Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I don’t know if they have plans to make the ones they’ve already made as one-offs or not (Cinderella, Belle, Ariel...any others??) It would be a shame if they didn’t cos the Ariel was so cute...

I'd think they will probably make them with the same sculpts, but a different outfit than the ones released for the charity auction.

Belle would be my must have, and Rapunzel is very cute.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

hats

They've already done a one-off Rapunzel for D23 before with a much more elaborate version of her dress (and I think a different sculpt?). So I think we'd still have a good chance that the other girls already done for D23 would get released eventually.

Lynn

That earlier release of Belle was completely unknown to me, I actually had to Google it... And as I saw her, I understood why. To me, she doesn't look like Belle at all. I have ignored her quite succesfully. XD Volks has to do a lot better than that, If they want me to buy her. Especially with that kind of price. 

Monty
16 hours ago, Lynn said:

That earlier release of Belle was completely unknown to me, I actually had to Google it... And as I saw her, I understood why. To me, she doesn't look like Belle at all. I have ignored her quite succesfully. XD Volks has to do a lot better than that, If they want me to buy her. Especially with that kind of price. 

It wasn't a release, it was a one-off doll for charity auction. And I was surprised to just learn that being one of those one-off auction dolls doesn't rule them out after all - apparently there actually was a one-off Rapunzel back in 2013, which used the Lieselotte sculpt. You can see how different she looks!

http://www.tenshinokichi.com/2019/01/07/lieselotte/#ood2313 

I think their one-off version of Belle was definitely more polished than that 2013 Rapunzel, but it does mean that Belle could still happen and if she does she may look different.

Cthem

I really want that Super Dollfie Rapunzel. 

I hear that lottery for SD is much worse than DD though? She’s also going to be sold at Disney store. I see that she’s listed at Disneystore with “sales period”. Is it too much to hope that it’s not a click war 😂

katnaper

She's cute and I would love to see more of the other Disney Princesses but I'm safe so far unless they make Snow White...😆

Edited by katnaper

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Lynn

Now I am bewildered! That one-off Rapunzel looked gorgeous, thank you for showing her, Monty! And don't take me wrong, I really like the new Rapunzel as well, it's looking great. I hope Volks makes just as beautiful Belle too, but a little bit later. I have to save up for her.

cfx

Page on Rapunzel is here:

https://www.volks.co.jp/disney/sdgrrapunzel.html

Was that already up? When I posted the main Volks Disney Princess page before, that Rapunzel link over the book wasn't there for me, but maybe I was just having a website issue, so all I saw was the single picture on that main page.

Is it a bit odd that she has the high-heel feet, but is shown shoe-less in most of the pictures?

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, cfx said:

Was that already up?

It's been up for a few days.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

growcian
40 minutes ago, cfx said:

One thought I had was if and when she needs a replacement wig, are there any super long ones which would work for SD heads? However, the wig included with her is DD-sized so that's how big her head is. While it would require some styling to get the shape right, I know super long wigs exist for DD sized heads.

I have no idea what prompted Volks to go with the equivalent of a DD head size for Rapunzel.

40 minutes ago, cfx said:

Is it a bit odd that she has the high-heel feet, but is shown shoe-less in most of the pictures?

There's a bit at the bottom (in Japanese) of the page which states:

"The items included along with the product are only those shown in the 'set contents'. Does not include heel feet parts."

Edited by growcian

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx
19 minutes ago, growcian said:

I have no idea what prompted Volks to go with the equivalent of a DD head size for Rapunzel.

I noticed the mention of the DD size wig as well. Maybe it's the aesthetic they wanted here, for her to not have a huge head? Since I don't know much about Volks SDs I have no idea if there are other SDs like this.

In general Volks isn't concerned about wig replacements for dolls with unique hairstyles, since AFAIK the original Miku release in Japan was the only time they offered some kind of program to get a spare wig.

21 minutes ago, growcian said:

There's a bit at the bottom (in Japanese) of the page which states:

"The items included along with the product are only those shown in the 'set contents'. Does not include heel feet parts."

I see it now on the English page too. It's bizarre they show her that way, especially barefoot because it's like she's standing on her toes. It explains why I didn't think those pumps were the high heel type though.

The other thing, and it's another I may be completely wrong about, but I thought SDs (or at least SD16s) that came with the high heel feet only came with those parts anyway, and if you wanted the flat feet as well then you bought them separately.

BeyondTime
On 11/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, cfx said:

The other thing, and it's another I may be completely wrong about, but I thought SDs (or at least SD16s) that came with the high heel feet only came with those parts anyway, and if you wanted the flat feet as well then you bought them separately.

I suspect they used a mock-up on an SDGr heeled feet body in addition to one on the flat feet body, because it made the photo look nice. 

Belldandy came with both heeled and flat feet, but the flat feet are a whole leg swap, and you have to restring her to do it. It’s not like SD16 where you can just swap the lower leg, but even there you have to release the tension on the elastic. Pretty sure that doesn’t require restringing on SD16, but I haven’t tried yet. 

It’s possible they will sell the heeled feet as an extra along with hands. 

Edited by BeyondTime

Riesz

Oh wow, I wonder if they'll make Jasmine... she'd be so gorgeous as a dollfie.

• Like 1

SakuraSylph

SD girl releases frequently use "DD size"-specified wigs, so that aspect of Rapunzel is typical.

SakuraSylph

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Monigue makes some great wigs that would work as kind-of replacements; they don't make any 8-9 wigs that are 34 inches but their construction is very similar to her wig in how realistic they are; the hand tied parting and wefts under the cap would enable you to style it in a similar way to Rapunzel, and the hair is so luxurious and shiny. Personally I would rather have the wig look accurate in construction and shape but half the length, instead of a super long wig that doesn't look as realistic as her stock hair lol I find that most BJD wigs without bangs look a bit too 'wiggy' for my taste, Monique Wigs and Volks stock wigs being the only exceptions.

I think the 8-9 Ginger wig would work really well for Rapunzel, Monique wigs also get super long in the larger sizes (disproportionally so; an 8-9 Pretty Girl wig is like twice the length of the 7-8 version for example), it won't be as long as the stock wig but everything else would match pretty perfectly, so it would make for a nice travel wig that still has the look of Rapunzel's wig, without being as finicky as nearly 35 inches of hair lol. 

I really hope they make another Ariel! I prefer SDM sized resins but for Ariel I might make an exception, she's my favorite Disney character ever and I have quite the little collection of Ariel dolls. 

Edited by Serena-Hime

Meowjima

I only own one SD, an older model that I bought to work on.  I really didn't think I'd like her face-up in the original seller's pictures, but it looks nicer in person.  The head is a Michael head, but I honestly have no idea what body she has (seller said it was released around 2006-2007).

75564663_2877193598966327_2966756425012871168_n.jpg

monkeypizzasonic

spacer.pngspacer.png

Here are my Volks resin kids - a sunlight f-17 boy and an Alice I got at Doll Party NYC.

(Speaking of Disney characters, I've sworn off buying any more resin bjds over msd size but if they make an Elsa I'm screwed...maybe they'll make a yo-sd kid Elsa/Anna as well?)

BeyondTime
On 11/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, Serena-Hime said:

I really hope they make another Ariel! I prefer SDM sized resins but for Ariel I might make an exception, she's my favorite Disney character ever and I have quite the little collection of Ariel dolls. 

I'm surprised it wasn't Elsa & Anna to be honest. The timing would have been perfect.

Elsa would be my one other Disney Princess must have after Belle. If they did Elsa & Anna together I'd get both, but I really love Elsa's character concept.

Ariel would be third for me, she's pretty awesome, and done right she'd be pretty cool. Petty sure the one-off they did came with full legs, but her sculpt wasn't original, it was Jun Tachibana.

https://myanimeshelf.com/figures/2090883_Super_Dollfie_Graffiti_Ariel

Edited by BeyondTime

growcian
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm surprised it wasn't Elsa & Anna to be honest. The timing would have been perfect.

Having a discussion with another doll collector offline, we were trying to guess which character would get announced. I guessed Elsa, he guessed Rapunzel.

After I obsessed over how the hell he was able to guess correctly, he told me to let it go.

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Mizuumi-no-Otome
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Elsa would be my one other Disney Princess must have after Belle. If they did Elsa & Anna together I'd get both, but I really love Elsa's character concept.

Ariel would be third for me, she's pretty awesome, and done right she'd be pretty cool. Petty sure the one-off they did came with full legs, but her sculpt wasn't original, it was Jun Tachibana.

https://myanimeshelf.com/figures/2090883_Super_Dollfie_Graffiti_Ariel

I'd bet good money that Anna and Elsa will be coming fairly soon if not the very next dolls, I wonder which outfits they'll go for! 

Yeah I know they did preexisting sculpts for the one-offs, I really hope for something better for Ariel- the sculpt they used was nice, but was also sort of missing something imo. 

Beani
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Elsa and Anna are not part of the Disney Princess brand so I’d be surprised to see them in this line. Disney seems to do their best to keep them away from the title.

Saying that, I would still love to see what Volks does with Elsa.  

Edited by Beani

BeyondTime
On 11/25/2019 at 4:27 AM, Beani said:

Elsa and Anna are not part of the Disney Princess brand so I’d be surprised to see them in this line. Disney seems to do their best to keep them away from the title.

Saying that, I would still love to see what Volks does with Elsa.  

Had no idea they weren't Disney Princesses. Odd, seeing as how they are both princesses. I wonder if that will change with the new movie?

I did a bit of digging, and it looks like they didn't join, because the movie was so successful they spawned their own franchise.

https://disneyprincess.fandom.com/wiki/Elsa

https://gemr.com/blog/are-frozens-elsa-and-anna-actually-disney-princesses/

Edited by BeyondTime

Mizuumi-no-Otome
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Had no idea they weren't Disney Princesses. Odd, seeing as how they are both princesses. I wonder if that will change with the new movie?

I don't think Disney plans to make them Disney Princesses- not because they don't 'count' as them per se, but because Frozen is still a thriving brand on it's own and it would be less lucrative to integrate them into the Disney Princess brand like they've done with previous characters. They still treat them like Disney Princesses; Disney Store makes 'classic' basic Anna and Elsa dolls with the other princesses, and they're a major part of their collector doll lines, and Hasbro also makes Anna/Elsa dolls alongside their Disney Princess dolls (but in Hasbro's case, they have different packaging to distinguish them as their own brand) 

I'm going to go ahead and assume that we'll still get Anna and Elsa dolls from Volks, even if the branding might be slightly different. 

BeyondTime
44 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

I don't think Disney plans to make them Disney Princesses- not because they don't 'count' as them per se, but because Frozen is still a thriving brand on it's own and it would be less lucrative to integrate them into the Disney Princess brand like they've done with previous characters. They still treat them like Disney Princesses; Disney Store makes 'classic' basic Anna and Elsa dolls with the other princesses, and they're a major part of their collector doll lines, and Hasbro also makes Anna/Elsa dolls alongside their Disney Princess dolls (but in Hasbro's case, they have different packaging to distinguish them as their own brand) 

I'm going to go ahead and assume that we'll still get Anna and Elsa dolls from Volks, even if the branding might be slightly different. 

That was the opinion of one of the articles I posted. Frozen is the highest grossing animated film ever, so rolling those two into the Princess line might not be the best move for Disney.

I'm going to guess Volks will make them, it would be a mistake not too; kind of equivalent to tossing money into a bucket and lighting it on fire. I can understand why they wouldn't be the first though, an official Disney Princess would have to launch the line.

Edited by BeyondTime

Cthem

Boo...lost the lottery for a Rapunzel.

Anyone get lucky? I’m hoping she’ll be offered later on the US site.