Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gunter

Volks Super Dollfies

Project
On 9/9/2022 at 6:14 AM, ninagrim said:

Just checked my Macha and Yumepi lottery entries. Macha has been cancelled but Yumepi is preparing shipment. I’m surprised I was able to win one of these girls I’m so excited! Good luck to everyone that entered the lotteries!

Ooh congrats!  I ended up winning Yumepi from the JP lottery so I entered for Macha from USA and ended up winning her too so I'll have both coming.  This year is really expensive lol.

Reitsuyu

Hello everyone!

I have a couple of questions regarding the purchase of Volks Super Dollfie dolls on Yahoo Japan Auction through a Japanese proxy known as Buyee.

1. Did you add "protective packaging" for an additional charge? For those of you who did NOT add "protective packaging", was the doll perfectly fine?

2. When Buyee takes photos of the product for an additional charge, did they actually open the doll manufacturer box to reveal the doll body contents and take photos of the inside of the doll box? Or did they take photos of the outside of the doll manufacturer box?

Thank you so much!

Edited by Reitsuyu
Emphasize

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Reitsuyu said:

1. Did you add "protective packaging" for an additional charge? For those of you who did NOT add "protective packaging", was the doll perfectly fine?

I've used their protective packaging and it's pretty solid. I've also gotten dolls without it, and they arrived fine. I see protective packaging as added insurance, but you're probably fine without it. 

2 hours ago, Reitsuyu said:

2. When Buyee takes photos of the product for an additional charge, did they actually open the doll manufacturer box to reveal the doll body contents and take photos of the inside of the doll box? Or did they take photos of the outside of the doll manufacturer box?

They photographed the contents.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Reitsuyu
19 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I've used their protective packaging and it's pretty solid. I've also gotten dolls without it, and they arrived fine. I see protective packaging as added insurance, but you're probably fine without it. 

They photographed the contents.

Thank you for your response!

Just to clarify, So if I order an unopened Super Dollfie, Buyee staff would OPEN the manufacturer box to reveal the doll and take photos (if you paid for the service)? Eek, that would invalidate having a new unopened box then...  

BeyondTime
On 10/1/2022 at 7:13 PM, Reitsuyu said:

Thank you for your response!

Just to clarify, So if I order an unopened Super Dollfie, Buyee staff would OPEN the manufacturer box to reveal the doll and take photos (if you paid for the service)? Eek, that would invalidate having a new unopened box then...  

Yes, but if you want them to verify it you would need to do that. There are no returns once the item is shipped to you, so if the seller cheated on the transaction, you'd have no way to back out on your end except to stiff Buyee with a credit card chargeback, which wouldn't really be fair to them since they acted in good faith. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Volks USA will be doing it's Holiday Greeting one-off SD sale again this year.

Lottery is Nov 1st to the 10th @ 4:00PM Pacific.

The link in the email isn't working yet, or I'd link the site.

Emil

Ah, they decided to overlap the one-off entry periods again... Hopefully no one on Volks USA tempts me too much~ If there's a Victorique or Alice I'm in danger 😪

Already picked out six for JP lottery to enter for... Even if the chances of winning them all are slim, I don't want to go over eight entries. 😖

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Reitsuyu

I know the one off models are one of a kind but what does that mean in terms of stock like how many of the same type of doll is being sold.

Do the one off models have multiples of the same stock or is it just the one doll that's up for lottery?

Monty
1 hour ago, Reitsuyu said:

I know the one off models are one of a kind but what does that mean in terms of stock like how many of the same type of doll is being sold.

Do the one off models have multiples of the same stock or is it just the one doll that's up for lottery?

There is only one each. The whole point of oneoffs is that they use existing/previous sculpts, but coordinated in a way that hasn’t existed before - their faceup, wig and outfit will be completely different to what the original doll had (note that the online ones and some of the physical store ones have outfits that are either existing Volks outfits, or mixed and matched from existing Volks outfits, whereas the more special ones at Dolpa or the Harajuku/Kyoto stores (and occasionally other stores) will have special outfits made in collaboration with dealers.) It’s a cool way to see previous releases reinterpreted. Sometimes they’ve even changed gender.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
On 10/16/2022 at 1:47 AM, Monty said:

It’s a cool way to see previous releases reinterpreted. Sometimes they’ve even changed gender.

There are the charity auction ones too. With those they do some wild stuff, with special one of a kind hand made outfits.

Here are two Disney characters they did for charity. I think the cheapest Disney charity doll went for about $10k.

tumblr_p3u15pFkXO1uvye5jo1_1280.jpg.61b364d2d91b83a23fb13f8a7e7f0b33.jpg

Belle was an Ami Ayase sculpt, and iirc she went for around $30k.

s737619424575262359_p965_i212_w570.jpeg.47d8b52bf245dd56d434e7847b38357b.jpeg

• Like 6

dollbaby

@BeyondTime Belle and Ariel look amazing. Ariel is my favorite Disney Princess so it would be amazing to see if Volks will do another doll of her. I love her blue dress in that photo. I think that Ariel charity doll is a Jun Tachibana

• Sad 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, dollbaby said:

I think that Ariel charity doll is a Jun Tachibana ?

I think you may be right, it does look like Jun.

Emil

Volks announced that GL members will be able to visit Tenshi no Sato without reservations soon, along with plans for other services in the future being available to foreigners (omukae and trade-in), no specific mention of FCS though.

https://www.volks.co.jp/cs/news/20221021_01.html

• Like 2

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

moerunamida

Marie Antoinette is killing me! I'm cutting my collection down, because I want a digital camera but she is tempting me.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Monty

I wanted to post my new SD, a SDGr boy 75 from the Full Choice System. My friend ordered him for me when they were visiting Kyoto last December. He’s order-make (ie fully custom) although all I really did was ask for a replica of a one-off from 2021 I really liked, and to make the eyeliner a little more catlike. I’ve made him into Oberon from FGO, cos I’ve been obsessed with him since he was first unveiled in a stream.

Foguk2CakAEuW7w.jpg
Right now he’s kinda only Oberon in ‘vibe’ due to not having the correct crown or outfit but I really hope to have his stage 1 one eventually (the blue one), complete with the giant butterfly wings… I do have a little needlefelt Blanca (moth) for him though which is very cute.

FnyRwXdaEAEBwnA?format=jpg&name=large

75 is a really nice sculpt, I like how it can look friendly or sinister depending on the angle. 

• Like 10

Xiongmao

Last January Volks ran a lottery to win SDGr Mytyl. I failed in the lottery (and the one after that for a boy) but Mytyl appeared on Mandarake last month so I shipped her over. I also found her additional outfit. I paid 170,000 for Mytyl which was a lot but I believe the SDGr body types are only ever used on limited releases. How limited they are I'm not sure but I think somebody guestimated they made around 300 of each.

I don't have too many photos of her because her faceup is delicate and she's also a bit floppy around the middle (she's not defective, it's just how they are).

Here's vinyl DDdy Towa and Mytyl for comparison. In this photo Towa's actually wearing a SD outfit. She kind of thinks she's a SD too 😁.

I do like how Mytyl's joints snap into place. I don't like how her wig keeps sliding off but it was a blessing her outfit includes a bonnet 😆. I'll get her a wig band at some point.

For anyone sitting on the fence, SD are amazing irl. I like how their joints move and Mytyl's faceup is mindblowing. Her outfit is really lovely too - I might annoy the DoA purists by making a SD Miku and fix up Yor or Towa in Mytyl's dress.

I don't know if I'd get any more SD but I do have a soft spot for Mai, and if Chii should ever appear for sale...

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Subaru
8 hours ago, Monty said:

I wanted to post my new SD, a SDGr boy 75 from the Full Choice System. My friend ordered him for me when they were visiting Kyoto last December. He’s order-make (ie fully custom) although all I really did was ask for a replica of a one-off from 2021 I really liked, and to make the eyeliner a little more catlike. I’ve made him into Oberon from FGO, cos I’ve been obsessed with him since he was first unveiled in a stream.

He's beautiful! I heard that Full Choice System Super Dollfies are quite rare outside of Japan, and a full custom to boot. Congrats! A sound investment.

• Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

That_Dollfie_Dude
9 minutes ago, Subaru said:

He's beautiful! I heard that Full Choice System Super Dollfies are quite rare outside of Japan, and a full custom to boot. Congrats! A sound investment.

They are tricky to get, especially the Japanese FCS dolls, because Volks will not take orders online, and even if you visit on vacation to place the order, they will not ship them overseas.  You have to have friends living in Japan or a proxy service order them on your behalf.

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, Subaru said:

9 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

They are tricky to get, especially the Japanese FCS dolls, because Volks will not take orders online, and even if you visit on vacation to place the order, they will not ship them overseas.  You have to have friends living in Japan or a proxy service order them on your behalf.

I keep hearing rumors that you can get them at Volks USA during a Blue Moon as long as you know the password and the secret handshake. 

Or maybe it's just a periodic web event; I can't keep track of these things anymore. 

19 hours ago, Monty said:

I wanted to post my new SD, a SDGr boy 75 from the Full Choice System.

Congrats.

Please don't leave us for DoA. 😭

Monty
44 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Congrats.

Please don't leave us for DoA. 😭

I actually joined DOA before here, way back in 2015, because my first ever doll was a resin practice head from the company DF-A I won in a newbie raffle and I had no idea what to do with it lol. I post there every now and then, but not as often as here. Mostly I’m only in the SD and Luts threads.

The fact that I originally joined the DD forum as a DD newbie with no DDs when Rin and Len were first announced, and now their reboot is announced and I’m out of display cabinet space, really makes me feel the passage of time…

• Haha 2

nyampo

I’m not exactly new to Volks, I’ve been eyeing them for years but I guess once I have the money I’ll stick to the standard models since the others are out of my budget.

ragnamuffin
On 2/9/2023 at 7:00 PM, Monty said:

Right now he’s kinda only Oberon in ‘vibe’

Where did you get that wig? Did it come as part of the FCS? He looks lovely.

Monty
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Where did you get that wig? Did it come as part of the FCS? He looks lovely.

It’s actually a Himekazura wig from Mandarake! It’s called ‘airy bob’. It is just the slightest bit too big for him but I had to get the 9-10 one for it to hang in the right way.

• Thanks 1