MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
K-2

Big Brother Forum?

K-2

On the profile page there is a section:

About UserX

This seems to show exactly what a user is doing/viewing at the current moment. I'm sure some people like this and want others to know what they're doing. I do not. To me this seems to be an invasion of privacy. Users should be able to keep this information private if they so choose. I was unable to find any controls for this feature. If I somehow missed them, I'd surely like to know where they are.

Same goes for the entire Activity tab on the profile page.

Edited by K-2
  • Like 3

MVSig.jpg

MrFjmg03

I like it. It is very similar to DoA. It helps me know who is ignoring me when I send a reply to a message, but they don't answer back. But I think if you click on the eye icon at the top it would stop showing your activity. That's my theory, but I'm not sure.

UnderOrange

I think all the eye does is turn off the header. There is the option to log in differently, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

Noxxbunny
2 minutes ago, Averis said:

You can log in anonymously. I haven't tested it myself, but I assume it will hide most of that.

It doesn't seem to be working. I'm currently logged in as "anonymous" but I'm still showing as online. But then again, my profile still says I haven't visted since I registered on the old forum. Maybe I'm unclear on what that feature is supposed to do in comparison to the old forum's "hide my session" button.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

MrFjmg03

You are right. The eyes icon only hides the banner. I went to settings but I doesn't give you the option to hide the activity.

Noxxbunny
4 minutes ago, Averis said:

I don't see you in the online list. Nor do I see where you currently are. And I'm the Admin! XD

Huh, as long as no one else can tell then LOL

Untitled3.jpg

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Noxxbunny

Works for me then lol. My days as a lurker remain safely in tact. 😆 Strange, but good to know that's what it does, then.

• Like 1

cfx
12 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I like the dark theme, but can the forum mascot have a dark specific version? It's kind of a white box that really sticks out.

Unless I am missing something the mail client is almost unusable. I went into my mail and discovered I am over quota. I went into the inbox to delete some stuff and it kind of went as follows.

To get to the oldest messages I have to scroll, wait for it to load more messages, scroll some more wait for it to load, keep doing this till I get to the point where I want to purge. I then can select a single message, and delete it. At which point the page reloads and I have to repeat the entire scroll to the bottom thing again to select one more message, and delete that.

I have like 50 messages I have to delete to unlock the ability to send, and I just gave up. I'm not doing all that 50+ times.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but I couldn't even see a way to reverse the sort order.

Haha, I noticed the same thing and turned the dark theme off because of it. Even on the default theme that white box around it looks odd; maybe if the logo and name were all on a background of whatever color but as it is it looks unfinished. The way it's done in the little patron box looks good where it's a white bordered image.

I saw this on the mail too. Also, maybe it's my internet connection, but certain functions are very slow and laggy; the loading of the additional messages in that list is one of those, and this text editor is another one; it's incredibly sluggish for me.

Edited by cfx

Averis

I rather like the logo. The reason the white box is there is because it looks odd with the whites of the eyes over a dark background, which is how it was.

Averis

The white box is meant to touch the top. It's meant to look almost like a tag attached to the top of the site. Sorry if you guys don't like it. I've been a web designer for 25+ year. It's subjective, I guess. I have no interest in changing it. Sorry. 

As for the inbox, I doubled the space for everyone from what we had on DD. I think most space is being taken up since a lot of old messaged were not put inline. That shouldn't be an issue with newer messages. 

Anyway. Gonna take a break for tonight. ^^ Time to relax and watch some youtubes. Catch yas tomorrow.

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, Averis said:

As for the inbox, I doubled the space for everyone from what we had on DD. I think most space is being taken up since a lot of old messaged were not put inline. That shouldn't be an issue with newer messages. 

It's not the size. I do email administration, so I totally get having a quota. Half our staff would have 200 GB inboxes if we didn't. It's the process of removing the old messages.

And sorry, I deleted my original post and put it in it's own thread. I thought I was posting in a general feedback thread, and I didn't mean to hijack this one.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MrFjmg03

I like both themes. I don't see any differences except for the color.

Edited by MrFjmg03