Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DD Sakura Miku

Monty

We joked that it would happen... but it actually is now. Not sure how I feel about it but I look forward to seeing her as she’s sure to be cute regardless.

Announced at MagiMirai just now.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Now the question is, will she be the next pre-order?

Tune in tomorrow, same Volks-time, same Volks-channel...

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
Now the question is, will she be the next pre-order?

Tune in tomorrow, same Volks-time, same Volks-channel...

On one hand, past Mikus have been preorder. On the other, a spring release would make sense for her theme. On my mutant third hand, Vocaloid dolls are basically all preorder now anyway regardless of when they’re released.

I personally hope she doesn’t ‘waste’ an annual preorder slot given Luka’s release (if that’s the right word to use) since Miku’s had two of those already and as much as I adore Miku i’d rather see new characters in that slot...but again, for all we know the preorder project is going to be changed too given all the recent release method changes.

Paprika

I’m not a Miku person, but I’m interested in seeing this release. Not surprised in the least that it’s happening.

BeyondTime

I personally hope she doesn’t ‘waste’ an annual preorder slot given Luka’s release (if that’s the right word to use) since Miku’s had two of those already and as much as I adore Miku i’d rather see new characters in that slot...but again, for all we know the preorder project is going to be changed too given all the recent release method changes.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I'm fine with the next pre-order being a Vocaloid release, but I would prefer a totally new character rather than a reskin of Miku. I'm very fond of my Miku's too, but completely new characters would be a better use of the project.

When does the pre-order countdown usually show up? Seems like it should be anytime in the next few weeks.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

Next Volks News is mid September, my estimate is the 10th but it could also be the 17th (although that’s a public holiday in Japan so maybe not), and the teasers go up on twitter the Friday before the Monday volks news release (unless a public holiday moves the release), and last year the timer was only a week or so, right? So I assume it will be the first of September...?

I would be disappointed if it’s her also because it would destroy the suspense of the countdown lol.

JoltFiend

RIP 2B. But have another Miku.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Monty

...what does 2B have to do with magical mirai...? Volks always announce vocaloid stuff there.

DivinitaAria

When Volks releases a new Miku

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

sinclair

Now I have another Miku outfit I need to collect. Hopefully I have a job by then so I can joint a split. Although at this rate I might as well just buy the Snow Miku and Sakura Miku. Getting too many Miku outfits for one Miku to wear...

BeyondTime
On the other, a spring release would make sense for her theme.

I kind of thought a bit more about this, and yeah she should be released when the Sakura are in bloom.

Actually Volks twitter just followed something Nier related I think. I didn't pay a lot of attention, so I don't really have any details, just noticed Nier in their feed. I'd say project not remotely dead, but who knows when it will release.

ramcoy

oh no...

im doomed

galatia9

I have somehow resisted two Mikus so far, though I was very tempted by the original and especially Snow Miku. But I don't know if I can resist a pink one!!

I sort of think she should be preordered a little early, so you can have her in hand just in time for spring.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

ajl

Why Sakura Miku!!! She is my favorite version of Miku. ;_; Nooooooo. With Luka on order, and Natsuki... I really don't even need another pink DD, but Sakura Miku.

merry-go-round

I dont think she is the pre order. No one dd show up before the preorder official annoucement right ?

I m agree with you, she may be here in 2019 spring, it s more smart than the winter. (But you can say the last miku snow, the pre order open in june...Hmm).

And I see a 2b for the end of the year or the special selection.

And finally sakura miku dollpa 2019 with 2b or 2b in agust 2019

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

shikaree

2B will not be canceled. Volks knows as well as anyone she's easily one of their most popular dolls.

I'll probably get her for the same reason as sinclair. To many Miku outfits for one Miku... =X

Pickle

I'm super curious to know what she ends up looking like in the end. Really loved Snow Miku, so I wonder how Sakura Miku will be~

Edited by Guest

BeyondTime
I dont think she is the pre order. No one dd show up before the preorder official annoucement right ?

I think there has been the occasional tease or leak right before the pre-order reveal, like with Anya. If I'm not mistaken though, the tease / leak has always been a doll photo and not a concept drawing. I suspect Sakura Miku is still in the concept phase at this point.

I'm also going to say too soon after Luka, so in my mind the March Dolpa would be the ideal time to get her into peoples hands.

Edit: Went back and checked the im@s pre-order threads. Iori, Yayoi, and Anya all had product photos teased ahead of their pre-order announcement.

Edited by Guest

Shailara

This is the one Miku I said I'd buy if they released. So looking forward to seeing her

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Eiko82

Not really a Miku fan but I'm curious to see what she'll look like

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

RiverR

I've been wondering when they would do Sakura Miku! I'm excited, can't wait to see what she looks like~

My big question is whether she'll be unique enough that I'll want to collect both Miku and Sakura Miku, or if the difference is mainly her outfit + wig. I'd like it if her faceup was pinker to match the theme, though.

BeyondTime
I've been wondering when they would do Sakura Miku! I'm excited, can't wait to see what she looks like~

My big question is whether she'll be unique enough that I'll want to collect both Miku and Sakura Miku, or if the difference is mainly her outfit + wig. I'd like it if her faceup was pinker to match the theme, though.

Snow Miku has dark blue in her faceup, so I would think Volks will give Sakura Miku a face that compliments her hair and outfit.

I have Snow and Hatsune Miku, and I don't think I will get Sakura Miku. I like her concept, but I just don't think I need three of Miku. Part of this is due to the high price of the Miku outfit releases and wigs. I can never justify the cost of the Vocaloid outfits for the two I have now, so a third just doesn't seem like a good idea.

The other thing I would say is that while they have released outfit themed wigs for Hatsune Miku, I can't recall any for Snow Miku. (Maybe I've missed something, but nothing comes to mind.) It's not like you can't find pink wigs elsewhere, but I am not sure I would expect future releases of Sakura Miku outfit with a themed pink wig if Snow Miku is any indication.

RiverR

Snow Miku has dark blue in her faceup, so I would think Volks will give Sakura Miku a face that compliments her hair and outfit.

Yes, that's what I was thinking! Personally, I think Miku and Snow Miku are similar enough that I'll just get one + the outfit of the other, but Miku with a pinker faceup will probably be irresistible haha. Ah well, just gotta wait and see!

The other thing I would say is that while they have released outfit themed wigs for Hatsune Miku, I can't recall any for Snow Miku. (Maybe I've missed something, but nothing comes to mind.) It's not like you can't find pink wigs elsewhere, but I am not sure I would expect future releases of Sakura Miku outfit with a themed pink wig if Snow Miku is any indication.

That's a good point too. Luckily, pink wigs are readily available, so I'm not too worried about that. I've heard that Miku's long twintails are a pain to keep neat, though, so an alternative wig is a must.

There's too many versions and outfits for Miku for Volks to do them all (and it would get boring if they did tbh), so I'm happy that they are at least doing Sakura Miku.

Minty

I had planned ahead when I bought wigs for my Miku twins and bought a third wig just in case, but now that she's been announced, I'm not sure if I want her. I don't need a third Miku.

I'll wait for pictures.

BeyondTime

That's a good point too. Luckily, pink wigs are readily available, so I'm not too worried about that. I've heard that Miku's long twintails are a pain to keep neat, though, so an alternative wig is a must.

There's too many versions and outfits for Miku for Volks to do them all (and it would get boring if they did tbh), so I'm happy that they are at least doing Sakura Miku.

Actually I was wrong. Crane Priestess did have a Snow Miku wig, but it was just a multi-colored variation on the twintail wig.

The thing I don't like about her twintails is the weight makes them hang down in a sort of unappealing way, and they are heavy so they drag on her head too. They look nice if you have her sitting on something flat, and curl them up into interesting poses on the surface.

The problem with her alternate wigs is they always seem to come with crazy expensive outfits, and resale on the wigs alone is too expensive. I love the look of the Ribbon Girl wig, but have no use for the expensive outfit, and won't buy the wig alone for $100+ either. Sorry a bit of a rant, I love my Mikus but the outfits are just too pricey. My Mikus share the LPC label clothes with my other girls.

They definitely release Hatune Miku outfits more often, but Snow Miku does get one occasionally and I expect Sakura Miku will too.