Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

samseramsamsam

Where my knitters at? ;)

Panda_Dolliess

I went down a huge rabbit hole today looking at knitting machines. The most affordable one seems to be the Addi Express. Once my store kicks off, I might have to try one out.ย They knit up things super fast, its amazing!ย 

Pupi
On 9/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, Katsudon said:

Awesome ๐Ÿ˜„ I wish I had access to a knitting machine! You've made some beautiful things with it :3 so jealous of that tiny cable knit! So dainty and pretty~

Yey thanks! I need to make more! Right now home knitting machines are exclusively vintage stuff and ranges from 700 to 2000 euros based on models, conditions and spare pieces you can find. I know in London there is a private creative laboratory where you can go and rent a machine for x hours, but I am not sure if there are places like that in the rest of the world. I also know a succesful kickstarter helped produce an electronical, industrial-like machine you can program, but it's just an expensive heavy toy imho. Still, I hope this can help spread this amazing medium that was lost in time ๐Ÿ’•

On 9/11/2020 at 9:35 PM, Conuresans said:

Aaaa you are tempting me to try to mess with our knitting machines bc those are gorgeous!ย ๐Ÿ’žย I haven't tried knitting anything for my girls yet as I haven't really handled my knitting needles as often as they take more time right now for me. Maybe one of these days though as I have a yarn that'd make a lovely shawl for Sheryl...ย 

PLEASE DO. IT'S FUN.

I also love to do shawls! Those are fun and easy! I like to make them with eyelets or a lace motif ๐Ÿ’•

On 9/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, MaKayla_Panda said:

I went down a huge rabbit hole today looking at knitting machines. The most affordable one seems to be the Addi Express. Once my store kicks off, I might have to try one out.ย They knit up things super fast, its amazing!ย 

Aaaa one of the circular babies! My mother gifted me one of those (the Barbie one) as a joke, but it actually works well?! You can only do tubulars and some square pieces, but it's great for beanies, blankets and scarves, overall if you want to make striped stuff without selling your soul to some creature from Goetia.

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

Moon-to-Starlight

Knitting a blanket in superfine lace weight. Taking forever but I cannot argue with the results being in scale...! Plus, there is just something so satisfying about working so hard to make something perfect for little darling!ย 

ย 

What sort of yarn or stitches do you find yourself often navigating towards when working on doll sized knits?ย 

• Like 1

Panda_Dolliess
2 hours ago, Moon-to-Starlight said:

What sort of yarn or stitches do you find yourself often navigating towards when working on doll sized knits?ย 

I used DK/Light Worsted/Sport/#3 yarn. Its the lightest weight that acrylic yarn is offered in. I to use acrylic yarn simply because I don't have to worry about stains! Most of my stuff is knitted in basic Stockinette stitch because I am quite familiar with my personal gauge and it makes it easier to convert human sized patterns to doll patterns when you know you gauge very well. My stuff is a little on the thicker side, but it still works out pretty well for clothes. Especially now that cooler weather is upon us!

Moon-to-Starlight

I hadnโ€™t considered difficulties with yarn and dyeing! I tend to be a lace person, but that is a really good point about acrylic.

Ai Priestess

Iโ€™ve used embroidery floss and size 0-000 Chiaogoo needles to make scarves. Iโ€™m not brave enough to try anything else. ๐Ÿ˜…

Veravey

I just want to say that I appreciate this thread so muchย ๐Ÿฅฐ I can't knit to save my life, but I appreciate everything you guys make! Knit pieces have such a wonderfully cozy feeling to them.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Moon-to-Starlight
6 hours ago, Ai Priestess said:

Iโ€™ve used embroidery floss and size 0-000 Chiaogoo needles to make scarves. Iโ€™m not brave enough to try anything else. ๐Ÿ˜…

Hmmm... Embroidery floss? I hadnโ€™t thought of that. I recently learned to spin so Iโ€™ve been mostly using what I have spun into yarn myself, but Iโ€™m finding Iโ€™m wanting to branch out a bit. Iโ€™ll have to give that a try!ย 

5 hours ago, Veravey said:

I just want to say that I appreciate this thread so muchย ๐Ÿฅฐ I can't knit to save my life, but I appreciate everything you guys make! Knit pieces have such a wonderfully cozy feeling to them.

Knit items are the best! Some hot cocoa and knitting cute clothes for cute dolls; just the best!

• Like 1

Poofiemus

I finally made something I've wanted to for a while: a virgin killer sweater for my Miku!

1025201611a.jpg.f2aa9906ce6b23041f935239ed58594a.jpg

I took Peaches and Cream brand cotton yarn, and then methodically unravelled it to half the ply. Exactly as tedious as it sounds, but I love the colors, so WORTH IT. Then I used my new size 2 DPNs to knit it up. This was my first time doing cabling, so I have an extra reason to be proud of it.

• Like 5

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

MoonyKat

Wowย ๐Ÿ˜ย That virgin killer sweater is soooo cute!!! ย You did an amazing job!

• Thanks 1

samseramsamsam

Yisss let's zombify this thread ๐Ÿ˜‰

Variegated sock yarn is the best, come fight me! ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_20210509_173355_695.jpg

IMG_20210508_131134_376.jpg

IMG_20210508_124426_182.jpg

IMG_20210501_155103_536.jpg

• Like 1

AzDoll123
2 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

Yisss let's zombify this thread ๐Ÿ˜‰

Variegated sock yarn is the best, come fight me! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fabulous work! I'm in awe seeing knitting on such a tiny scale (compared to humans), like how lol?!ย :lol:

samseramsamsam
13 hours ago, AzDoll123 said:

Fabulous work! I'm in awe seeing knitting on such a tiny scale (compared to humans), like how lol?!ย :lol:

Thank you! If you can knit socks in human size, you can easily knit doll dresses ๐Ÿ˜‰

Personally, I don't have the patience to knit a sweater for myself XDย 

(I just hate knitting sleeves - but I like long sleeves on my dolls...)ย 

samseramsamsam

My addiction to sock yarn dresses? Still going strong ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿงถ

ย 

IMG_20210520_133357.jpg

• Like 1

samseramsamsam

Okay, sorry, just one more! Found a pattern for a darling lace tank top / camisole ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

IMG_20210524_121136_394.jpg

• Like 1

samseramsamsam

Taking over this thread again ๐Ÿ˜‰

Knitted basically the same lace camisole, but with fewer stitches (Angel Philia size) for Lundis smaller chest XD and longer as a little dress ๐Ÿ˜

IMG_20211201_190337_972.jpg

• Like 1