Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anifee - Fairyland’s Vinyl Line

freakie-oppa

Fairyland resin is surprisingly, actually not cheap. Far from it to be honest. The reason it can feel cheap is because their resin is made to be thinner so they can stretch the limits of the impossible with their posing. VOLKS, Crobidoll- and most companies for that matter, are thicker not just in the body size, their resin is the general standard thickness. Thick resin, and thicker limbs feel expensive, but they interfere with the mobility of joints, for several reasons. The 'cheap' resin is what makes FL the most consistently, and naturally posable BJDs in the industry so far. Whilst it is thinner, their quality is still good. 😄Fairyland dolls, because of their pricing, and their mobility, is considered more of a luxury, they're not meant to be dolls you sling around for the hell of it like usual. Is it unfortunate? Maybe but hey, every company has a merit and a flaw. Fairyland just happens to merit in posing, over material thickness.

However, I do find the combination of other materials still odd. I don't exactly see the marriage of two different materials when it comes to plastic, being harmonious? Maybe I just haven't seen one that really works 100%. Resin, no matter how much UV protection they put into it, is still going to yellow quicker compared to vinyl. Just, a little odd that the head would be resin if they have a factory to manufacturing a vinyl body. 

Edited by freakie-oppa
  • Like 1

Monty

I hadn’t even considered the possibility that the head would yellow at a different rate to the body.  That worries me a lot considering the crowd they are marketing them towards (regular anime figure fans who buy stuff on amiami) are likely not going to know about recommended resin care as Cauldroness has said.

Im not sure if it would be a deal breaker if they actually did release a character I would want and did a good job on the face sculpt, but it does make me less enthusiastic, especially since they cost around the same as a minifee (more?) anyway. 

Edit: as for why they are doing that I do understand it. Yes they have the means to make a vinyl body, but vinyl molds are expensive. The four dolls so far have the same body but different head sculpts. They obviously had to choose between wanting to do unique sculpts in resin (since resin is easier and cheaper to mold) or give everyone the same head sculpt in different faceups in vinyl. 

I wish they’d started with the Nekopara girls and done them in full vinyl instead of starting with Hachiroku who is definitely not as popular or even well known a character, and maybe then the molds could have paid for themselves. 

I don’t know if they ever plan to sell Anifee heads separate, but tbh I’m much more interested in putting an Anifee head on a Minifee body. At least then, besides just the material mismatch, she could wear dark clothes without worry. 

Edited by Monty

lunadiviner

I like the idea of putting an Anifee head on a Minifee body! The bodies seem to have an almost identical aesthetic and proportions. I wonder if the Anifee will have the Minifee "turnkey" neck connector? I guess we won't know until someone takes it apart.

hellFlower

hmm, anifees having a resin head is a little less than appealing though it's certainly not going to stop me from getting the moths out the wallet.

i think the idea of keeping these guys in their box out of fear of the resin yellowing is a bit silly though, my resin girls haven't yellowed as far as i can tell in in the time i've had them and they're out all the time. i don't have any experience with fairyland specifically but i can't imagine their resin being so much different that it's something you need to do.

here's hoping that anifee's having resin head is a sort of an early adopter thing and that when the line gets more popular (and more profitable) they start making vinyl heads as well

freakie-oppa

Well, as someone that's been in the resin community for over 12 years, I must say,haven't experienced yellowing in a serious degree, even from a company that is notorious for uneven yellowing. I think like most plastics, though, I think keeping them out of the direct sun is an obvious thing. I guess yellowing is a problem you'd usually notice in a few years time.

I too, like the idea of putting an Anifee head on a Minifee body, and I also like the idea of a turn key mechanism, even if it would ostracize the head from other vinyl hybrid opportunities. Turn keys are like the bees knees. <3

I suppose that is true, I know resin can be casted in a smaller vat compared to vinyl so I can see the reason for cutting down on costs, and to also connect the Anifee to the rest of their doll lines. It also opens up the prospect of other MSD resin heads fitting onto it. It does make sense. I am very interested in the Anifee chest joint though. I know the cutesy stomach arch is something I can't achieve at the moment with my other vinyl dolls, but if Fairyland can push the boundaries, that would be adorable.

Edited by freakie-oppa

Shailara

To each their own I guess, personally I find it cheap (not just cause of weight) and their posing limited (natural looking but limited).

My experience has been that my Fairyland dolls would start yellowing after the first year, and I keep my shutters closed 24/7. As has been the same experience for all my local doll collectors (not many, mind you). Maybe FL dislikes Greece and they keep sending us their faulty batches. I like the color better after they are mellowed personally, so I was always glad that they yellow fast. But when they have a vinyl body, it's going to be a problem, probably, maybe, to some people. It's worth mentioning, I think, so people can be warned that in a year, or two years, or three years the head is not going to match the body anymore. Also, while vinyl also yellows, will it yellow towards the same hue as resin? I'm curious, cause they use different formulas for coloring different plastics right? So it's possible the vinyl will yellow "differently" to the resin.

I am glad they are releasing that girl first, since I don't want her. I hope people will get her and review her, perhaps even come back a year later, let us know how it's all going, how they can get replacements if something breaks, stuff like that. I hope they delay 416 as much as possible, so I have a clearer picture of whether I want to try her out or not.

• Like 1

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

cfx

There are some other pictures here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1907250.html

While I think these look nice, the resin head + vinyl body means I'll never buy one. Having to be concerned about different yellowing, or keeping the doll boxed all the time, is stress I don't need. Personally I don't see the point of owning something that has to stay hidden and boxed up all the time.

Jezrah

Personally I likely wouldn't get one. I don't mind too much that the head is resin when the body is vinyl; that's how the original SQ Lab dolls were before they made their own body line. I have a decently high tolerance for the head being a different shade than the body as long as the difference isn't really drastic. For me it's the scale. If they wont look in scale with my existing dolls I won't get one- they must be 1/3 scale. 

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

littlebirdzoom

Fairyland is definitely more "cheap" feeling. The majority of my Fairyland dolls have come with issues that shouldn't pass quality inspection and no I'm not that picky, their fantasy parts feel... dry? Brittle? It's hard to pin, but they feel like they're going to break. Fairyland is a pretty lazy company overall to be honest, recasting their own heads and someone just posted about body shrinkage. Yet they're very expensive (even though their posing ability is terrible. It LOOKS nice, but it's not good), I don't get it. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's not like I'm the first, second or hundredth person saying this. 

As much as I want to love them I hope the other Anifees don't come with resin heads because they defeats the main selling points of vinyl dolls - the anti breakage and yellowing. It's definitely going to be unevenly colored. That being said/ranted about - I certainly hope the vinyl line is good. It seems harder - if not impossible - for vinyl to have the quality issues that their resin does, so I'm extremely curious to see how it goes. Like, that's all I can think about. Fairyland dolls are cute, I'd love to have one without the issues. Saving money for the possible Nekopara ones though :s 

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 2

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Selenae
36 minutes ago, littlebirdzoom said:

Fairyland is definitely more "cheap" feeling. The majority of my Fairyland dolls have come with issues that shouldn't pass quality inspection and no I'm not that picky, their fantasy parts feel... dry? Brittle? It's hard to pin, but they feel like they're going to break. Fairyland is a pretty lazy company overall to be honest, recasting their own heads and someone just posted about body shrinkage. Yet they're very expensive (even though their posing ability is terrible. It LOOKS nice, but it's not good), I don't get it. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's not like I'm the first, second or hundredth person saying this. 

As much as I want to love them I hope the other Anifees don't come with resin heads because they defeats the main selling points of vinyl dolls - the anti breakage and yellowing. It's definitely going to be unevenly colored. That being said/ranted about - I certainly hope the vinyl line is good. It seems harder - if not impossible - for vinyl to have the quality issues that their resin does, so I'm extremely curious to see how it goes. Like, that's all I can think about. Fairyland dolls are cute, I'd love to have one without the issues. Saving money for the possible Nekopara ones though :s 

Oh yeah, I have friends with FL resin dolls with thin spots and defects everywhere. It's definitely not just you; and I'd also be very wary of defects on their vinyl line, too, seeing as they don't seem to care about QC much. But people seem to love their dolls regardless of this, which is something I'll never understand about FL apologists.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

sinclair

spacer.png

spacer.png

Seriously, I need someone to give me step by step instructions to get Vanilla.  I would rather have a DD Vanilla, but since it doesn't look like they will, I'll take this instead.  And even if Volks does make her, then I'll have double the Vanilla.

spacer.png

CaffeinatedCake

I'm so excited for these but MAN the resin head thing is very ??? to me. Like I know it can be done but hrrrm. 

Either way I'm personally hoping for the success for Chocola and Vanilla in particular so my best girl and her gf maybe get made! I would die for a Maple ;-; And if I get Maple I have to get Cinnamon!

Honestly if I could afford it I'd buy all of them. I'm not really into Chocola in particular and I don't like her face (I don't like dynamic expressions in my dolls) but Vanilla is SUPER cute and I think the others would be SUPER CUTE if they didn't have the same kind of dynamic expression Chocola does. To be fair, the expression DOES fit Chocola perfectly but. Not my jam.

Anyway I'm very excited to see how this line pans out and how they hold up over time. 

Help! I fell into DD hell!

Janeway

Holy batman 😻 l like the looks. Now to see if DDE will have layaway for this girl. 

Cauldroness

It doesn't look like AniFee is available through Fairyland or DDE. I know she's up for pre-order on AmiAmi with a March 2020 delivery. I think AmiAmi doesn't make you pay until they have the item in stock & ready to ship...?

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

cfx
1 hour ago, Cauldroness said:

I think AmiAmi doesn't make you pay until they have the item in stock & ready to ship...?

This is correct. They send you an email at the time with an order total including shipping, and give you a week to pay.

Misuka
On 10/2/2019 at 10:19 AM, Cauldroness said:

It doesn't look like AniFee is available through Fairyland or DDE. I know she's up for pre-order on AmiAmi with a March 2020 delivery. I think AmiAmi doesn't make you pay until they have the item in stock & ready to ship...?

This is really upsetting. I was hoping she would have a release on Fairyland, but it looks like its a general public release, more like Azone's dolls.

Yuichan

This looks very interesting, it's definitely something i would jump into. I really liked their Bodys and their Aesthetics, but the fact that their resin Bodys have really bad seamlines and just overall a bad repute (at last from what i've heard) i really prefer the Vinyl Body. Looks like a win-win, at least for me. 

Bild_2021-06-03_171355.png

SiofraLu

I love Fairyland, I love my FL resins, and I would love to have a minifee style vinyl even if it meant being stuck with a resin head. FFS there are tons of gorgeous FL heads I’d looooooove to have on a more sturdy, less breakable vinyl version of the minifee body! I can understand how vinyl collectors would find this very problematic though, and I really do hope they come out with vinyl heads too, because that would make this 100% more awesome! 

(As an aside, I wish everyone had as good an experience with FL as I have so far. We spend so much on our hobby, it shouldn’t be a gamble if you’re going to get a good quality product or not. *hugs for everyone*) 

• Like 1

Janeway

I pre ordered this. She a cutie. This is my b day/Christmas gift to myself.

FIGURE-051383_01.jpg

• Like 1

littlebirdzoom

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-056336https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-056337

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-056337

Nekopara dolls are up. Not sure if it's Fairyland (which doesn't surprise me, because their dolls are more expensive on average anyway) or if it's licensing but holy crap that price for a 1/4, accessories or not

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 1

Monty

I kinda woulda thought they'd wait for Hachiroku to release before putting the next ones up for preorder - she isnt out for another month. (edit: and her preorder is still open, so at least these ones seem pretty easy to get) I...do not like Nekopara at all and have zero opinion on Maitetsu but I still have some vague interest in the line so am hoping to see an in-depth review of them. Although that kinda price for a 1/4 doll is kinda a turn-off for me, even more than the resin heads.

Edited by Monty

magique

I mean, isn't that the same price as MDD Arle is being sold for lol? Nekopara's really silly imo but the white one's sculpt is very cute! These are pretty faithful recreations. 

littlebirdzoom
24 minutes ago, sweets said:

I mean, isn't that the same price as MDD Arle is being sold for lol? Nekopara's really silly imo but the white one's sculpt is very cute! These are pretty faithful recreations. 

Arle comes with more and Nekopara's outfits are pretty basic. I mean the list goes on, but regardless FL is usually higher priced than other companies. But this has literally been discussed... everywhere so I'm not going to start again.

I feel conflicted. when I first saw their previews I was determined to get one because I love Nekopara, but knowing their heads are resin it just feels like a huge money sink into something that.. well.. a) is uncertain if they'll get interchangeable parts or hands in the future and b) will yellow unevenly in the future. We'll see. Anyone else going after them? I wonder if they're available on any dealer websites

Edited by littlebirdzoom

cfx
21 minutes ago, littlebirdzoom said:

Anyone else going after them?

Not me. I think they're all nice, but cutesy dolls like the Nekopara pair aren't my thing. I do like Hachiroku, but prefer having all my dolls in the same scale (1/3) and there's just other things I like more and I only want a certain number of dolls total, but mainly it is the resin head that makes these an automatic "no" for me.

I'm paranoid enough about my DDs yellowing or aging, the vinyl stuff like shoes falling apart, etc. I don't need to add resin into that mix.

Or to put it another way, when this topic first was first posted, I was interested. Maybe wasn't buying, but really wanted to see more and was interested. As soon as the info about the heads being resin came out, my interest went to basically zero and I put these out of mind to the extent I'd completely forgotten about them until this topic was bumped today. :-|

The fact that I was interested is why I posted this here, as I don't generally feel just being negative "I don't like <thing>" is all that constructive, but I hope I didn't do just that here. And if someone does get any of them I'm interested in seeing pictures still for sure.

Edited by cfx