Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Keijogirl

Anyone A fan of EvokeDoll?

Keijogirl

I'm curious about Evokedolls they look super cute like DDs and of have a touch of sexy like the AP girls too. Does anyone  have any experience with them at all?

They look so poseable and Kui has stolen my heart lol. 

http://evokedoll.com/en/index.jsp 

Anybody else a fan?

• Like 1

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

MrFjmg03

My first time hearing about them. They are beautiful, but I bet the body will be a nightmare to keep clean. I have Phicen dolls, made of similar material and they are a pain to keep clean.

Edited by MrFjmg03

BottleStar

I feel like this isn't the first time I've heard of them before, but I can't remember when I first heard of them or if they even had this many dolls for sale back then...

It's a nice, large selection though! 😄 I'm probably going to be looking at these for a few days! I'm so fascinated by how different artists sculpt their anime heads! 😍Jamie has my eye!

Keijogirl
13 hours ago, MrFjmg03 said:

My first time hearing about them. They are beautiful, but I bet the body will be a nightmare to keep clean. I have Phicen dolls, made of similar material and they are a pain to keep clean.

This is the first time I've found their site. I've been curiously seeing some of the dolls on flickr and just really wanted to know more.  What did you have to do to keep your Phicen dolls clean? I'm seriously considering getting one of these

3 hours ago, BottleStar said:

I feel like this isn't the first time I've heard of them before, but I can't remember when I first heard of them or if they even had this many dolls for sale back then...

It's a nice, large selection though! 😄 I'm probably going to be looking at these for a few days! I'm so fascinated by how different artists sculpt their anime heads! 😍Jamie has my eye!

It's not the first I've heard of them, but this is totally the first time I've seen their site as well and found so many of them! Jamie is a cutie!  A bunch of them have got me interested, and when I get one she'll probably be Lin.

I'm also curious about that 68cm body and if a DD head could be modded to it.  I've one girl that is technically supposed to be taller than all my other girls and that body would be amazeballs if it would work for her haha.

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

20blackbags

I remember these dolls. They have the silicone body so they look more like figures and less like dolls. The first time I heard about them they had a male silicone body that I thought was cool.

I think you have to keep them clean with a cotton cloth, or something. I recall they had a special spray to keep the body’s clean. I don’t know if they still offer that.

HazelMaze

Gosh,they have some lovely sculpts but I simply couldn't handle having a silicon head in my collection. Not with the amount of animals in this house!

Keijogirl
On 4/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, HazelMaze said:

Gosh,they have some lovely sculpts but I simply couldn't handle having a silicon head in my collection. Not with the amount of animals in this house!

So their heads are soft as well?

fallingdolls

Do they ship to the USA? I'd love one omg.

Keijogirl

I’m thinking they do since they have an English site!  I hope they do I’m excited to order one!

Mothiraffe

I've seen them before! They're absolutely gorgeous, but keeping them clean is a horror show waiting to happen. I've seen what happens when things go awry with them, the silicone is delicate and prone to staining and collecting dust and debris- I don't think I could ever own one because of the dogs in my home. For the people who can maintain them though, they're AMAZING to take photos of. 

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

darlingdeers

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THESE. It's just sad that smooth bodies like that are made pose-able by wire that is easily to snap, and connects dust easily on the soft skin. Ariel and Honoo are so pretty. I wonder what other bodies they'd fit on.

UnaArista

Are their heads soft silicone? I've been considering making a hybrid of their head and DD body as it seems to be possible, but i couldn't find any pics of such projects. And somehow i thought that the heads are resin, i think i saw it somewhere but i can't find this info now 

Monty

From what I gathered from the website, the heads are silicone and they dont have headcaps, you have to stretch their eye hole open to change the eyes. I always wondered if that would damage their faceup over time...

the google translated text for changing eyes sounds accidentally horrifying lol. I assume snow muscle powder is talcum powder.

'Eyeball installation
Before removing or loading the eyeballs, apply thicker snow muscle powder around your child's eyelids and your fingers. Use your thumb and forefinger to evenly spread the child's eyelids out or put them in the eyeballs. After adjusting the position, use soft makeup. Brush gently to remove excess snow muscle powder from your child's face.'

• Haha 4

nocturne

Well, I do have an Evoke 58M that came with a Vieruo head.

That head is actually a resin head and it has a headcap.

The neck uses a protruding long M6 thread by default and a butterfly screw to hold the head.

I did have DDH heads on that body a few times.

Currently I have an Angel Philia type J head on it - as that is usually for the 48-50 size it gives less of an anime and more of a human appearance.

The lower opening on that smaller head is "just" about large enough to "kinda" fit the neck, whereas with the DDH's that is not an issue.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

nocturne

I made a Flickr account and put a few comparison photos of my Evoke 58M to an Obitsu 60 and a DDIII-M into an Album.

There are "obviously" nude dolls there, just so you know.

I cannot yet post any pictures here but would like to know if a "nsfw" tag would be required on this forum and if so how to add it once I can add photos.

The link to the album is here - looks like one has to be signed in to view it though.

I'll see if I can manage to change that.

Kind regards.

Edited by nocturne

cfx
24 minutes ago, nocturne said:

I cannot yet post any pictures here but would like to know if a "nsfw" tag would be required on this forum and if so how to add it once I can add photos.

Yes, as explained in the forum rules:

https://www.dolldreaming.com/guidelines/

When you start a new topic, there's an add tag function up at the top of the form. Just type nsfw there and you'll get a little flag on the topic similar to the "evoke doll" one that is on this topic. You can additionally put a comment like "(doll nudity)" in the thread title.

Some of the photo threads allow for nsfw posts and others do not, but that is indicated in the titles.

Keijogirl
On 4/22/2019 at 2:27 AM, nocturne said:

I made a Flickr account and put a few comparison photos of my Evoke 58M to an Obitsu 60 and a DDIII-M into an Album.

The link to the album is here - looks like one has to be signed in to view it though.

Kind regards.

Thank you for sharing this! I have been looking for a comparison! 

Singer Yuna
On 4/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, nocturne said:

Kind regards.

Great comparison images, Vieruo is very beautiful

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

nocturne

Thanks, always good to know that it helped.

And thanks for the compliment on the Vieruo head as well, you can find a few pictures showing its structure here now.

Catski

Goodness, I'd never heard of them, but now I certainly want one! I love the Lizz sculpt! 😍

Corvus

Hey, guys. Thought I'd bump this Evoke Doll thread to add a few comments and some general pros 'n' cons.

I've had Evoke Doll's "Kui" for around six months now, and she's been an excellent addition to my predominately Angel Philia-based doll family. She's a 1/3 62cm large-bust body (58cm sans her solid silicone head) with optional wire-articulated fingers and light body blushing. I bought her pre-owned from Mandarake. 

I'm a bit nonplussed concerning the horror stories I've read about soft silicone doll maintenance. Much of it, I suspect, without the benefit of hands-on experience. Kui arrived from Tokyo in clean condition, but I gave her a quick shower under the kitchen tap with a few drops of dish soap on my fingers. I then patted away the excess moisture with a paper towel, placed her on a clean bath towel, let her dry thoroughly--silicone is non-porous, so it dries quickly--and rubbed her down with a little powder. I use Gold Bond body powder, which is basically lightly-scented cornstarch, but you can use baby powder or regular cornstarch from the grocery store.

As long as you handle these dolls with clean, dry hands and dress, pose and display them on a clean surface, their care and feeding is no more trouble than that of a vinyl doll. Sure, they're downright sticky-feeling right after bathing, but the powder completely eliminates that. I've washed her two more times since I received her--mostly because it's fun and she looks very pretty all wet and soapy--and I rub a little additional powder on her after three or four posing and display sessions and she's good to go. If your environment is inundated with pet hair, I can see where you might need to go the extra mile in the maintenance department, but even then, I think these beautiful dolls are worth the effort.

Evoke Doll has an official eBay seller who has responded quickly to my queries. She's very friendly and I plan on ordering my next Evoke Doll from her (I'm going with the giant 68cm soft-bust version). Here's a link (no affiliation): https://www.ebay.com/str/dollssinging/Evokedoll/_i.html?_storecat=5608008017

Pros:

Obviously, the flowing lines from head to toe are the primary attraction. From certain angles, her body looks like a miniature human, albeit an unusually shapely and impossibly elongated one. The front and back of the body are completely seamless. There is a seam running around the sides of the figure, but it's so subtle that I seldom notice it.

They're extremely flexible, which opens-up a wide variety of posing possibilities that you're unlikely to achieve with most BJDs (sitting "Japanese-style," yoga-type poses, etc.).

Articulated fingers can add a ton of expressiveness to your poses, especially if you're patient enough to position each finger individually. If you're not so inclined, you can just squeeze all the fingers into a basic shape (fist, gripping, neutral, etc.) and they look nice with very little effort.

People spend a veritable fortune on soft, squishy aftermarket parts like the Peach busts for DD. With an Evoke Doll, the entire girl is soft 'n' squishy. Even her head! (Though, as noted above, you can also get Evoke resin heads or use any DD head. They just bolt right on.)

The whole wet and soapy look is worth the price of admission all by itself! In theory, they're completely submersible, though a little care around the neck-bolt seems like a wise precaution. The bolt appears well-sealed where it enters the neck and I haven't had any trouble with moisture affecting it.

Stains tend to dissipate rapidly on their own. When I ordered the doll, the ad photos indicated a 5cm blue stain on her thigh, but in the time it took to receive her (a little over a week) the stain had vanished without a trace. The dye quickly diffuses into the dense, non-porous silicone. As far as the material's vulnerability to staining goes, I can't say. I haven't experienced a single occurrence, but I tend to be pretty careful about stain testing and clothing selection. From what I've read, it's about the same as a vinyl BJD.

Aside from the fragile finger wires (noted below) the heavy wire skeleton has shown no sign of durability issues and I've put her through the bend and straighten cycle many, many times. She can only be bent and twisted at the joint areas, including the torso and neck. The skeleton is rigid everywhere else. Likewise, the silicone has shown no sign of wrinkling or tearing. If it does, there's an entire maintenance and repair industry built around silicone adult dolls whose products should be applicable.

Cons:

Tight sleeves and stockings or pants can be a real pain to put on, even with plenty of powder on the arms and legs. Your best bet is to roll them up and then roll them onto the doll, but it can be a struggle. You also need to bunch the articulated fingers into a fist so they don't hangup on the fabric, which can easily break the fragile finger wires (ask me how I know). A broken finger can still be posed, but its versatility becomes limited. In spite of the fragility, I still recommend the wired digit upgrade. Just treat the fingers like they're made of spun sugar and moonbeams. Even if you were to eventually break all of the wires, you'd still have some finger pose-ability and you'd be no worse off than you'd be if you skipped this upgrade (other than being out $65).

A solid 1/3-size silicone figure with a metal skeleton is bound to be heavy, and sure enough, Kui feels like toting around a fat Chihuahua, especially with that bubble butt and solid racketball-sized noggin. On the one hand, the heft is aesthetically satisfying, but it can present a challenge with standing poses. The doll is already very jiggly, and coupled with her considerable heft, standing poses need to be solidly supported or propped against a secure vertical surface. 

The joints, especially the knees and elbows, have a rounded 'Gumby'-like appearance from certain angles when bent beyond a ninety-degree angle.

And then there's the infamous tacky quality of the un-powdered silicone, but honestly, I haven't found this to be a problem. Keep her clean, dry and powdered, and, IMO, it's a complete nonissue except for the above caveats about tight stockings and ankle-deep cat hair.

So there you have it. I hope this post was useful. I highly recommend these beautiful dolls. If you have any questions, ask away.

Here are some pics of Kui. Warning: Some doll nudity. NSFW!

48588588611_0e92de0e78_c.jpg

47953973856_cbc06da9d7_c.jpg

32783509957_3118bc8097_c.jpg

48588728122_f552c0b8c2_c.jpg

48588601556_6c0d22d6f8_c.jpg

• Like 9

Keijogirl

Just a belated thank you for sharing your pretty girl. I’m glad to see the one I was stalking on Mandarake at home and she looks AMAZING especially with the ap girls

On 8/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, Corvus said:

Hey, guys. Thought I'd bump this Evoke Doll thread to add a few comments and some general pros 'n' cons.

Those were really helpful and I really do appreciate it even though it’s months late and I am so happy for the pictures of her body and the review about maint.

mayaiincho

It's nice to see some user photos of the Evoke Dolls. I've been dying to purchase one for a while and of course Kui is top of my wishlist from evoke. One question about the bodies, how flexible / articulate are they?

Lets see if i can fit another 750$ doll into my list this year after those camping gears, 2B preorder and Mash preorder >.<

I just think having that seamless body will be my dream body for Alsty though because I always take her with me on vacation, an extra 2-3 kilo will hurt to add to my pack.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

monkeypizzasonic
18 hours ago, mayaiincho said:

It's nice to see some user photos of the Evoke Dolls. I've been dying to purchase one for a while and of course Kui is top of my wishlist from evoke. One question about the bodies, how flexible / articulate are they?

Lets see if i can fit another 750$ doll into my list this year after those camping gears, 2B preorder and Mash preorder >.<

I just think having that seamless body will be my dream body for Alsty though because I always take her with me on vacation, an extra 2-3 kilo will hurt to add to my pack.

I'm not sure you'd want to take this body on vacations, seeing how careful you have to be not to get it dirty. Maybe keep her on the Evoke body at home and put her on vinyl when you travel? (You won't have to worry about weight that way either.)

Keijogirl
On 1/21/2020 at 7:04 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

I'm not sure you'd want to take this body on vacations, seeing how careful you have to be not to get it dirty. Maybe keep her on the Evoke body at home and put her on vinyl when you travel? (You won't have to worry about weight that way either.)

I would have to agree. I touched one in person and unless it is the vacation locale of a lifetime, I wouldn’t travel with it. 

Look up care for a set of peach pai and imagine that for the whole body. You would also have to worry about damage in transit because wires and silicone and it didn’t seem feasible to fix the hands after they snapped off. 

Edited by Keijogirl