Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

A few things I noticed.

BeyondTime

I think this looks better than DOA. Even after their last update the DOA forum looked a bit dated, but this is very modern.

I like the dark theme, but can the forum mascot have a dark specific version? It's kind of a white box that really sticks out.

Unless I am missing something the mail client is almost unusable. I went into my mail and discovered I am over quota. I went into the inbox to delete some stuff and it kind of went as follows.

To get to the oldest messages I have to scroll, wait for it to load more messages, scroll some more wait for it to load, keep doing this till I get to the point where I want to purge. I then can select a single message, and delete it. At which point the page reloads and I have to repeat the entire scroll to the bottom thing again to select one more message, and delete that.

I have like 50 messages I have to delete to unlock the ability to send, and I just gave up. I'm not doing all that 50+ times.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but I couldn't even see a way to reverse the sort order.

I noticed that when I go into My Dolls, and sort by Title it sorts in reverse alphabetical order. I couldn't find a way to change that either.

I also couldn't find a way to delete a post. Not sure if that is by design or I am just not seeing it.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

K-2
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Unless I am missing something the mail client is almost unusable. I went into my mail and discovered I am over quota. I went into the inbox to delete some stuff and it kind of went as follows.

To get to the oldest messages I have to scroll, wait for it to load more messages, scroll some more wait for it to load, keep doing this till I get to the point where I want to purge. I then can select a single message, and delete it. At which point the page reloads and I have to repeat the entire scroll to the bottom thing again to select one more message, and delete that.

I have like 50 messages I have to delete to unlock the ability to send, and I just gave up. I'm not doing all that 50+ times.

I had the same problem with 141% capacity. Too impatient to scroll to the end and delete them one at a time. I ended up just deleting them all.

I liked the old message handling where a new incoming message would just replace/delete the oldest message.

MVSig.jpg

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, K-2 said:

I had the same problem with 141% capacity. Too impatient to scroll to the end and delete them one at a time. I ended up just deleting them all.

I liked the old message handling where a new incoming message would just replace/delete the oldest message.

Yeah I did see that feature, but I usually want to delete the oldest messages as opposed to the newer ones that I might need.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm able to click the little check box in multiple messages, and as I do so there's a little pop-up at the bottom of the screen that says "With <n> selected" and a trashcan icon, which when I click on deletes all the messages I've selected.

The list still loads slowly for me so it's a pain to scroll through but I'm not having the issue with only being able to delete a single message at a time.

BeyondTime

lol, ok, with the dark theme selected I couldn't even see the checkboxes. XD

Thanks, that is much better.

Averis
On 3/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, BeyondTime said:

I also couldn't find a way to delete a post. Not sure if that is by design or I am just not seeing it.

You can't delete posts. You couldn't in the old forum either. I've added a report type called delete, so you can report a post for deletion.

I've also added 100 more message space to hopefully help with those that have full inboxes.

cfx
6 minutes ago, Averis said:

You can't delete posts. You couldn't in the old forum either. I've added a report type called delete, so you can report a post for deletion.

Actually you could on the old forum? At least I've done it before when I wrote something I quickly decided was too rude.

But it only allowed you to do it if the post in question was the last one in the thread, I believe, presumably so you couldn't delete something someone already responded to.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Averis said:

I've also added 100 more message space to hopefully help with those that have full inboxes.

Thanks,

My issue with client was not seeing the check boxes. As soon as I swapped back to the light theme they were plain as day, and I had to facepalm.

cfx
23 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

My issue with client was not seeing the check boxes. As soon as I swapped back to the light theme they were plain as day, and I had to facepalm.

When I tried the black theme, I found the different shades of black/gray to be barely distinguishable from each other; perhaps the theme was designed with a different monitor gamma in mind.

I didn't keep using it though because the white text on black causes eyestrain for me. Funny how that is different for different people as I've seen several comments here saying the black was easier on the eyes.

BeyondTime

I noticed that when I type DDs (as in DD plural) is tags it Dollfie Dream Sister, but I would type that DDS.

Averis
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I noticed that when I type DDs (as in DD plural) is tags it Dollfie Dream Sister, but I would type that DDS.

Mmm. Good point. I made it case sensitive so it only works with DDS and not DDs.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Averis said:

Mmm. Good point. I made it case sensitive so it only works with DDS and not DDs.

Thank you. I was kind of worried that I had a bunch of posts that were going to poison people's searches.

foo

While we're on the topic of the abbreviations, could you add DDP = Dollfie Dream Pretty?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, foo said:

While we're on the topic of the abbreviations, could you add DDP = Dollfie Dream Pretty?

Yeah that is needed for sure.

One other thing I just noticed. The description for Doll Meetups has a typo. Pretty sure the text is supposed to read your area.

Doll Meet-ups & Events

Announce and discuss doll meet-ups and events in you area.

BeyondTime

Sorry I just noticed another one. Think this one should be Tell us

Introductions

New to the forum? Post an introduction. Tells us a bit about yourself.

BeyondTime

I looked through the rest of them to see if I could spot anything else, and I didn't see any more typos. I did notice this, but it's not exactly a typo. I am wondering if it should be changed to read something along the lines of 'handmade items for on-topic dolls.'

Members Custom Items Shops

Posts to / for member shops offering handmade Dollfie Dream related items.
Edited by BeyondTime

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Averis said:

Both should be fix. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you.

CaffeinatedCake
On 3/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, BeyondTime said:

I like the dark theme, but can the forum mascot have a dark specific version? It's kind of a white box that really sticks out.

Agreed, though on the light theme I'd make the mascot transparent too (or everything transparent except the face). It's super cute but the white square looks out of place. 

Also, just noticed, when you hover the submit reply button on dark mode it turns THE most blinding shade of aqua. 

I love the new site overall! It's super great 😄

Help! I fell into DD hell!

BeyondTime
26 minutes ago, Averis said:

I change the logo.

Oh my god, it seems you are damned if you do and damned if you don't on this one. XD

She looks fine with the light theme, but positively vampiric on the dark theme.

• Haha 1

Daisy-chan
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Oh my god, it seems you are damned if you do and damned if you don't on this one. XD

She looks fine with the light theme, but positively vampiric on the dark theme.

You do have to admit, she is a cute vampire though. I actually kind of like it. It's a spooky halloween theme now! 😆

nocturne

Nice - I like the new logo on both themes - I guess I might have a soft spot for cute vampires though.