu 50cm body. 

Greta

Is there any news on maybe when they are releasing it? Like what month or season? Year?🥲

Tasuke
On 5/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, Tasuke said:

all of these new OBITSUs seem to follow the same overall design aesthetic,

which is really quite exceptional, IMO.

their new legs are great, the proportions are exceptionally pleasing, at least to me,

and the soft vinyl of the torso is so thin and compliant that the new 24, at least,

has no issues whatsoever with sitting down about as naturally as one could ever ask for.

all said, as a 1/6 Anime doll collector/customizer,

i can hardly wait to get hands on the upcoming 26cm. version of these new OBITSUs...

And, -all these years later- i have long-since fully upgraded my Anime Family to the OBITSU 26;

Anime_Family_John_s_5-1-23_1_RESIZE_35.j

Anime_Family_John_s_5-1-23_2_RESIZE_30.j

Konomi_Undies_4-16-23_RESIZE_30.jpg?widt

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_(1)_R

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png