Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

Tips & Tricks using our Text Editor

Averis

A few members have had questions about using our new text editor. I tried to put together a couple explanations below to hopefully help clear some things up and expose some not-so-obvious features.

THE EDITOR

editor_guide.jpg

Most of the buttons at the top are pretty self-explanatory. You may see a couple missing options on mobile views due to the smaller space available, but on larger screens these are all the options.

B I U S - Are your basic text formatting options. Just select the text you wish to format and hit the button. You can also use keyboard commands such as CTRL-B for bold etc.

Link - Allows you to link selected text to a URL.

Quote - Allows you to create a quote box.

Emoji - Lets you pick from the MANY emojis we have and insert them into the post, including our beloved Onion emojis from our old site.

Lists - You can create a bulleted or numbered list from a selection of text.

Align Left | Center | Align Right - These options allow you to change which side selected text shows in your post.

Text Color and Font Size - These two options allow you to change the color and size of selected text.

Spoiler - This allows you to create a spoiler box. Text inside the box will be hidden by default to a reader of your post unless they click on it.

Remove Format - If you paste text from another site/source it may have formating carried over such as colors and font styles/size. You can click this to remove that formating. You will also have the option to do so as soon as you paste formated text via a box that will pop-up right above the Attachment Box section of the editor.

Preview - This button will show you a preview of your post. Do note that some things may not show perfectly such as emoji's.

Text Area - Under the button row is the text area for your post.

Attachment Box - Below the text area is the attachment box where you can add images to your post. 

SUB-MENUS

In many cases you can CTRL+RighClick to get a sub-menu with additional options. This is useful for editing links and images. On an image you can open a pop-up window with options image link, the image size, and its alignment.

editor_pop_up.jpg

QUOTES

There are generally three ways to quote.

editor_quote.jpg

Standard Quote: Under each post is a quote button that allows you to quote a member's post. You will only get a quote of the text the member you are quoting wrote and not any quotes that were in their post.

editor_multiquote.jpg

Multi-Quote: The + before the quote button will allow you to quote multiple posts. You can click the + on several posts and in the bottom right of your screen you will see a button with how many quotes you are selecting (shown above). When you've selected all the quotes you want you can click that button to start you post. 

editor_quote_selection.jpg editor_quote_selection2.jpg

Nested Quotes: If you want to quote quotes that are nested (quotes inside of quotes) you can drag-select the post with the quotes and a box (shown above in the red box) will appear and allow you to quote the post as is. The downside to this is that you can't split the quotes (shown below).

editor_split_quote.jpg

Split Quotes: You can split a quote if you want to only reply to one part of it by putting your text cursor when you want to split a quote and hit ENTER twice. This only works with quotes created from the quote button or multi-quote, not selection quotes.

IMAGES

There are a couple ways you can add images to a post. On the desktop you can drag and drop an image to the attachment box below the text area or click choose files... and select an image on your hard drive etc.  On mobile you can tap Click to choose files and you will be presented with options on your phone where to choose an image. 

editor_image.jpg

Once you upload an image it will show up in your Uploaded Images pool under the attachment box (shown below). From there you can select the + button to add it to your post where your text cursor is currently placed in your post. You can also delete the attachment with the little trash can button. Do note that you only have 200mb of attachment space and attachments cannot be deleted since they would be removed from your posts as well. If you are posting a doll image you might want to use the gallery instead and insert the image from there using the Insert other media option (explained below).

editor_uploadedimage.jpg

Next to the attachment box there is a button to Insert other media. From there you can choose to select images in your attachments you've already uploaded to the site via a previous post you've made or from your gallery on the site. You can also select to add an image from a URL. 

editor_image2.jpg

If you select to insert existing attachment a pop-up window will appear allowing you to select from your preview post attachments or from your gallery. Once you select the image(s) you can insert them into the post without having to add them from the Uploaded Images box.

Hopefully that helps explains a few things. If you'd like me to do another post like this for another section of the site, let me know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

cfx
10 minutes ago, Averis said:

In many cases you can CTRL+RighClick to get a sub-menu with additional options. This is useful for editing links and images. On an image you can open a pop-up window with options image link, the image size, and its alignment.

editor_pop_up.jpg

Glad to see this picture because from earlier explanations of this I didn't know what it did or was supposed to do.

This does not work for me, at all. I just get Firefox's usual right-click menu, which has options to save the image, copy it, save its URL, etc.

I'm assuming it's a browser problem of mine rather than a forum issue though.

Averis
4 minutes ago, cfx said:

Glad to see this picture because from earlier explanations of this I didn't know what it did or was supposed to do.

This does not work for me, at all. I just get Firefox's usual right-click menu, which has options to save the image, copy it, save its URL, etc.

I'm assuming it's a browser problem of mine rather than a forum issue though.

I just tested it on the version of Firefox I have and it worked as expected. 

firefox.jpg

K-2

This is helpful. I wish I'd found it sooner.

MVSig.jpg

Katsudon

This might be a silly question, and I apologise if it's been covered elsewhere... but on mobile there are less options on the editor. Is there any kind of mark up syntax like bbcode (for example) to use in place of the full editor?

Thank you :3

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Katsudon said:

This might be a silly question, and I apologise if it's been covered elsewhere... but on mobile there are less options on the editor. Is there any kind of mark up syntax like bbcode (for example) to use in place of the full editor?

Thank you :3

Not sure if this will help you, but the documentation for the forum software can be found here.

https://invisioncommunity.com/

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Katsudon
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Not sure if this will help you, but the documentation for the forum software can be found here.

https://invisioncommunity.com/

Ah thanks! It seems like bbcode is very divisive over there XD so I guess everyone gets to enjoy my posts free of formatting hijinks haha. (Don't worry, I was just looking to see if I could use code to make text smaller for my exasperated in the summer heat asides. It's not a big deal. One of these days I'll return to my laptop, and then I'll be able to see everything that I can't on mobile)

daydreammoment

Once I have posted, can I go back and edit my own post?  If so, how?

BeyondTime
On 10/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, daydreammoment said:

Once I have posted, can I go back and edit my own post?  If so, how?

Yes, but users can’t do this until they are off New Member status. You should have that ability now. 

Sorry, I only just saw this or I would have replied a long time ago. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction