Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Being an "Other"

JChiibs

Please forgive me if this has been covered somewhere else, but I've been trying to figure out about the 'Other' category in the Doll Directory. Is this designed to be where all the off-topic dolls can be placed or is there still restrictions? Could I put my EB Minis, Pure Neemos & 11cm Obitsu variations there or would that still be stepping out of bounds of the intended use?

I really don't mean to be a pill about this, I just don't want to stomp on toes.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

BeyondTime

I put my SD's up, and they are off topic on the forum. Not vinyl, not anime style, no internal frame. When we were talking about moving we discussed the Doll Directory as being a place where you can add any of your dolls and not just on topic dolls.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Here, dug these up.

From the Welcome post:

Doll Directory* - You can add your family of dolls to the doll directory and fill out a profile for each. There are categories for easy organization. Be sure to post multiple images for us all to enjoy!

From the Guidelines Section:

Doll Directory Rules

Do not post nsfw images in your doll profiles.
If you feel an doll profile image is possibly questionable then choose a more friendly image as the default.

That's all I can find regarding guidelines and rules for the directory. Think Averis said something about adding tags to the directory at some point, so it will be easier for people to not see "Others" if they don't want to.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Keijogirl

So this is a good question.

I also wanted to know about Hybriding. What if we have a DD head on a different company body is that still considered a DD?

• Like 2

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Daisy-chan
37 minutes ago, SomniKei said:

I also wanted to know about Hybriding. What if we have a DD head on a different company body is that still considered a DD?

There is a hybrid category in the Doll Directory, however Averis did state in this post that how you categorize your doll is up to you. So if you want to post a doll as a DD because it has a DD head, go for it.

I also assume that this would pertain to Sister Kyoya's question of what qualifies to be put in the "other" category, meaning that "other" is whatever you want it to be.

• Like 1

baldylox

*TO ME* you should classify your hybrids by what type head they use.  That's what I do with mine.  I have plenty of MDD sized girls with DD heads on Obitsu bodies.  Some of them have been on different sized ones as well as dropping the Obitsu body altogether and going with a new MDD3 one.  So keeping them listed as a DD is easier for me due to constant changes in body sizes and styles.

I don't have any other heads on DD bodies tho so all those would go into categories for full dolls like Obitsu and Smartdolls.  But if I were to get say an Obitsu head and put it on a DD2 body then I'd list her as an Obitsu.

It's just easier and makes more sense to me to list them like this.

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Averis
3 hours ago, SomniKei said:

There is a hybrid category. 

But, yes, it was requested on the old forum to allow people to post their entire doll family in the directory, so Other (for lack of a better word) would be used for that. 

• Like 1

Keijogirl
12 hours ago, Averis said:

There is a hybrid category. 

But, yes, it was requested on the old forum to allow people to post their entire doll family in the directory, so Other (for lack of a better word) would be used for that. 

Thanks much!

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

JChiibs
17 hours ago, baldylox said:

*TO ME* you should classify your hybrids by what type head they use.

I hadn't thought about that even though that was how it was on the old forums. For some reason I was thinking about the 'full package' (head + body), even though looking back on Tama's I put him under DD. I think my biggest problem right now is insomnia and exhaustion induced stupidity. 😆

I'm really excited that I can have an official bio just for Dolly now instead of having to always lump him in with Tama. So very happy that I can add my 'Chibi Bunch' too since Tama interacts with them frequently as he helps build stuff for them. I've had some small stories I've done with them as I've been working on my dollhouse miniatures houses and giving me more ways to interact on the forums with the few photos here and there. It just felt weird having characters that I would have to repeatedly explain if people asked about them.

~Sister Kyoya

• Like 1

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram