Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

bbotss
7 hours ago, Selenae said:

I'd really hate to think FFD was a willing participant in this (possibly illegal?) ban list. Iris is super sweet, and FFD is my favorite place to buy Azone's Pure Neemo dolls from. 😔

I also get my DS ver Azone dolls from Iris. She is always quick to respond to my non-smd queries.

My smd queries all went unanswered. (I asked about Majesty, Shiki and blue Singularity.)

Someone else who is also banned also recently reached out to Iris about smd, and she never responded to his email. She did, however, respond to his request for an invoice for non-smd items.

Tbh, I'm disappointed in Iris.

• Sad 4

apag22
15 minutes ago, bbotss said:

I wouldn't put it past DC to threaten legal action against Iris, tbh. It really sucks, but if other people still want smd goodies from her shop she may just have to do the hard thing.

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

finnleo
34 minutes ago, apag22 said:

I wouldn't put it past DC to threaten legal action against Iris, tbh. It really sucks, but if other people still want smd goodies from her shop she may just have to do the hard thing.

a official reseller is pretty much just that, a reseller. depending on the nitty gritty of how they are doing the sales arrangement, does fabric friends buy in stock from culture japan, or do they have just a retainer service, where they just hold onto the stock and get a slice of the profits during the final sale.

As a layman opinion, I think the biggest real threat would probably be the loss of the reseller contract with culture japan, as a one-sided termination of it, since I would believe that a sales contract is just for selling stuff with the general terms of conduct (retainer, or reseller with maybe a discount for inventory purchases), not to cater to specific whims of the producer.

But I do have to give props that Fabric friends are only limiting the restrictions to just culture japan stuff, and going about their business with CJ-tagged people as usual otherwise. ... actually sort of see this as flipping the bird under the table so to speak.

bbotss
36 minutes ago, finnleo said:

But I do have to give props that Fabric friends are only limiting the restrictions to just culture japan stuff, and going about their business with CJ-tagged people as usual otherwise. ... actually sort of see this as flipping the bird under the table so to speak.

I would say it's just for their own interest though. No store would want to blacklist clients from ALL their products just because of ONE petty manchild, since it would mean a decrease in their own sales revenue. Shoe baby can still run to daddy if he needs funds, but his dealers don't have that option.

Edit: @apag22 I wish she would just be honest and tell me that she can't sell to me because I'm banned. Not just keep quiet. I understand if her hands are tied, but just ignoring emails/keeping quiet doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by bbotss
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, finnleo said:

I think that tends to support my earlier point. He can tell his resellers who they can't do business with, but he's unlikely to have any real pull with people who aren't dependent on him for their livelihood.

Not to mention what could happen to him if in order to shut down their ability to business with anyone in his network, he falsely accused people who criticized him on social media had engaged in fraudulent transactions. Dunno about Japanese defamation law, but in the western world a false statement of objectively verifiable fact, published with knowing or reckless disregarded for the truth, and which causes harm, can get you successfully sued for defamation.

I'm very skeptical that he would actually accuse people of reversing charges, since that is so readily disprovable. Most likely he's just extended his ban hammer to his resellers.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
15 minutes ago, bbotss said:

I would say it's just for their own interest though.

1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

He can tell his resellers who they can't do business with, but he's unlikely to have any real pull with people who aren't dependent on him for their livelihood.

Yes... this is how the world works in reality (tm) ... My point rather being, that can you deny the possibility that senpai might have tried to deny all sales related to people on his poop-reel?

so for business to carry on as usual is a sign of better things for me.

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, finnleo said:

My point rather being, that can you deny the possibility that senpai might have tried to deny all sales related to people on his poop-reel?

No, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Assuming you meant "can't' and not 'can' here.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Assuming you meant "can't' and not 'can' here.

A bit going off topic...

my morning run exhausted noodle still parses it as functional in terms of suggesting senpais actions perhaps with a weird word structure ... but if you want, I can regress into full ralli-enklish... some profanity:

(our native grammar works in mysterious ways...)

Katsudon
4 hours ago, bbotss said:

I also get my DS ver Azone dolls from Iris. She is always quick to respond to my non-smd queries.

My smd queries all went unanswered. (I asked about Majesty, Shiki and blue Singularity.)

Someone else who is also banned also recently reached out to Iris about smd, and she never responded to his email. She did, however, respond to his request for an invoice for non-smd items.

That sucks. And has me convinced to buy Azone stuff elsewhere. 😕 I guess with Singularity she was already overwhelmed with demand according to things people were posting on Facebook, but that's not so much of an excuse with the other dolls.

• Like 2

CrazyDollPerson
5 hours ago, bbotss said:

I would say it's just for their own interest though. No store would want to blacklist clients from ALL their products just because of ONE petty manchild, since it would mean a decrease in their own sales revenue. Shoe baby can still run to daddy if he needs funds, but his dealers don't have that option.

Edit: @apag22 I wish she would just be honest and tell me that she can't sell to me because I'm banned. Not just keep quiet. I understand if her hands are tied, but just ignoring emails/keeping quiet doesn't sit well with me.

WOW that wouldn't sit well with me either. To literally ignore any emails about SMD but none of the others? I get it, it is a tricky situation for her if this is what is going on, but she would lose my business completely if that kept up. There are plenty of doll shops and ways to get dolls out there that I wouldn't want to support someone who would give in to this. If I were a doll seller I would drop him if he required me not to sell to certain people. I have bought from her, but only as a last resort because her prices are higher on all his stuff and the shipping was always quite high too, but I understand she has to make something off it as well. I am glad I don't do SMD anymore, and stuff like this just solidifies why I want NOTHING to do with these dolls because it isn't just shoeman it is a lot of his fans and now it is trickling into his retailers. Nope nope nope, and nope some more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, finnleo said:

perhaps with a weird word structure

Actually, in this case it was just my slightly addled brain flipping can & you in the sentence. When I re-read it more carefully it made sense as it was.

moerunamida
On 6/9/2021 at 11:36 PM, bbotss said:

Wow, if this is true then that is sad news indeed. I don't buy Danny's stuff anymore, but I may on a rare occasion buy a CJ apparel item. If she is really following along and agreeing to Danny's ridiculous demands, I don't think I can support her anymore either. I need more information though. Any interactions I've had with her have all been pleasant.

Edited by Deyja
  • Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Selenae

@Deyja Same. I don't want to stop supporting Iris, so I need more information as well. I'd like to think her hands are tied, and that she has no choice but to agree to Danny's ridiculous demands.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
22 minutes ago, Selenae said:

@Deyja Same. I don't want to stop supporting Iris, so I need more information as well. I'd like to think her hands are tied, and that she has no choice but to agree to Danny's ridiculous demands.

She may be in a situation where she needs to report all sales back to CJ as a part of her standard business processes, so her hands may be tied if Danny has told her to honor his block list. 

That said, I’m sure he can’t force her to report sales for other brands back to his office or prevent her from selling other brands to people he dislikes. 

I think I kind of feel bad for her. She can’t be blind to what’s going on, and it must really suck to have to act out on someone else’s dysfunctions. 

• Like 5

apag22
18 hours ago, bbotss said:

This is very valid. I agree with you she should be in communication about your status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Zaliayn
18 hours ago, bbotss said:

I wish she would just be honest and tell me that she can't sell to me because I'm banned. Not just keep quiet. I understand if her hands are tied, but just ignoring emails/keeping quiet doesn't sit well with me.

I'm purely speculating here, but I do wonder if DC has requested that Iris doesn't respond to SmD enquiries (as per CJ's 'ignore the "Entitled"' mantra - plus I can't imagine that he cares much to answer questions from resellers asking on behalf of buyers)). If that was the case, and if Iris was aware of how SmD fans are quick to report any perceived transgressions against the brand, she could be reluctant to reply - I seriously would not put it past DC to 'test' if resellers are doing as they are asked.

Like I said I'm just theorising here and I'm the paranoid type, so I wouldn't put weight on my thoughts.

Edited by Zaliayn

bbotss

@Deyja @Selenae I'm pretty sure her hands are tied, since no retailer in their right mind would want to turn down potential sales on someone else's say-so. But like @BeyondTime has said, she probably has no choice if the alternative is to be dropped from the shoe child's list of dealers.

I'm still buying Azone dolls from her, since I get that it's not her fault the shoe child is so petty.

I'm speculating that banned people might still be able to get instock smd stuff from FDD if you purchase and checkout without contacting Iris. Since FDD carries other brands, it wouldn't make sense for them to apply the smd blacklist to the entire website, so unless Iris is manually checking every single order like the shoe child does, purchases for instock items might still be possible.

• Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

Is it just the email address that sets it off? I've probably complained enough to be on a list by now, but I've never tried to make an account on the SmD site and I've been ordering stuff from FFD just fine.

bbotss
2 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Is it just the email address that sets it off? I've probably complained enough to be on a list by now, but I've never tried to make an account on the SmD site and I've been ordering stuff from FFD just fine.

I would guess so, based on what Iris asked when someone (on the hammer list) who had previously preordered Shiki from her emailed her to check if she would still be selling Shiki to them. (She didn't sell Shiki to them in the end, but fortunately they managed to get Shiki through a friend.)

20210611_225505.jpg

monkeypizzasonic

...So basically, this whole fancy possibly-illegal ban list can be gotten around by just contacting dealers through another email account. Cool.

• Like 1

Yumeiro
40 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

...So basically, this whole fancy possibly-illegal ban list can be gotten around by just contacting dealers through another email account. Cool.

As long as dealers are allowed to sell to new/first-time SMD customers...

ChrisFhey

43 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

It can also be avoided by buying DDs instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Weltfremd
37 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

It can also be avoided by buying DDs instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or buying second-hand, lol.

That gets me thinking... if someone banned buys a second-hand doll, gets all the information from previous owner. What about life-time guarantee? Is that void if he doesn't like you?

Edited by Weltfremd

Victoria
3 hours ago, bbotss said:

I would guess so, based on what Iris asked when someone (on the hammer list) who had previously preordered Shiki from her emailed her to check if she would still be selling Shiki to them. (She didn't sell Shiki to them in the end, but fortunately they managed to get Shiki through a friend.)

20210611_225505.jpg

Huh, I thought preordering was not possible? I have contacted her quite early for Shiki and CC and she told me she can't confirm anything before knowing how many she is getting and how much they cost. 

I somehow don't get another reply from her, too. O.o I have asked her whether or not she knows know if I could get a doll and silence since then. I have reminded her today again after one week and  absolutely nothing. Before she was super quick with replies and sent her answers within one day. Idk...  :( I wonder if I'm banned, haha. 

• Sad 1

ChrisFhey
1 hour ago, Weltfremd said:

Or buying second-hand, lol.

That gets me thinking... if someone banned buys a second-hand doll, gets all the information from previous owner. What about life-time guarantee? Is that void if he doesn't like you?

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get any replacement parts unless the original owner requests them in your stead and has them shipped to their original address and then forwards them.

Either way, it'll be quite a hassle, I'd imagine.

• Like 2