Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

galatia9

Dollfie Dream F3

galatia9

I received an email from Volks USA showing details of the DD F3 body. It looks very intriguing!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Moon-to-Starlight

I did, as well. I'm very excited!... And glad that I had not already purchased a body for the head I have on it's way!

darlingdeers

Didn't get a email for it but saw it on both the international sites. Finally releasing DDP bodies on the sites including the new frame! So exciting... I've been waiting for them!

galatia9

It does look much more posable, especially in the upper torso.

Linda S.

galatia9

UnderOrange

My DDS Karin is on the f3 body and I really love it! I can't do comparisons because she's my first DD, but if you'd like me to try stuff out for you just lemme know!

Kymera

I remember there were some issues with the DD3 frame when it was first released (cracked shoulder and hip sockets). Are there any indications of similar issues with the F3 frame? Or is it maybe too soon?

I'm going to buy a DDS body for my DD09 next year, and I'm debating which frame to get. I would definitely love to see pictures of how it poses.

Edited by Guest

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

galatia9

I am wondering when the F3 frame will be standard to all DDs.

Linda S.

galatia9

foo
I remember there were some issues with the DD3 frame when it was first released (cracked shoulder and hip sockets). Are there any indications of similar issues with the F3 frame? Or is it maybe too soon?

The original DD3 bodies had outright design flaws, the thickness of the plastic they used for the shoulders/hip joints was too thin for the amount of force they needed to support, and so they cracked. There hasn't been any such issues with the f3 frames (the DDP bodies use f3 frames).

People have had issues such as loose sockets (arms falling off), but there's not enough data to say that it's a design flaw vs. a bad one-off. It's also unfamiliar, one of the things is that the stuff clicks into place now; I had Iori's arm falling off (and her hand falling out) but then made an effort to make sure to push things in place until I felt a click, and then it's been fine.

If you have a choice between DD3 and f3, go f3! It's a wonderful frame, it's more flexible, poses smoothly, no squeaking sounds as you move stuff, and well DD3 parts are going to get more scarce from here on out.

I am wondering when the F3 frame will be standard to all DDs.

The Saber and Jeanne d'Arc pre-orders were for f3 bodies, and the f3 standard bodies and f3 standard models (MDD through DDdy) are available now on the Volks Japan store. So... pretty much now I don't they'll be releasing any more DD3 limited dolls.

cfx

The likely won't.

Only Doll Point and online still sell non-f3 parts, according to a post on one of the Volks blogs or twitter.

Some parts are already out of stock on both Volks Japan and USA though Japan is saying "will be restocked" on everything. How long they're available though who knows. Volks Japan has only one SW DDS body in stock, as you can see from the drop-down box to select quantity.

Disadvantage to f3 is the ~4000 yen price increase.

Kymera
If you have a choice between DD3 and f3, go f3! It's a wonderful frame, it's more flexible, poses smoothly, no squeaking sounds as you move stuff, and well DD3 parts are going to get more scarce from here on out.

@foo Thanks! It's really reassuring to hear that Volks has learned from the past.

Now I'm really excited! I'll definitely put the extra money for the f3. I'm a sucker for good mobility. (I don't want to wait until tax time. I have so many plans!)

It only works out to about $36 USD, which doesn't seem that bad, considering how different the new frame is. I don't think it will stop most buyers.

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

cfx

It only works out to about $36 USD, which doesn't seem that bad, considering how different the new frame is. I don't think it will stop most buyers.

Probably true in general.

It's a big deal to me though; this hobby is already very expensive for me, and personally I'm not seeing anything changed in the new body that I care about, and I'm seeing disadvantages like, so far, no more one-piece torsos. Maybe they'll make those eventually but I'm not counting on it.

UnderOrange

Here are some poses I did with Ayane. As I said, she's on the DDS-f3 body. I apologize, I have no idea what kind of poses would be useful!

30986677587_056f94d2ea.jpg

45876041432_9acbb06673.jpg

45013186855_94173460e4.jpg

I was especially impressed with her balance, she's not touching the wall at all in this one:

45013188295_baaa5e5e9f.jpg

If there's anything specific you want to see, let me know. And you may be interested to know the older style S bust fit on her with no problem. (i accidentally forgot she might need a special f3 piece and lucked out!) In these pictures she still has her original M bust though.

foo

Ok, now I really want to replace Melty's one-piece torso with an f3 body. That doesn't count as buying a new doll, right?

right?

BeyondTime

Ok, now I really want to replace Melty's one-piece torso with an f3 body. That doesn't count as buying a new doll, right?

right?

Sounds like maintenance to me.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sinclair

And if it's a DDS M one piece bust in NS, I know a girl that would take it.

As for poses, it might be more helpful to have a F3 and DDIII body side by side doing the same pose to see what the differences would be.

Anna-neko

guys help me out here... so base-3 busts work with F3 as well... but what about uni-torso pieces? Can that switch over from base-3, or will F3 have their own variant and I'm just overthinking this

cfx

Uni-torsos aren't compatible, and Wolf has checked and the f3 frame won't fit into the existing uni-torso skin.

As of yet Volks hasn't announced f3 uni-torsos. Either they'll come later when they make a licensed doll with a bare-midriff outfit, or they will remain discontinued. This is an issue I'm concerned about. OTOH they haven't yet made some additional parts that something hasn't required them for; i.e. DDP is now sold as a base body, but still only has one bust size.

Put another way, if you really want a girl to have the one-piece body, safest plan of action is to get her the existing parts to make that now. Volks Japan is already out of M-bust DD3 uni-torsos though they claim they will be restocked, and Volks USA only has 3 NS DD3 ones (I checked by trying to order more).

Anna-neko

thank you CFX! I thought saw it somewhere about the unitorso, but couldn't remember....

It's almost a safe bet they will make it for F3 eventually, if they keep doing more IdolMaster girls, as those cute outfits do need it

oooh or maybe super wishful thinking and they do more F/GO outfits and Rin as Ishtar will absolutely need a new body piece ....

BeyondTime

Rin as Ishtar will absolutely need a new body piece ....

This!!!

--

I want to qualify that my testing with the F3 frame into the DDS Unitorso was limited by by unwillingness to risk damaging Makoto's default torso, and also the possibility that I might not be able to get the only DDS F3 spine I have in my possession back out of the torso.

I suspect you could get it in, but you would have to grease it up first, and use a hairdryer.

The big problem with getting it in is the inability to remove it to tension it as needed.

I think Volks can make a unitorso for F3 no problem, but it will have a wider waist more on par with an SDGr. I think they should do it, if they make Asusa Miura with her Pink Diamond outfit she's going to need it. The top on her outfit is almost a bikini top. They could make her Ryuuguu Komachi set, but if they were going to go that route I would expect Iori would have come with that outfit, and not Pink Diamond.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo

I don't see the rush to get an f3 frame on a one-piece torso though, unless you're just intending to buy a new body? The extra pose-ability with the f3 frame is lost on the one-piece torso, unless you want to get creative with the legs

BeyondTime
I don't see the rush to get an f3 frame on a one-piece torso though, unless you're just intending to buy a new body? The extra pose-ability with the f3 frame is lost on the one-piece torso, unless you want to get creative with the legs

For me personally it's because I like the look of the hip and shoulder joints. They have a more natural curve. The posability of the spine would be lost, but that's less a factor for me. It may be an important factor for Volks, and a reason for them not to make that part anymore.

They could just make a different spine, but that means an additional production process for the alternate frame. I think nowadays businesses want to avoid that cost when possible.

jazijaz

Is it possible to get a DDS unitorso with the F3 legs and arms? I want the unitorso because it makes the body look smaller than the regular body and I need a smaller body that's not a DDP

BeyondTime
Is it possible to get a DDS unitorso with the F3 legs and arms? I want the unitorso because it makes the body look smaller than the regular body and I need a smaller body that's not a DDP

Unfortunately the hip part of the frame is constructed completely differently. I believe the arm sockets are as well, but I haven't looked at them in awhile so can't say that's 100% certain.

jazijaz

Unfortunately the hip part of the frame is constructed completely differently. I believe the arm sockets are as well, but I haven't looked at them in awhile so can't say that's 100% certain.

Thank you!! you saved me a painful surprise.

jazijaz

Does anyone know any significant difference in terms of poseability between the new and old bodies? like something the new body can do that the old one can't. I got the f3 body and I see no difference at all, the old body can do everything I tried on the new body, the joints feel more sturdy but I would expect that from any new body. I actually dislike the ankle/feet ball joints because on the old body I could rotate them and hide that gap/hole in the ball, now it's completely visible whenever my girl wears high heels and it bothers me so much. I tried to rotate them but I couldn't and I don't want to force it and break it.