The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rella

I want to improve the first dress I made my doll. Any ideas?

Rella

Hey! spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngI want to improve the first dress I made my doll. I’m not sure what to add..any ideas?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Rella-Chan622
  • Like 2

cfx

I like it as is because I tend to like a more plain design without a lot of added-on stuff.

That said, maybe a bow on the bust?

RoseEtoile

I really love this dress 😄 I think it turned out adorable! That said, I could see adding a ruffle to the bottom for a little more decoration, if your girl would be into something more frilly!

Poofiemus

Since Miku's a washboard, maybe use some more of the lace to make either straps or a halter neck to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.  I'm kind of leaning towards the idea of halter, personally. 

Also, since that fabric looks like linen, a good ironing will probably go a long way to making it look more finished!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Laylian
On 4/7/2019 at 10:00 PM, Poofiemus said:

Since Miku's a washboard, maybe use some more of the lace to make either straps or a halter neck to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.  I'm kind of leaning towards the idea of halter, personally. 

Also, since that fabric looks like linen, a good ironing will probably go a long way to making it look more finished!

Seconding the idea of a halter or strap sort of idea. It still keeps it fun and fashionable, but I feel like it needs something up top. Maybe even some lace or applique on the front? It's really cute though :)

Lyrajean

If you have a bit more of that fabric I think a tailored belt would improve the dress and how Miku looks in it. the top and hem have a lot of floppy lace and adding a bit more floppy lace as a belt is a lot of floppy lace. Just my opinion. There is no right way to design or sew an outfit.

werewolfisms

it looks great! maybe something around her neck would help balance the dress? 

spencer, he/him, doll dad to pero (DDH01) :classic_love:

Riesz

It looks really cute as it is!  If you wanted, you could sew a few little beads on the bust to mimic buttons.

illiana-hecate

I think a long necklace with a noticeable pendant of aqua color or a beach hat from hobby lobby and a white shawl of semi transparent fabric would add a spring/summer feel to it