The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Manoogany

Obitsu65 male with dollfie dream elbows.

Manoogany

So I bit the bullet and bought dollfie dream elbows and modded them to fit my obitsu 65cm boy.

He was previously wearing the 40-50cm kneecaps as elbows and allthough they were functional they did not look asthetically pleasing.

The first picture shows the size comparison of the two elbows, the 40-50cm knee on the left. Its hard to belive something so big actually fit  the second shows what the 40-50 knees looked like when they were installed.  He definitely needed sleeves to cover those up.

The modifications needed to fit the dollfie dream elbows to the obitsu arms was easier than I had anticipated.After sanding the shoulder frame to be thinner and widening the opening of the upper arm for the elbow to slide in and out it actually installed prettysmoothy.

The end result is a smooth sleek arms that have the unique hidden joint feature that the dollfie dream arms have. Enabling the doll to be double jointed and single jointed when pushing the arms back in. It also makes the dolls arms a more natural length as the obitsu knees made the arms way too long.

No more long sleeves for this boy!He is proud to show his arms off!

received_431395414261702.jpeg

IMG_20190408_224337_392.jpg

received_344248779533598.jpeg

received_643684676082888.jpeg

received_2307283346215848.jpeg

received_380912892636807.jpeg

received_2206214956294403.jpeg

• Like 4

DistortedDiva

I saw this on facebook! He looks soso lovely, and this brings me some hope of getting my girl a boyfriend some day <3 I've never really liked the Obitsu elbow and knee joint...

• Like 1

RainAndSnow

Wow! That must've taken quite the engineering to figure that out! It looks so much better now though. Nice job! 😄

• Like 1

Manoogany
On 4/17/2019 at 7:29 PM, DistortedDiva said:

I saw this on facebook! He looks soso lovely, and this brings me some hope of getting my girl a boyfriend some day <3 I've never really liked the Obitsu elbow and knee joint...

Yes! I hope ive given you lots of ideas for future boys! Tbh I really hope that volks will release the boy bodys as a standard option someday. Ive never been fond of the blocky kneecaps that the 40-50cm obitsu bodies have as well. But ive been able to hide them with stockings or pants :)

Edited by Manoogany
  • Like 1

Manoogany
On 4/19/2019 at 7:31 PM, RainAndSnow said:

Wow! That must've taken quite the engineering to figure that out! It looks so much better now though. Nice job! 😄

Yes ive been tinkering with the body off and on for about a little more than a year. I have a graveyard of parts left behind from figuring out what does and. Doesnt work xD 

But I was confident that I can make this work because he has such big arms, I knew that he can take the new joint with no space issues.

• Like 1

n-ot

I saw your post on facebook a while ago- but i didn't imagine the old joints were that bulky and big. He looks amazing now! Good job :3

Manoogany
3 minutes ago, n-ot said:

I saw your post on facebook a while ago- but i didn't imagine the old joints were that bulky and big. He looks amazing now! Good job :3

Thank you! I appreciate your compliment! <3

His original joint was tiny and single jointed, but I had wanted to get him something better so I expieremented between a couple of diffrent joints untill I settled on this one. It makes him look much better in my opinon. :) 

n-ot
Just now, Manoogany said:

Thank you! I appreciate your compliment! <3

His original joint was tiny and single jointed, but I had wanted to get him something better so I expieremented between a couple of diffrent joints untill I settled on this one. It makes him look much better in my opinon. :) 

All your hard work was definitly worth it. Something that turns me off in parabox bodies are the big double jointed elbows and knees, I guess it's a way to get a lot of mobility and pose ability, but I much rather have the Volks double joint which is much more aesthetically pleasing.

• Like 1

werewolfisms

Wow! Nice job-- the difference is huge!! (Ps, his face is so cute!!)

• Like 1

spencer, he/him, doll dad to pero (DDH01) :classic_love: