Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Pihlajakoto

Cortex release schedule

Pihlajakoto

Time for Cortex is almost here! At the end of Cortex info is release dates for Cortex

The most frequently asked questions are “when is blah available as Cortex?” and “when are the kits available?” If you hear other folks ask the same then direct them to this post to view the latest schedule as follows. Dates subject to change at anytime to favor quality.

2019/05/?? Cortex Complete (Mirai Anniversary, Gaia) soft launch (very limited numbers)

2019/05/20 Cortex Hybrid Mika Jougasaki pre-orders open

2019/05/31 Cortex Hybrid Mika Jougasaki shipping starts

2019/06/13 Cortex Complete (Mirai Anniversary, Gaia, Melody) official launch + shipping

This is the schedule so far - if what you want is not on the schedule then wait until it is 😉

I did not expect Mika Jougasaki to be Cortex, but this is a very interesting news 😄

Edited by Pihlajakoto
Edited launch time
  • Like 1

My blog Pihlajakoto

Mothiraffe

@Pihlajakoto from what I read, all of the licensed SmD will be Cortex hybrids in the future, to allow them to be manufactured more efficiently or something like that.

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Pihlajakoto

I would not mind that :D I I hope itt would mean One Piece Nami rerelease, Zoro, Luffy, Law, Robin, Carrot etc dolls :D I could actually afford all of them or at least few more than vinyl versions. And as I'm not that into SmD desing character dolls sound far more interesting

My blog Pihlajakoto

Mothiraffe

I'm honestly excited for Cortex since they're more stain-resistant and will probably handle being a "travel doll" better -- I like to have my dolls out and about with me, so the idea of a doll that's a little more sturdy is always appealing! (The price different is always a big help, too xP )

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Zaliayn

Super excited to have some release dates on the table for Cortex now. I'm not sure if I'll get a Mirai Anniversary when she's released, or wait and see which other girls are going to have Cortex releases this year. I would very much like a Smart Doll with the Trinity head mold at some point... 😀

c4tbus

yess! so excited for cortex! really excited for a different kind of diy/crafting experience with a 1/3 scale doll (basically something aside from faceups, sewing, and other general crafting)

i wonder if plamo hair is going to be included in these releases or if that is going to come later ....... 

UnderOrange
5 hours ago, c4tbus said:

i wonder if plamo hair is going to be included in these releases or if that is going to come later ....... 

I suspect later, just because we only first saw it so recently. I'm looking forward to it, too. I think it has a really fun dynamic look!

UnaArista

Great news! Nice to know the Cortex release is happening soon. The wait was long so i hope it would be well worth it. I find this "big action figure" style of Cortex dolls very appealing and would probably feel more at ease handling them than their vinyl counterparts.

Also - just ten days between pre-order start and shipping? Wow. Either they have a huge stock prepared or the production speed of Cortex is THAT much faster than vinyl.

Plamo hair is an interesting concept and something never seen before on this scale, and i'd definately prefer plamo hair over wigs on windy days, but i wonder how longer hairstyles would look in plastic and if they would be possible at all?

Not that i mind short hairstyles 😄 

Laylian

So excited to hear this! I'm really looking forward to Cortex. I wonder if they'll ever do the boys (though I'm not holding out hope, haha). Has he said anything about what the price will be?

c4tbus
19 hours ago, UnderOrange said:

I suspect later, just because we only first saw it so recently. I'm looking forward to it, too. I think it has a really fun dynamic look!

that is a good point! i can’t help but wonder if the plamo hair will be released in conjunction with the final boss grade kits later this year. it would make sense because it might appeal more to model maker types than a fiber wig. 

11 hours ago, UnaArista said:

Plamo hair is an interesting concept and something never seen before on this scale, and i'd definately prefer plamo hair over wigs on windy days, but i wonder how longer hairstyles would look in plastic and if they would be possible at all?

Not that i mind short hairstyles 😄 

i expect it’s gonna be shorter styles only because of movement restriction and how fragile the long parts might become. i hope that they play with a variety of styles though! maybe something similar to twist out or even some cute updos!

also, i really hope that the full cortex girls sell super well that they will put more head molds into development. i would love to see some of the newer characters available in the sooner rather than later future. specifically oceana. i would not be seen adding a doll to my cart faster than a final boss grade full cortex oceana. 

UnderOrange
49 minutes ago, c4tbus said:

that is a good point! i can’t help but wonder if the plamo hair will be released in conjunction with the final boss grade kits later this year. it would make sense because it might appeal more to model maker types than a fiber wig. 

i expect it’s gonna be shorter styles only because of movement restriction and how fragile the long parts might become. i hope that they play with a variety of styles though! maybe something similar to twist out or even some cute updos!

also, i really hope that the full cortex girls sell super well that they will put more head molds into development. i would love to see some of the newer characters available in the sooner rather than later future. specifically oceana. i would not be seen adding a doll to my cart faster than a final boss grade full cortex oceana. 

Oooh that's a great point about the plamo hair being most appealing to model makers. (kinda odd how fond I am of it, considering I come from resin land, lol)

I'm definitely hoping he starts releasing everyone in cortex soon, I just seriously lucked out that I desperately want Gaia and she's one of the first to be released.

c4tbus
On 4/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, UnderOrange said:

Oooh that's a great point about the plamo hair being most appealing to model makers. (kinda odd how fond I am of it, considering I come from resin land, lol)

I'm definitely hoping he starts releasing everyone in cortex soon, I just seriously lucked out that I desperately want Gaia and she's one of the first to be released.

ah! that is lucky! i think the prowess/oceana (someone correct me if they’re not actually the same sculpt) is one of the newest so i can only imagine it will be one of the last to go cortex. 😥

UnderOrange
8 minutes ago, c4tbus said:

ah! that is lucky! i think the prowess/oceana (someone correct me if they’re not actually the same sculpt) is one of the newest so i can only imagine it will be one of the last to go cortex. 😥

They are the same, along with Summer and Haruka. Definitely cuties, I hope they come up soon for you!

c4tbus
4 hours ago, UnderOrange said:

They are the same, along with Summer and Haruka. Definitely cuties, I hope they come up soon for you!

woah! i didn’t realize summer and haruka were also that sculpt! do you know if ruby is the same? or is she a different one?

Lyrajean

Very excited about cortex release. Trinity and Kanata are on my want list. I wonder if there are any plans to remake Eiji in cortex? I suppose that would be a ways down the road.

UnderOrange
1 hour ago, c4tbus said:

woah! i didn’t realize summer and haruka were also that sculpt! do you know if ruby is the same? or is she a different one?

Ruby is different, she's in the Starlight and Sana camp. 😊

• Like 1

vamlest1

Been ready for cortex too long now.......come on danny take my money....:)

cfx
On 4/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, c4tbus said:

Plamo hair was shown on instagram on April 1 so I wouldn't count on it being a real product, though sometimes Danny "reverse trolls" so it might still be.

c4tbus
On 4/27/2019 at 8:16 AM, cfx said:

Plamo hair was shown on instagram on April 1 so I wouldn't count on it being a real product, though sometimes Danny "reverse trolls" so it might still be.

he also announced on the same day that only one of the products (fuzzy puppies) was fake. the fuzzy puppies were removed from the coming soon section of the site, while plamo hair, mirai wear, bronze statue smart doll, and the smart doll plus are still up. 

cfx

I don't keep up much so I missed that. Still, it might be a one-time limited thing. He did the same thing last year with some of the Arpil 1 announcements being real, but the 70's hairstyle wigs and boob coin banks came and went so quick I never saw them for sale, if they actually were. Lady Liberty lasted a while but is now discontinued, etc.

BeyondTime
On 4/28/2019 at 5:29 AM, c4tbus said:

he also announced on the same day that only one of the products (fuzzy puppies) was fake. the fuzzy puppies were removed from the coming soon section of the site, while plamo hair, mirai wear, bronze statue smart doll, and the smart doll plus are still up. 

If you think about it in the context of Superhero collabs it makes total sense.  A lot of superhero characters hairstyles would not work well with a traditional wig, and while you likely do have superhero figure collectors that would love a two foot tall He-man in their collection I’m betting they probably aren’t into combing his hair.  

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

vamlest1

The plamo hair is the best thing i want him to put out......I have some like it on other dolls.....fantastic o

Panda_Dolliess

Hopefully he will be able to stick to the schedule. I know there can be many behind the scene problems that can effect release dates. I'm still holding off on purchasing anything until we hear about the Cocoa Cortexes. That's what I'm waiting on...

Mothiraffe

@DaemonNoyz to spite me personally. 😕

I hope we get an update on this soon. If there's just open communication- machinery malfunction, building stock to meet expected demand, what have you, I'd be so understanding. 

Has Danny actually put a price to Cortex dolls yet?

Edited by Mothiraffe
forgot to ask my question
  • Like 1