Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

Gunter

I totally feel we need this thread.  Lets talk about Volks resin/bjd dolls~ Everything is game.   

~~~~~

I am really excited to try for Lies! I really like Luna too, but she's a bit too duckface for me.  They both have really lovely sets even though I'm pretty sure if I got Lies I'd sell that dress. I do think there is no way I'm going to win her.  She's always so hard to win cause of the sheer volume of people entering.  I wish everyone luck who goes for either Lies or Luna! 

Edited by Gunter

RoseEtoile

I own a customized Volks Emma! I would take a photo but she's in undies haha. I love Volks dolls so much though, I already own an SD10 Suwariko body as well that I've hybrided with a Fairyland 2012 head too. I want to collect a few more!

Monty

My only SD is Finn, my SDCute Renee. Still waffling on changing his eyes. But I really really love SDCutes and hope for more releases soon, cos Finn needs a friend.

I dont understand why Volks neglect the Cute line so much :c

D0fTJ5CVYAAeC6_.jpg

• Like 3

c4tbus

ahh! @Monty your renee is so cute! i love that styling! i agree that sdcute has been totally neglected. there are so few of them floating around and it is such a good style.

i have two sds, one yo and one sdm. the yo is a yosd dai, i call him shidataro peppercorn and he is a naughty boy, and the sdm is a sunlight (i guess tan now) f-42 from the usa fcs! her name is ginkgo and here she is in the most recent photo i took of her.

8EB22E8B-323B-4563-8F29-097413D65154.jpeg

• Like 1

milkytea

This thread reminds me that it's been too long since I took pictures of any of my dolls... I have an SD Nono, SD Miruku, MSD F-12, and YoTenshi Una.

It's been years, but they're still in these outfits. ♥ 

27100763980_8249907c49_z.jpg

toughstermcg

@milkytea They're lovely! Nono and Kurumi/Miruku are two of the Volks molds I've been making eyes at forever and probably won't ever get....but they're still special to me @onion8@

I've never really shared my resin dolls on here before, but here's a quick picture I took of my Volkses for the SD 20th anniversary thing on twitter a few weeks back, MSD Yui (on a BlueFairy body, shh) and SDC Arashi on MSD swarriko

792YX3y.png[

Stinkerbell
On 3/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, Gunter said:

I totally feel we need this thread.  Lets talk about Volks resin/bjd dolls~ Everything is game.   

~~~~~

I am really excited to try for Lies! I really like Luna too, but she's a bit too duckface for me.  They both have really lovely sets even though I'm pretty sure if I got Lies I'd sell that dress. I do think there is no way I'm going to win her.  She's always so hard to win cause of the sheer volume of people entering.  I wish everyone luck who goes for either Lies or Luna! 

I put in for both but, really want Lies! What if I win both... I imagine that doesn't occur though, does it? I hope not as I can't afford both! I like Lies better though. Good luck back atcha!! 

Gunter

@Stinkerbell

It totally does happen, but I feel it is very rare.  Lies seems to have a lower win-rate than Luna.  Luna seems about 50 win / 50 lose, and Lies is about... 40 win / 60 lose . 

We'll have to wait for next friday to see what happens! Fingers crossed. 

Oh and if you do end up with both, believe me, it'll be pretty darn easy to pass one on. 

Edited by Gunter

Stinkerbell
28 minutes ago, Gunter said:

@Stinkerbell

It totally does happen, but I feel it is very rare.  Lies seems to have a lower win-rate than Luna.  Luna seems about 50 win / 50 lose, and Lies is about... 40 win / 60 lose . 

We'll have to wait for next friday to see what happens! Fingers crossed. 

Oh and if you do end up with both, believe me, it'll be pretty darn easy to pass one on. 

That's what I figure... 1 more week! Good luck!!

Stinkerbell

Only 5 more days to hear if any of us won a Lies or Luna!! I'm saving my pennies... more like millions of dollars! Be sure to post if you got 1 or not. If so, it's another long wait until we get them home! >< 

If I don't get 1 I'm going to get another body for my DDH-10 or something... hmmm

Gunter

I did enter but we'll see. I have a acquaintance who may sell me hers (she won via international) but I'd have to pay a much higher price for her. So here hoping I win...

• Like 1

Stinkerbell

I won Luna... I really wanted Lieslotte as 1st choice but, just happy to get my 1st SDGR. Very happy with Luna!

PS Maybe someone will want to trade down the line?

Edited by Stinkerbell

Linnette

I love this thread!

I have an intense interest for Volks SDs and I own 3 of them myself. I am always dreaming of a Lieselotte but her price is a bit too steep for me. I am always on the lookout for the older more unique sculpts like Nono and Mimi, I don't mind a challenge with yellowing and broken parts:D

Gunter

@Stinkerbell

First off, congrats! Second, Luna and Lies are both on the SD10 body if I remember correctly.  Not SDGrG.  Their price would have been much higher if they were on that body. If you look at previous released you'll see they all exceed $1k. 

@Linnette

I think the older molds are equally gorgeous. I'm always trying to find a SwD Kira and SwD Nono.  I really adore those molds.  I just sold my Mimi, but she was really amazing too. I just didn't want to wipe her gorgeous face-up so I decided to pass her on. Now, I do not like the original SD10 body. XD

~~~~

No Lies for me, which is fine.  I'm bummed, but oh well. 

Linnette
20 hours ago, Stinkerbell said:

I won Luna... I really wanted Lieslotte as 1st choice but, just happy to get my 1st SDGR. Very happy with Luna!

PS Maybe someone will want to trade down the line?

Congrats on winning Luna!!

Stinkerbell
8 hours ago, Gunter said:

@Stinkerbell

First off, congrats! Second, Luna and Lies are both on the SD10 body if I remember correctly.  Not SDGrG.  Their price would have been much higher if they were on that body. If you look at previous released you'll see they all exceed $1k. 

@Linnette

I think the older molds are equally gorgeous. I'm always trying to find a SwD Kira and SwD Nono.  I really adore those molds.  I just sold my Mimi, but she was really amazing too. I just didn't want to wipe her gorgeous face-up so I decided to pass her on. Now, I do not like the original SD10 body. XD

~~~~

No Lies for me, which is fine.  I'm bummed, but oh well. 

Thanks Gunter~ I am very sorry you didn't get your girl... trust me I am grateful a I never win anything! What an fool I am thinking SDGR, I realize now when looking at their promo I mistook the statement "SD girl" etc. for the wrong model. 

toppz1008

Thank you for starting this thread, here is my only super dollfie Ami SD16. 

TOP_9167-01.jpeg

• Like 5

Gunter

@Stinkerbell

It is okay. I'mma go pick up a Beth March instead I think.  

@toppz1008

Ah I love Ami~ <3 I had one for a short while, but me and the SD16 body aren't the best of friends.  Her sculpt is really cute though which really stands out in the line up of mature ladies on the SD16 line (though I love almost all of them).

• Thanks 1

Stinkerbell
20 hours ago, Linnette said:

Congrats on winning Luna!!

Thank you Linnette! I had to bribe my husband to pay for her! I'd love to see your girls. 

Gunter

I got my Beth in today and she's so lovely.  I feel very much okay now with losing Lies. Also I loooooove the SDGrG body. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Linnette

OMG your Beth is so beautiful! I think the SDGr body is a sort of grail body for me, if there exists such a thing. Shame the second hand prices for the body is still so high, even for the older bodies. Your Beth is so elegant and I absolutely adore her face up.

• Like 1

Mothiraffe

Y'all seen this?? Super Dollfie x Disney Princess!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

cfx

[I didn't know whether to start a new thread for this, but I feel like it really deserves its own topic...]

The first Disney Princess is now shown, Rapunzel; price is 115,000 yen:

https://www.volks.co.jp/disney/

Edited by cfx

Lynn

Thank God its just Rapunzel. If it were Belle, I would have been in so much trouble. Belle would have been "must have" and I really can't afford her right now.

Monty

@Lynn Volks actually did make a one-off Belle for D3 Expo last year. It sounds like they’re making a whole line of Disney princesses and not just Rapunzel, but I don’t know if they have plans to make the ones they’ve already made as one-offs or not (Cinderella, Belle, Ariel...any others??) It would be a shame if they didn’t cos the Ariel was so cute...

The most interesting thing about Rapunzel to me is that she’s a new skin colour, Pure Skin Pinkish Fair. I like it a lot better than the regular Fair (formally ‘normal’) skin with the slight yellow tinge to it. The second most interesting thing is that she had a lottery period -before- Dolpa, and winners have the option to either pick her up early at Dolpa or have her ship at the end of December (ie before the after event even starts). I imagine this is a method of cutting down on scalpers but it means people have less than a month to decide on her as opposed to the usual month before Dolpa and then extra month for after event...

edit: 3rd most interesting thing is ‘longest wig in SD history’, 88cm!

Edited by Monty