Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

A big family photo!

baldylox

This year celebrates my ninth year in the doll hobby and since it has been a while since my last family group photo, I figured I needed to gather everyone together and take a new one.  So here is a single photo of ALL my dolls in one spot!

It took me about two and a half hours to put them all on the couch like that and then another 3 hours to put them back where they normally go.  😄

Billy

DSC_0027.JPG

• Like 17

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Daisy-chan

Manami has to make sure she's front and center, I see...

But wow, such a large family. And it took you over two hours?!? If it were me, I would have given up after about 10 minutes of trying to move them all. Just imagine how much longer it'll take you to move all your dolls in a few years when you're bound to be pushing 100+.

baldylox
3 minutes ago, Daisy-chan said:

Manami has to make sure she's front and center, I see...

But wow, such a large family. And it took you over two hours?!? If it were me, I would have given up after about 10 minutes of trying to move them all. Just imagine how much longer it'll take you to move all your dolls in a few years when you're bound to be pushing 100+.

Of COURSE Manami is front and center and trying to get all the attention!  Can you blame her for not wanting to get lost in the sea of girls?  LOL

Yes, it took some time but it was worth it to me.  I'm up to 85 girls now.  I'm seriously trying to not adopt more.... I want to focus on getting them clothing and such instead of more sisters.  😄  But I've tried that before and there are just too many cute girls out there needing adoption and second chances.  So until my whole house is packed with them, I'll probably keep adopting.  <3

Billy

Pickle

Happy Nine Years in the hobby! 🎉 Absolutely stunning how you got all of them in the photo. 😮 

Thank you for taking and sharing the photo with us! Seriously, your doll family is a sight to behold. It grew so fast (and probably is still growing...)😊

baldylox
2 hours ago, Pickle said:

Happy Nine Years in the hobby! 🎉 Absolutely stunning how you got all of them in the photo. 😮 

Thank you for taking and sharing the photo with us! Seriously, your doll family is a sight to behold. It grew so fast (and probably is still growing...)😊

Thanks so much!  I'm glad you like the photo.  :)  And you're right, the family will probably keep growing no matter how much I try to stop it.  😉

Billy

sinclair

Love the photo.  You can tell it's one big happy group.  Lots of love there.

MrFjmg03

WOW! That must be what heaven is like. Such a beautiful family. Also I was able to recognize the 4 girls you adopted from me right away :)

Manami looks so cute doing that pose :)

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

baldylox
22 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Love the photo.  You can tell it's one big happy group.  Lots of love there.

Thank you very much!  :)

20 minutes ago, MrFjmg03 said:

WOW! That must be what heaven is like. Such a beautiful family. Also I was able to recognize the 4 girls you adopted from me right away :)

Manami looks so cute doing that pose :)

Ha ha, I think so too!  😄  Thanks so much for the compliments!  Your girls are easy to spot for sure, they are so much fun too!  And thanks about Manami too, she's always so silly.  😉

13 minutes ago, Majikaru-Rin said:

That is honestly the most epic doll family photo, love it! 😆 And everyone is actually looking at the camera which is no easy feat so I applaud you for that. It's so cool seeing all your girls together. Gotta love Manami being front and center (as always 😋)

I appreciate that, thanks!  And yes, it took a while to get everyone looking at the camera but it's one of those things I *had* to do.... otherwise it would bug me.  LOL  Thanks about Manami too, she always has to get all the attention no matter what.  😉

Billy

Pickle
16 hours ago, baldylox said:

Thanks so much!  I'm glad you like the photo.  :)  And you're right, the family will probably keep growing no matter how much I try to stop it.  😉

Billy

You're welcome! And that tends to happen. You got the lovebug for this hobby and it's really nice to see how you help re-home so many. Luckily, none of them will ever be lonely! Especially with Manami being there. I bet she let's no new gal (or boy) that becomes part of the family feel lonely! 🙂

Edited by Pickle

KonekoHigure

Wow! It's impressive to see them all gathered in a photo! 

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

merry-go-round

To my knowledge, you are the person with the largest collection! every doll you have has its own style. it impresses me ! Congrats for your collection. And happy 9e years :)

Edited by merry-go-round
  • Like 1

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

baldylox
2 hours ago, Pickle said:

You're welcome! And that tends to happen. You got the lovebug for this hobby and it's really nice to see how you help re-home so many. Luckily, none of them will ever be lonely! Especially with Manami being there. I bet she let's no new gal (or boy) that becomes part of the family feel lonely! 🙂

It's nice when someone notices these things.  😉  I have a huge weak spot for fixer upper and unwanted girls so whenever I can make room for one in the house, I do.  I just feel like some of them really deserve another chance at having fun and doing what they're best at.... making people smile.  <3  And yes, in her own VERY special way, Manami makes sure any newbies here get her attention right away.  LOL

2 hours ago, KonekoHigure said:

Wow! It's impressive to see them all gathered in a photo! 

Thanks!  It took some time and work but it was more than worth it to me.  :)

16 minutes ago, merry-go-round said:

To my knowledge, you are the person with the largest collection! every doll you have has its own style. it impresses me ! Congrats for your collection. And happy 9e years :)

Thank you for the high praise but there are quite a few collectors out there with MUCH larger collections than me.  I know of at least 2 people here in the US with over 100 dolls and over in Japan I've seen some photos of several different collectors with several hundred dolls that fill entire rooms from floor to ceiling!  So while I may have a big collection, it's nowhere near THE largest one out there.  I'm just a lot more vocal and share more in the community and online than most others do.  😉 

Billy

• Like 2

sinclair
21 hours ago, baldylox said:

Thank you for the high praise but there are quite a few collectors out there with MUCH larger collections than me.  I know of at least 2 people here in the US with over 100 dolls and over in Japan I've seen some photos of several different collectors with several hundred dolls that fill entire rooms from floor to ceiling!  So while I may have a big collection, it's nowhere near THE largest one out there.  I'm just a lot more vocal and share more in the community and online than most others do.  😉

On the Volks vote sites they had at least 50+, 100+ and even 200+ or 500+ didn't they?  I was amazing when I saw that as they wouldn't have added it unless there were a large number of people that fall in that category.  And this was before Billy broke 50.

But for Billy's lovely family, in just DD numbers, are there any with more then you?  I know if you include all doll types there are lots of people with more then you, but if there are US people with more DDs then you, why aren't they members here?

baldylox
1 hour ago, sinclair said:

On the Volks vote sites they had at least 50+, 100+ and even 200+ or 500+ didn't they?  I was amazing when I saw that as they wouldn't have added it unless there were a large number of people that fall in that category.  And this was before Billy broke 50.

But for Billy's lovely family, in just DD numbers, are there any with more then you?  I know if you include all doll types there are lots of people with more then you, but if there are US people with more DDs then you, why aren't they members here?

I do recall seeing 50+ and 100+ but not the other two options.  But it's also been a while since I did any of those voting things.  I'm sure there ARE some super collectors out there tho!

If you just count DD girls/guys then I think there are at least two or three US based collectors with more than me.  One of them *is* a member here but they don't post often.  I think the more dolls you have and the more time/money/space/energy they take up, the less people tend to share them online.  And from personal experience, it seems that having a large collection garners not only praise but loathing and haters.  I've got 2 pages worth of people on BJD Confession boards that say all sorts of terrible things about me and my collection.  Of course, none of them know me personally and therefore mean nothing to me.  😄  But other large collection owners might not like seeing things like that and stay out of the public eye because of it.  I can't say I blame them much either.

Billy

• Like 1

ShadowXM1

Oh my GAWD!!!! O.O Wow Billy your collection of daughters makes mine pale in comparison! But oh my what a family photoshoot! Okay you and everyone else is putting me to shame, back in college I may be, but I need to get myself in gear and take some more photos of my girls old AND new! You and everyone else on here just inspired me! Oh and just in case I were to forget, happy nine years in the hobby sir! Wow NINE years!?

baldylox
3 minutes ago, ShadowXM1 said:

Oh my GAWD!!!! O.O Wow Billy your collection of daughters makes mine pale in comparison! But oh my what a family photoshoot! Okay you and everyone else is putting me to shame, back in college I may be, but I need to get myself in gear and take some more photos of my girls old AND new! You and everyone else on here just inspired me! Oh and just in case I were to forget, happy nine years in the hobby sir! Wow NINE years!?

Heh, thank you sir!  But it's not a competition!  Even if your family consists of only ONE doll, it's YOUR family and it's perfect.  Families come in all sizes and shapes and we all start somewhere.  For other people 2 or 3 is all they need.  For me..... I have a sickness and the only thing that helps cure it is MOAR DOLLIES.  😄  And yes, you do need to share more pics of your girls!

Billy

hellFlower

oh my gosh, that's an impressive amount of dolls! you could almost drown in them! i can't imagine how long it took to get them all set up that way, what if one fell and created a domino effect of dolls... i wonder if i'll ever own that many...

i really like the brown-haired girl with the ears right at the back, she really caught my eye and i just think she's precious.

Amber

Wowww. Seeing them all like that is so incredible! When I looked at the picture I could feel their presence. I think if I got to be in a room with that many dolls, I'd be overwhelmed with their energy. I can feel the love/energy from my dolls and I don't have anywhere near as many as you! <3 Just looking at the photo on the computer gave me a special/warm feeling. I'm sure you must have that every day with your dolls. :) They're all so lovely.

Testament

Amazing!

And someone was even able to have her eyes closed during the photoshot XD

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Daisy-chan
2 hours ago, Testament said:

Amazing!

I don't know why, but I just can't stop laughing at that.

"Oh wait, can we try taking that picture again, I think I blinked!"

• Like 1

baldylox
On 3/25/2019 at 11:31 PM, hellFlower said:

oh my gosh, that's an impressive amount of dolls! you could almost drown in them! i can't imagine how long it took to get them all set up that way, what if one fell and created a domino effect of dolls... i wonder if i'll ever own that many...

i really like the brown-haired girl with the ears right at the back, she really caught my eye and i just think she's precious.

Thank you very much!  It took me a little over 2 hours to set them all up.  And I made it so they couldn't fall over.  😉  As for the girl with the ears you like, that's Mashiro, she's a cutie.  Here's a pic for you!

7188007773_1c5a92dbe7_z.jpgDSC_6262 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

On 3/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, Amber said:

Wowww. Seeing them all like that is so incredible! When I looked at the picture I could feel their presence. I think if I got to be in a room with that many dolls, I'd be overwhelmed with their energy. I can feel the love/energy from my dolls and I don't have anywhere near as many as you! <3 Just looking at the photo on the computer gave me a special/warm feeling. I'm sure you must have that every day with your dolls. :) They're all so lovely.

Wow, thank you so much for the compliments!  I'm happy you can tell my girls are a happy bunch.  :)  I do indeed love coming home to them and waking up to them, they always make me smile.  <3

On 3/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, Testament said:

Amazing!

Hahahaha!  Poor Nami, she always blinks during photos.  LOL  Actually she's supposed to have her eyes shut but it's funny to think she blinked!

2 hours ago, jazijaz said:

I admire how they are all so well behaved 😋 beautiful family, this is like heaven on earth 😍

Thank you!  I had to bribe them all with cookies and a movie.  😄

Billy

• Like 1

Poofiemus
20 hours ago, baldylox said:

Thank you!  I had to bribe them all with cookies and a movie.  😄

. . .question then is, which movie? Because I have a hard time believing that Manami, Mamimi, Rei, AND Kirinrin would all agree to watch the same film.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.