Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Katsudon

It did strike me that rewarding the people with the most Smart Doll stuff with more Smart Doll stuff is a vicious cycle. Like, who wins the having the most Smart Doll stuff contest this month? The same people who win every month, Pinky...

Plus, there are a lot of people out there creating and doing other positive work within the community, that isn't just consuming tons of stuff. I don't know, it just feels like there should be more criteria...

Make a creators' section, Danny! 😄

• Like 5

Yumeiro
13 hours ago, davidd said:

Who buys this stuff? Does anybody here on this forum know anybody who has purchased a Smart Doll Anti-Chaos box, or an item from the Garage, or anything "non-standard" from the Smart Doll Store? Or are those buyers so far above and beyond us mere mortals that we could never hope to understand their mindset?

Seems to be "the regulars".
There are a few of the same people/loyalists who get their order-confirmation-screenshots retweeted/liked by the SmartDoll Twitter account. So he can always count on them.
And if he rewards the most regular/loyal customers with free stuff, then why should they not keep coming back, even when he lists junk, if it means they might get special access to unreleased dolls further down the line.

• Like 3

monkeypizzasonic

Here's a crazy idea: why doesn't he give away the bundles of random parts to hyperfans/creators for free so they have extra material to play around with, and sell the actual products he makes so that he's not losing money on giving stuff away and trying to compensate by marking up everything in the garage?

*Unless they helped inspire/design a product - then I can see giving them one for free.

• Like 3

MaleficentMrsofEvil
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Here's a crazy idea: why doesn't he give away the bundles of random parts to hyperfans/creators for free so they have extra material to play around with, and sell the actual products he makes so that he's not losing money on giving stuff away and trying to compensate by marking up everything in the garage?

*Unless they helped inspire/design a product - then I can see giving them one for free.

Or offer a giveaway based on favorite social media posts or some sort of competition or something else that is basically a free marketing campaign for Mirai Inc. (paid for with a little time/free box of stuff) - like retweeting Mirai Inc. stuff, tagging friends, etc.?

I mean - I get that money isn't the priority, but they always want new customers, right? Recalling past discussion of churn here...

• Like 5

empty
1 hour ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Or offer a giveaway based on favorite social media posts or some sort of competition or something else that is basically a free marketing campaign for Mirai Inc. (paid for with a little time/free box of stuff) - like retweeting Mirai Inc. stuff, tagging friends, etc.?

I mean - I get that money isn't the priority, but they always want new customers, right? Recalling past discussion of churn here...

He seems to fairly explicitly not want new customers with all the disclaimers actually. 

• Like 4

davidd

Rewarding the "most posts by product count." That's a clever marketing scheme to encourage us to keep buying more more MORE!

Just be sure to toe the company line lest you find yourself blocked.

Similarly, be sure to adhere to the socio-political trends of the moment or Insta will delete your account.

I suppose that makes them a good match for one another.

Edited by davidd

Maia

I’m lmao right now cones really what is next Danny please tell me 

Wasabi
16 hours ago, Katsudon said:

What counts as "non standard"? A lot of people buy chaos and pebbles, but I don't think I've seen anyone with a prototype. I have seen people get clothing before it's released 😐 do wonder how that happens.

Sorry, the instagram link that I posted earlier was meant as a reply to this post. I think some of the not-yet-released clothing items out in the wild come from this reward program of sorts.

I completely failed at linking the post, and then couldn't edit my post anymore so a nice mod removed it for me.

Like I mentioned in the original, now deleted, post: I'm not against rewarding people with freebies per se. This happens all the time, it is the whole reason that influencers of any kind can exist in the first place. But I do hope that both the Smart Doll brand and the Smart Doll influencers are open on what is a freebie and what is not.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Testament said:

Lol. At least they're free... And useful to a certain extent. 

I have to admit it’s much better than having that stuff go in a landfill. 

It’s not „30,000 either. 😛

1 hour ago, Wasabi said:

I completely failed at linking the post, and then couldn't edit my post anymore so a nice mod removed it for me.

You will be able to edit after you are off New Member status.

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Katsudon
3 hours ago, Testament said:

Lol. At least they're free... And useful to a certain extent. 

Yup! Gotta agree that I would be grabbing a ton of those if I was dyeing dolls, or doing faceups. Gotta have something to test that dye strength/heat, or make sure your paint is properly thinned. It's actually kinda nice to have the option to ask for those spare pieces. 😄

Plumo
11 hours ago, Katsudon said:

It did strike me that rewarding the people with the most Smart Doll stuff with more Smart Doll stuff is a vicious cycle. Like, who wins the having the most Smart Doll stuff contest this month? The same people who win every month, Pinky...

Plus, there are a lot of people out there creating and doing other positive work within the community, that isn't just consuming tons of stuff. I don't know, it just feels like there should be more criteria...

Make a creators' section, Danny! 😄

Well I am thankfull for the free patterns he give us, I am a terrible pattern maker and my dolls have clothes because of them (and others I bought from creators)

• Like 2

Wasabi
12 hours ago, Mars said:

I’m lmao right now cones really what is next Danny please tell me 

I actually appreciate the option and if I order again in the future I'll ask for them. Mostly for stain testing outfits/materials.

abs2891
8 minutes ago, Wasabi said:

I actually appreciate the option and if I order again in the future I'll ask for them. Mostly for stain testing outfits/materials.

Indeed, It’s actually useful for testing and the like but the title is something lol 

Katsudon

Is it bad that I kinda wish he'd seized the joke opportunity more, and put the cone of shame on Prowess? 'Cos she's a kitty. Meow XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

MaleficentMrsofEvil
57 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

Is it bad that I kinda wish he'd seized the joke opportunity more, and put the cone of shame on Prowess? 'Cos she's a kitty. Meow XD

OMG! Good point - total missed opportunity there.

Maia
7 hours ago, Wasabi said:

I appreciate it too I just found it so random though 

DollyDearest
10 hours ago, Katsudon said:

hehehehe yea nyan~   😾

Q_T

Hmm...

A couple things of note. I'm missing the cuter happier types of dolls he released. Right now there's so many with resting "Karma is a Beach" face.

I guess it's to make them "strong girl" but meh.

Also I started noticing he likes to face paint the cocoa girls . I dunno if it's just to make more contrast but some small part of me is a bit put off...like some reason making dark skinned = tribal. I dunno how to explain it...other than feeling ...stereotyped but I'm not exactly angry just...since it's really only two dolls I've seen that have it (cocoa Buki, Prowess)

Anyways it was more observation than a rant.

I kinda feel it's ironic he wants to keep track of people's purchases, but he couldn't do the same for the wigs he may be selling off in those boxes. I thought do unto others would apply here. 

MaleficentMrsofEvil
4 hours ago, Q_T said:

<snip>

Also I started noticing he likes to face paint the cocoa girls . I dunno if it's just to make more contrast but some small part of me is a bit put off...like some reason making dark skinned = tribal. I dunno how to explain it...other than feeling ...stereotyped but I'm not exactly angry just...since it's really only two dolls I've seen that have it (cocoa Buki, Prowess)

<snip>

I'm with you here. Maybe I'm just extra sensitive to that sort of stuff, but "tribal" paint makes me cringe just about 100% of the time...

Tasuke
5 hours ago, Q_T said:

Hmm...

A couple things of note. I'm missing the cuter happier types of dolls he released. Right now there's so many with resting "Karma is a Beach" face.

I guess it's to make them "strong girl" but meh.

i guess that's "Growing Up" as it were. Whatever.

for my own personal part, i've been through the wringer, both -physically and mentally- over the last 20 years,

and the sunny, cheerful exuberance so commonly part and parcel to female Anime characters

has been of immeasurable positive benefit to me in dealing with it all.

thanks to Anime dolls alone, i went from an Anime fan fixated on Mecha almost exclusively,

to an Anime character-doll enthusiast that developed a keen appreciation for feminine fashion,

and largely self-taught myself how to sew, so that i might make whatever i might like to see my girls wear...

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 2

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Monty

...theres a lot I could say, but I won't. ok, a little, rhymes with malt, fault, bult...
Except for.... some poor sap has found this out the hard way, right? That's the worst part. Especially considering how many people have been banned for literally no reason (or falsely accused). 

• Like 1

sumdude

What if Y doesnt know they are on hammer time list?? And just asked a friend to buy? So much wrong about this...

• Like 3