Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

VolksUSA Dolls Party in LA 4 in 2019

BeyondTime

VolksUSA has announced Dolls Party 2019 on their facebook.

Per their Facebook it’s Sept 8th 2019 in LA.

Tea Party and SD pre-order info: https://volksusa.com/event/2019dolpala/tea.php#howto

General info: https://volksusa.com/event/2019dolpala/index.php?fbclid=IwAR0KdJSBDCeQ5N52sooUmsnUFm_RsQdV8L0cZSunTQvkWslsJSg_CnhbQzU

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

growcian

I just had a friend get all hyped up about it and when I said, "Oh. Next year", the reply I got was:

Wait... 2019?? I misread the date?

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

growcian

I will be strong armed by the same friend who thought it would be this year into going. He'll then ask me to fill out the lottery forms for the dolls he wants to get a better chance of winning.

This was me after the 2017 LA Dolpa lottery:

This will be me after the 2019 Dolpa USA lottery:

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

SakuraSylph

Given that Volks is shooting for September again, I'm guessing it will be held over Labor Day weekend like the event has been in the past. My hope is that it will be held on a non-holiday weekend instead though, which would make it nicer for travelers in terms of lower airfaire, lower hotel costs, and less general crowds to fight. Labor Day is Monday Sept 2 in 2019, so there's a chance it could be a different weekend in the month.

2017's was a good event. I thought it was worth going to if you can swing it.

SakuraSylph

Gunter

I am going to REALLY try to go to this one. I bought my last doll for the year (and probably the next) so I'll hopefully have the funds to attend. I have friends that already confirmed they'll go so I can share space. Fingers crossed!

Innocentsake

Will definitely make sure to attend again I misread it and thought it said 2018 which would've been great since I have the week of Labor Day off But hopefully they announce the date before the end of the year so I can request it on my vacation form. It would be nice to meet more DD people from the forum. I realized that a good amount of people went, but I had no idea till after the fact when people posted about being there. Can't wait for more info

gaiaswill

My first reaction was, "They cannot even say what state they'll be in?" /:|

BeyondTime
My first reaction was, "They cannot even say what state they'll be in?" /:|

Volks is all about teasing info slowly.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Ie-Aster

The ambiguity about location makes me wonder if they're considering doing it in NYC again...

As much as it would be fun to travel to California, having it be in NYC would definitely make it easier for me (and all the other East Coast people) to attend.

I imagine that if they were sure they'd do it in LA they would have said so, so they are probably at least considering the feasibility of other locations.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

rukitron

I wish they just did a travel show instead of like one place only every x years, but good they're gonna try and do another one again.

sinclair

It didn't even occur to me it would be outside of Cali. I wanted to go to the last one, but was unable to. Here's hoping I can go next year if it's close.

Katiazza

I would really love if it was held in NYC again! I've never been able to go to a Dolpa before and I would love to attend. Travelling from the east in Canada (seriously east - we have a different time zone that exists for us that the USA doesn't need) to Cali is super expensive (I remember flights being close to $1000 USD when I looked for the last Dolpa that was held). Plus I enjoy NYC better in September than the heat that Cali often has at that time of year.

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

Chihaya

Another east coaster who would love it to be in NYC or similar.

Dollfie Dreamer, Minion of GEOTUS, idolm@ster

Monty

Last time they brought D'Coords, so I imagine they'll do that again (likely with D11 in brown/semiwhite too, 15, and maybe other limiteds if more come out before then). But I'm wondering if they will do anything for Dream Choice. I am not expecting them to bring all the Dream Choice parts over, but it would be kind of cool if they had the catalogues and stuff there and offer Dolpa-only orders with upfront payment that could be shipped from Japan at a later date. (Unless Dream Choice is already more accessible in the US by the time Dolpa 2019 happens)

I still think the most exciting part of Dolpa still absent from the US ones is the dealer market, and I always wonder if they would ever organize one, even on a much much smaller scale, with US seamstresses/eye makers/etc.

Gunter

I didn't even notice that they didn't state "LA" like they have the last couple of times.

Please be in NYC. Please be in NYC. I won't be able to see a bunch of my friends who live in Cali but I could literally DRIVE to the event!

SakuraSylph
I still think the most exciting part of Dolpa still absent from the US ones is the dealer market

I seem to vaguely recall reading that the early USA dolpas around 2007 had US-based dealers in attendance, before Volks quit holding USA-based dolpas for 8 years or so. The early dolpas were before my time so I can't personally confirm, but I think there's at least precedent for having US dealers at an event. Not sure why Volks hasn't been offering that as a feature more recently.

The more recent USA dolpas in 2015 and 2017 have had a small section of Japanese dealer items, at least. It was nowhere near the scale of the dealer market you're familiar with (it was about the size of one table). It'd be easy to overlook when browsing the Sumika shop.

SakuraSylph

TheWhiteRabbit
I would really love if it was held in NYC again! I've never been able to go to a Dolpa before and I would love to attend. Travelling from the east in Canada (seriously east - we have a different time zone that exists for us that the USA doesn't need) to Cali is super expensive (I remember flights being close to $1000 USD when I looked for the last Dolpa that was held). Plus I enjoy NYC better in September than the heat that Cali often has at that time of year.

I can relate strongly to this haha, we have our own timezone within your timezone... haha, as east as it gets. I would love a more eastern location, I would be going for sure! Definitely keeping eyes/ears open on this event.

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

DivinitaAria

I so want to go but September is second tax season so I will have to try very hard to use paid time off to go Also hoping it is on the east coast:)

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

demonmiko

Just stumbled over here while searching for Dolpa information for next year... USA or Japan. Lucky!

But I really cross my fingers that it's NY. We're hoping to be in Maryland next year, so it would be so much easier than trying to figure out a way to CA.

BeyondTime

Per their Facebook it’s Sept 8th 2019 in LA.

Gunter

So sad it isn't on the East Coast. I was really hoping for a NY one as I could plan my entire trip to NY around it. Oh well, I guess I'll be trying to see if I can stay with some friends and plan a mini vacation to visit around it in LA. (We gonna disregarding that the vast majority of people I know are going to be in NorCal not SoCal)

Amber

i am going to this, (or rather i want to), but i don't really know what to do... are they gonna release like a website where you buy tickets?

Pink-Yoshi

Too bad (for me) it isn't a little later. I'm planning a trip to California at the end of October too look at schools and go to Blizzcon.