Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sord

Anyone else cuddle with your doll(s)?

Mothiraffe

I admit I've thought about it, but I think I'd be too worried to accidentally mess something up. I often have one sitting with me to watch TV or something, though, and I tend always have one when I'm out and about. I'm one of those people who fearlessly take their dolls out into the wide cruel world and then spend an entire three hour car trip trying to get one's leg back on because the DDf3 body exists to test my bleeping patience. In the end though, I think I'm too nervous to ever hold them if I'm not fully awake, but maybe awake-me will have some doll companionship next time I play a game or something!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

20blackbags

Not much of a cuddle, but I like to hold my dolls close when I have them out.

• Like 1

littlebirdzoom

There is always someone with me all the time. I do something very similar to Baldylox does. Everything I do, except cooking because oils (but I have them with me when I bake), I have a girl next to me. At the end of the day after we've eaten and cleaned up I relax with a girl next to me. My day wouldn't be complete without the ritual. When I sleep I sometimes put them on the pillow next to me or cuddle them a little, but I don't worry because I am a VERY still sleeper. Like "is she dead" still. So breakage most likely won't happen but I wouldn't do that with some of my girls with special faceups.

When I watch stuff I curl them next to me and cuddle/hug them and kiss their heads. I can mostly only do this stuff at night though after I put my parrot to sleep because she HATES the dolls and I'm not about to keep her in the cage while I'm home so I can have a doll out instead. That's not right by any stretch. I wish they could both get along though lol

• Like 2

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

TiltyBird

I get quite severe paranoia when my husband is at work so my girl is my protector 💜 I'll just sit with her, or if I have a nap I'll sit her beside me on the bed so that she can make sure nothing can "get" me while I'm trying to rest - she comes with me to the doctor/therapist because I need the moral support; and sometimes to work with me, because I work with my mother and I need all the backup I can get LOL

• Like 1

Juxtaposition

As much as I enjoy my Dollfie Dream, I like my SD resin dolls better for hugging, specifically the two biggest SDs. 🙂 There's something comforting about their weight, and their size makes for a comfortable hug.

There's something satisfying about the texture and softness of the DD material, though. If I had a vinyl doll about the size of my big SD guys, I think I might enjoy hugging a larger vinyl doll. 🙂

Silent

Not only cuddle. I even kiss them on head. :) Then do pat pat and say "good doll." :)

• Like 1

Nemu

Ah! I do! I have a bunch of resin dolls but my Nemu Asakura is by far the one I take with me everywhere. I’ve been sick recently and so I’ve just had her in bed with me and watching anime. She’s very comforting! I think my boyfriend will like her too even though he’s a bit afraid of dolls.

Noxxbunny

Sorry to revive a thread...but there's something to be said about the calming effect of DDs!

I used to have a habit of cuddling with Kaito while watching Youtube or anime or playing games. Then I stopped after I moved in with my now husband back in 2019. Just cause I felt self-conscious about it.

I finally had to break and allow myself a long DD cuddling session with my 9S yesterday. I have a surgery coming up and I have a pretty bad phobia of it, so I've been basically inconsolable. In addition to the actual physical pain my condition is causing me too. I can't believe how much it actually for once felt like some of the stress was finally melting away from me!

So from now on and through my hopefully very short recovery(I get to go home the same day), I will be cuddling my DDs again. I feel bad I don't get this kind of relief from hugging my family or my two ferrets or my husband...but hey, if it works it works? 😂 I'll agree that there's just something oddly comforting about hugging their size and weight.

• Like 6

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Xiongmao

I find my Dollfie Towa is a wonderful emotional support doll. I especially like to hold her when she's wearing her long Miku wig. There's definitely something about Towa's head in particular that's super calming. I've laid on my bed holding her during a couple of very stressful episodes this past year.

Also I find that her super squishy body is comforting too. She also has a little aroma of that reassuring new doll smell, though it's not nearly as strong as when she was new.

Finally a few people have seen her irl but last month I took her to my sister in law's house and she was absolutely overwhelmed at how gorgeous a Dollfie doll is in real life. She has a couple of Blythe's and an Etsy store but I guess a Dollfie is a whole different proposition altogether.

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Katherine
On 3/30/2019 at 4:43 AM, KonekoHigure said:

It happened to me once. It was a few years ago. I was taking care of one of my dolls and some bad news came in, so I cuddled her until I felt less bad. It didn't happen since 

I can relate.. although I think now it would happen more often just because they're more special now?

moerunamida

I have my newest girl, Tularea, sitting on my lap. The new vinyl smell combined with my kitty on my other leg is a wonderful calm inducer.

• Like 2

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Tasuke

i'd likely be cuddling my little Cocoa Bean half to death if she was large enough for it.

in any case, besides sitting her nearby, i generally have to make do with simply holding her...

Konomi_Beddie-Bye_2021_RESIZE_40.jpg?wid

Konomi_Yuzuhara_1-7-22_2_RESIZE_30.jpg?w

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 3

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

CocosContestHall

Whenever I feel down at night, I think of hugging my DDS Uzuki. Sometimes my thoughts become reality. 

• Like 1

Starwaia

Not to get too detailed but I've been having a fairly strong bout of depression lately and I think I want to start having my dolls near me again. For a while I stopped keeping them with me because (for my resins) fear of yellowing or (for my vinyls) fear of staining, but also there was a little bit of feeling self conscious since I do live with family and while they are mostly supportive (or rather, accepting) of my doll hobby, I've been starting to be more aware that it's not the most "common" thing. It's silly and to be honest probably related to negative moods I get into, but I do miss them and I want to hold them again. TBH part of it is that I'd been feeling like I've been neglecting one or giving another more attention and feeling bad about it even before the depression, so I might look into that list idea like what Baldylox does despite my not having nearly as many dolls at home to "manage"/work around, so to speak. 😉

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Emil

As a fairly small (4'10 or maybe 4'11 on a good day 🥲) person with a queen size bed, I usually have someone tucked in next to me. It's comforting in a similar way that a cat on the bed is comforting (at least DDs don't have claws to make biscuits with... yet)

Honestly, my reasoning in general is just... if they're that expensive, I'm going to have fun with them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

battrastard
17 minutes ago, Emil said:

It's comforting in a similar way that a cat on the bed is comforting (at least DDs don't have claws to make biscuits with... yet)

And, it's been repeatedly confirmed that cute Kiddos chilling with cats are adorable!!@onion24@

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Xiongmao

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Towa is still a huge comfort to me, even though she is overwhelmed with sorting out all of the new arrivals.

Towa is still my primary emotional support doll. I used to bring them all in to the living room in the evening but now there are so many they are on rotation.

I work from home and the Pureneemos do occasionally act as my coding rubber ducks (if you get stuck while coding you're meant to tell your 🦆 the problems you're having). I have a different Pureneemo for each specific task.

Of all the new arrivals I think the MDD reboot of Marisa Kirisame is starting to become a firm favourite. She has an adorable faceup and her default outfit is so fantastic I'll probably never put her in anything else. I just know my sister in law would go absolutely crazy over her. My only regret is not getting her in time for Halloween. That I got her at all is entirely due to my superstitious nature. I found Iori for sale on Mercari, and the same seller also listed Marisa for sale. So I kept them both together. I hope they repay me in positive karma.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

PolitelyNefarious

Anyone who has seen me on chat knows that I have a penchant for letting a doll sit on my shoulder. This is partially due to a lack of display space, but I do like to hold my dolls and pet their heads at the end of a long work day. Like Baldylox, I have too many to do this at once (counting the resin and Pullip/Blythe/misc. too), but it's a perk of figures larger than six-to-ten inches.

Cuddlewise, while resin is sturdier and has the rhythm of the bent elastic, vinyl's softness makes a nice texture to hold. I don't usually cuddle my dolls, but any vinyl on a sturdy frame should make a nice, gently-huggable companion.

Usually they hang out on the desk with me while I play World of Warcraft or fill out forms.

• Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

RyuichiSakuma13

I do, especially when they first arrive home. 

I have mostly BJDs, and I cuddled and napped with each one of them when they first came home.  My partner is usually working during these naps, so the doll would go on the temporarily unused side of the bed, even the tardigrad and bird BJDs I have have napped with me. 

And now, it was my first vinyl, Hatsune Miku...with her famous hair braided so it doesn't get ruined.  I don't move much when I nap, so any doll is safe.

Its how I bond with my dolls, and probably why I can't ever sell any of them.  We're bonded! 😅

Ryu

• Like 4

babybluebunnyboy

I love the idea of hugging your little babies, gently brushing their hair and admiring their sweet face :,)
Dolls are just little sweet babies we all care for!

• Like 1

Calyps0Kitt3n

Not necessarily cuddle, but I love having them sit next to me in bed watching a movie. Or when I'm working at my desk, having them sit and watch me. I would do this a lot more if have a cat that likes to bite anything and everything I pay attention to though. Usually keep the two I have in a closed room because of this lol.

RozenGermain

Sometimes I like to cuddle them? I kinda find it embarrassing but... yeah I do it.

RyuichiSakuma13
On 5/6/2023 at 6:34 PM, babybluebunnyboy said:

I love the idea of hugging your little babies, gently brushing their hair and admiring their sweet face :,)
Dolls are just little sweet babies we all care for!

Well, I have to admit that i don't think of My Crew (BJDs and Miku) as "my babies," I think of them as my roommates.  

Right now, I have Miku sitting next to me as I watch Metalopocalypse. @onion20@

Ryu 

• Like 1