Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Silent

You play with dolls?

Mega Negi

I bring them to Anime Cons where I am a vendor. I let Miku hold my square reader when not in use.

does that count?

Edited by Mega Negi
  • Like 1

RobotDollOmega
On 11/10/2018 at 12:01 AM, cfx said:

I was close lol. It's been a long time for me and the F7 and F9 were the ones I remembered. I seem to recall you can tell them apart by the appearance of the side grilles or something.

OT: My interest in model railroading extended to an interest in real trains as well, as I know it does for many. I lived in a small town that had a Sante Fe depot and a very small switching yard--I think, hard to remember the details after so long and everything is long gone now. Back in the 1970s I used to go there and take photos of whatever I found. There'd often be a few cars or a locomotive or two sitting there. Quite often I got to see the rather unique CF7 locomotives:

https://web.archive.org/web/20051217013230/http://www.trainweb.org/indianashortlines/cf7.htm

If I recall they had a couple of different paint schemes for them but I know I saw ones with the "war bonnet" paint scheme like the pictures there. Some of them may have gotten the SPSF paint scheme but I don't think I ever saw any of those. I'll have to dig around I probably still have Kodachrome/Ektachrome slides of some of the stuff from back then.

Thanks for sharing the CF7! Love it when people/companies work with what they have and refurbish perfectly usable equipment.
As an engineer it disappoints me when products/machines are thrown away or scrapped just because the work needed to use them is too much.

Train history has so much to it, and I've got a lot more to study! One of the coolest issues I know of was the Brunel gauge, back when the UK was still building up its rail network and deciding on which gauge to use.

And as for playing? I love to have my Lime doll by my side, especially when I chill after a long day 😄

Janeway

Yes and dose crocheting/knit for them count. I normal have Rini sitting on the bed beside me while l crochet and late her watch anime with me. 

Devonian

For mw a good part of the fun is playing with them. Dressing them up, taking pictures, having them hang out with me while I'm on the computer. They have their own personalities and I love having them around.

evilbluepoptart
On 11/6/2018 at 6:22 AM, Monty said:

This is just my opinion and I mean no offense to those who disagree, as there isn't a 'wrong' way to participate in this hobby.. But I don't actually see the 'point' in dolls if they arent 'played' with in any way. There are a lot of collectors who like to buy them and just stick them in a display case. Many never even remove them from their original outfits. I don't think badly of people who do that or judge them in any way - but for me personally to do that, I wouldn't see the point.

Some people say 'these dolls are too expensive to risk breaking', but to me, they are too expensive to not do anything with. I'm not personally interested in a $x00 ornament, I get my moneys worth out of a DD by being able to pose them, take photos, change clothes, sit them on my desk, share pics on social media, take them out to places for more photos as a more unique memento of a particular trip (I dislike selfies/photos of myself, so dolls is how I can personalize a travel photo so that it doesnt look like any old photo off google images) If I wanted something that was just going to sit in a display case, I'd go for a figure instead - although its the lack of interactivity that a typical scale figure has that has caused me to lose interest in them in favour of dolls in recent years.

...also, I feel sorry for them when they don't get to do anything.

YES!THIS is EXACTLY how I feel too! However, I did go through a depression for several years where I became that person that just had them displayed forever and didn't do ANYTHING with them. Found out the shoulder joint in one of my girls was broken and the other stained so badly because I just stopped caring about her being in her set outfit. So I had to stain treat her and fix the other, which was nice because it forced me to remember how much I LOVE them. So now they're all good but yeah! I never want to go through that again, because these dolls cost me an arm and a leg to buy, so I will enjoy them and care for them well!

April

My dolls spend most of their time just on a shelf. Not because I don't love them of want to play with them, but because I have a 1 year old, 4 year old and a job that keeps me pretty busy most of the time! 

When I have some downtime I'll sit and redress them or sort through their stuff (I'm a bit of an organisational freak haha) and when I get chance I'll take pictures 

It's not as often as I would but my dolls still give me joy even when they are just on their shelves!