Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
cfx

Volks News 82

sinclair

Denim jackets and skirts! I'm so in for those. The couch would be nice too as it's white and cloth. The only other thing that catches my eyes I can't ever get as it's not a separate sale.

51706768_2201547013238530_5691597610192732160_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.fna&oh=51cc83212161f917905e45be05b0fbec&oe=5D270A9A

I want that lingerie (A girl can never have too much.).

Gunter

@Sinclair

If you are planning to get the lingerie for a DD it will not fit and they will look ridiculous. SD10 are very thicc. Your girls will be utterly swimming in it.

Side note: All I'm interested in is another chance for Liese. We'll see how that goes. oTL

Edited by Guest

BeyondTime

Happily there isn't much that I want here, so my wallet has some downtime.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sinclair
@Sinclair

If you are planning to get the lingerie for a DD it will not fit and they will look ridiculous. SD10 are very thicc. Your girls will be utterly swimming in it.

Figures as much.

Gianni_Lomabrdi_93

So many cool stuff! I will save my wallet for another time as I just payed fro Sailor Mercury last night and bough Shibuya Rin last month

BeyondTime
<3 So many cool stuff! I will save my wallet for another time as I just payed fro Sailor Mercury last night and bough Shibuya Rin last month

Gratz, Shiburin is awesome. Her wig cap is black though and it stains. Get her a protective cap from Volks or Coolcats.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Hollytastic

It's disappointing to not learn anything about the DD re-releases.

I'd been holding off on buying secondhand until I heard something...

Personally, I would also love to see Miki!

I'm probably dreaming, but I'd like to see Arle too. >_>

cfx

Yeah I'm in a holding pattern waiting to see what will be rereleased because I don't know what I should be looking for aftermarket.

Beani
Yeah I'm in a holding pattern waiting to see what will be rereleased because I don't know what I should be looking for aftermarket.

I’m feeling the same way and honestly hate it. There’s only one girl I am dying for on aftermarket (Kud) but even with a very low chance of rerelease I just can’t bring myself to pay her going rate when there is a tiny chance she may rerelease (though really Arle seems most likely for MDD). Especially since I’d have to get rid of her old body and pay even more for a new MDD or DDP one.

The February Volks News always is a bit of a disappointment for the DD crowd. Hoping for nice surprises in the next one for Tokyo Dolpa.

BeyondTime

I suspect given how unexpected some of the initial re-releases have been, that waiting is a very wise course.

I have my fingers crossed for Miki, and Arle, so you guys can have a chance at them without paying double or triple.

sinclair
I wanted to see whether anyone was discussing the VN82 free shipping campaign but as of this writing, it's already out of stock.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=10667

It snuck up on us this time. Usually Volks is good at letting you know before hand that they will do the free shipping. But this time I didn't get a notice about it until after it had started. So I ordered one about an hour after getting the email. They still had it then, so I should be getting it early next week. But yes, they always sell out fast which is why I look for the free shipping notice so I can get it at the beginning.

BeyondTime

I rather like the jean jackets, and the other stuff pictured along with them for DDP and SDGr. I think Lady Oscar might be getting a three piece suit too. Since they list SD16, and she's a small bust SD16 I think it will work.

Then there is that chair. I think I am finally going to go after a piece of Volks furniture.

Did the last love seat get lotteried by Volks USA?

Monty

Since no one posted the online version:

https://volks.meclib.jp/DM82/book/index.html#target/page_no=1

The next issue is confirmed for early April, and as April 1st is a Monday I hope it’s then. If it is, we can expect to hopefully see new DDs or hear news by March 29th - although, there was no teaser for Luna and Lieselotte, so if there is a rerelease it may be a secret until the issue is out as well. I still expect Sakura Miku will get teased, unless she’s going to be some irregular release like Yuriko and be revealed at a DD Gathering. I’m just rambling anyway.

cfx

Issue is now online:

https://volks.meclib.jp/DM82/book/index.html#target/page_no=1

I rather like the jean jackets, and the other stuff pictured along with them for DDP and SDGr. I think Lady Oscar might be getting a three piece suit too. Since they list SD16, and she's a small bust SD16 I think it will work.

I at one point wanted the previous gray version of that suit for my Luka, but I didn't want to make her a DDdy and I figured it wouldn't really fit that well anyway.

Some random comments:

Page 31 - I want the Fresh Tight Suit and perhaps the Fresh Stylish Suit; the latter is a bit weird with the 3/4 length sleeves, but that also means it should work nicely on a DDS with their shorter arms. Makoto would need a suit after all...

Page 36 - SB-SD-226! Finally low-heel plain black pumps, which previously AFAIK the only ones Volks has made are the ones that came with Saber Lily. I wish they'd make red ones too; my Luka needs those.

Pages 68-69 - This seems to be a rather odd The Best Selection Designers Collection rerelease. It's item #2 from the voting page:

https://www.superdollfie.net/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/02dress/

Twilight Dream may be the same, but Moon Shadow and Eternal Rose clearly changed colors and materials.

Page 70 - I like the larger denim jacket, but it's not sized for DD.

Page 77 - I want the qipao. Have wanted one for a while but hadn't found one I liked before. That it's for SS/S busts is even better; something Miku or eventually Chihaya can wear.

BeyondTime

Page 31 - I want the Fresh Tight Suit and perhaps the Fresh Stylish Suit; the latter is a bit weird with the 3/4 length sleeves, but that also means it should work nicely on a DDS with their shorter arms. Makoto would need a suit after all...

If you mean Makoto Kikuchi, I think that look would look cute on her. She really needs a suit with pants, but imo she rocks anything that isn't a Lolita style outfit.

I plan to go for it, and I can try it on a DD, but I suspect that it's going to be way too big in the shoulders.

Page 77 - I want the qipao. Have wanted one for a while but hadn't found one I liked before. That it's for SS/S busts is even better; something Miku or eventually Chihaya can wear.

They would both look good in that.

Needless to say I want all the iM@S stuff on page 74. I wonder if they are hinting at an Anzu release, but the cute idols I really want to see Volks make are Nana Abe, Miku Maekawa, and Frederica Miyamoto.

I like the jeans outfits on the opposite page. I'm really trying to get more stuff for DDP too. Like in the USA lottery this time I entered for three pairs of shoes in DDP size.

cfx

If you mean Makoto Kikuchi, I think that look would look cute on her. She really needs a suit with pants, but imo she rocks anything that isn't a Lolita style outfit.

Yeah her. If Miki or Ranio don't get rereleases where I can get them I will probably get Makoto; might get her anyway.

I plan to go for it, and I can try it on a DD, but I suspect that it's going to be way too big in the shoulders.

Yeah and I'm picky about fit; I'm unhappy with some things Volks claims fit that in my view don't.

Needless to say I want all the iM@S stuff on page 74. I wonder if they are hinting at an Anzu release, but the cute idols I really want to see Volks make are Nana Abe, Miku Maekawa, and Frederica Miyamoto.

I think those things are just at the actual Dolpa? Maybe you can get them with a proxy. Here's a page on the stuff:

https://www.volks.co.jp/cinderella_girls/information/

Frederica is part of LiPPS whom Danny has basically admitted he's making all of though whether that affects who Volks chooses to make I have no idea, and who knows how many years it will take him to get around to all of them.

Some of the DDP stuff has interested me but since I never decided if I'm eventually getting Yayoi I haven't wanted to start buying clothing or shoes. I was going to get her and decided I had too many plans that were going to cost me too much so tried to trim my DD want list down to what I wanted most which was basically Takane, Chihaya, Miki, Ranko and Makoto and perhaps the first Asuna for a non-iM@S DD.

BeyondTime

I think those things are just at the actual Dolpa? Maybe you can get them with a proxy. Here's a page on the stuff:

Looks like webstore too.

Frederica is part of LiPPS whom Danny has basically admitted he's making all of though whether that affects who Volks chooses to make I have no idea, and who knows how many years it will take him to get around to all of them.

Frederica is a logical follow up to Shiki, oh if only Danny wasn't well... Danny.

I was going to get her and decided I had too many plans that were going to cost me too much so tried to trim my DD want list down to what I wanted most which was basically Takane, Chihaya, Miki, Ranko and Makoto and perhaps the first Asuna for a non-iM@S DD.

I think the big drawback to Yayoi is getting a doll that needs her own set of outfits that won't fit any of the other dolls you plan to get. Right down to socks and underwear, she could share nothing with the others on your list.

She is pretty awesome though.

cfx

Looks like webstore too.

Great if so. I was thinking about previous IM@S items like a tour t-shirt that were only at some Idolmaster event (I think, not really sure) that I know sell for an outrageous amount now when I see it on Mandarake.

I was going to get her and decided I had too many plans that were going to cost me too much so tried to trim my DD want list down to what I wanted most which was basically Takane, Chihaya, Miki, Ranko and Makoto and perhaps the first Asuna for a non-iM@S DD.

I think the big drawback to Yayoi is getting a doll that needs her own set of outfits that won't fit any of the other dolls you plan to get. Right down to socks and underwear, she could share nothing with the others on your list.

She is pretty awesome though.

That was part of why I decided against her. I have enough clothing now that I have a wardrobe that can be shared by any further dolls where the only clothing I'd need to get is if there's any character-specific outfit or something I want everyone to have like jeans. It's a good/bad think that I haven't liked most of the extra outfits Volks has released for Vocaloid and iM@S so the good is I don't need to buy them and the bad is I don't get to have canon outfits for the girls.

Judging DDP outfit compatibility with Volks outfits is hard too. New outfits tell you of course, but with older ones it's a crapshoot. Anything with pants isn't going to fit as the lower part of the body is too different compared to MDD, which also means there are no jeans or slacks for DDP currently. Volks only made the one extra official outfit set for Yayoi and Iori and it's another I don't really like. I'm iffy on the pink outfits because I think the material looks cheap and the ones for these two dolls really look bad to me based on pictures. I know that material is hard to sew because it probably creeps, but the stitching on the overalls around that pocket thing on the front looks really sloppy in user pictures I've seen.

BeyondTime
I'm iffy on the pink outfits because I think the material looks cheap and the ones for these two dolls really look bad to me based on pictures. I know that material is hard to sew because it probably creeps, but the stitching on the overalls around that pocket thing on the front looks really sloppy in user pictures I've seen.

I don't think those pink outfits are going to age well over the long term. Takane's also needs something to secure it in front or it just doesn't stay closed.

One a separate note on those Pink House outfits that cost $500. Oscar's dress just arrived, and it's a $300 dress for sure. I suspect that those Pink House collabs are going to be unreal in terms of how nice they are.

I seriously need some girl power right now. I've spent the last 40 minutes trying to figure out how to get this dress folded up back in it's box without ruining in. XD

RainbowNanaki

I'm mostly excited that the DD skinny jeans are coming back!!!

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

sinclair

Since no one else answered this I will. Yes, Volks USA had them in the lottery. They all sold, but I don't remember if it was in the lottery, or if they also made it to the after lottery sale, but they they did go fast.

And I didn't notice the jean jacket wasn't for DDs. But I'll get one anyway! Girls look cute in jackets that are a little too big for them.

BeyondTime

Since no one else answered this I will. Yes, Volks USA had them in the lottery. They all sold, but I don't remember if it was in the lottery, or if they also made it to the after lottery sale, but they they did go fast.

And I didn't notice the jean jacket wasn't for DDs. But I'll get one anyway! Girls look cute in jackets that are a little too big for them.

Thank you, I got so lucky in the USA lottery this time that I am not sure I will be as lucky again so soon. I really need to start setting up a photo diorama though, and those cushions are white so they should be DD safe.

sinclair

That's my thoughts too, white is safe. Plus I'm really not a fan of leather, so the white cloth is much more desirable. And with 8 girls, I'm sure they'd love a new couch to hang out on.