Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

finnleo

hmm.. food for thought..

The more he digs this hole for himself, you have to wonder is he more or less become what he thinks he's fighting against?

as in "I am ENTITLED to a certain obedient customer!"

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

nChoco
7 hours ago, Monty said:

Japanese fans weren’t angry because ‘my doll isn’t dead!’, they were angry because a non native Japanese speaker (who was already drawing some ire due to how much he pretended he and his whole product philosophy was Japanese with his appropriation of ‘wabisabi’ etc) was scoffing at their language and making out that they were the stupid ones for thinking of dead bodies. 

For someone who has spent years in Japan, speaks the language, and built a following around telling the world about Japan and it's culture.... just wow.

I can totally understand why natives would be upset. This is yet another example of how his "evidence" is truth twisted to fit his narrative.

• Like 8

Sebby
10 hours ago, Monty said:

Basically a few years back he wanted to make carry bags for smartdolls and was calling them ‘body bags’. I don’t remember if these were actually for sale at any point or just a potential product tease. Body Bag is a fun phrase in English, because ‘body’ means so many different things. Sure it’s literally a bag you can put a smartdoll body in but it also sounds kinda funny, right? Besides that, a body can be living or dead, or it can be the body of an essay or even the body of a camera. Lots of meanings, pun potential, whatever.

Off topic: But omg I'd love a bodybag for my dolls tbh. Those black ones with a little label on how they died or something. Hmm... Maybe I'll have to see if I can find some suitable fabric for it. 

• Haha 5

3lysa
11 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

I can buy clothes from the Volks store without buying a doll.  All normal things.  

You can buy also spare parts.

Also from Obitsu.

• Like 2

moerunamida
17 hours ago, Audra said:

I've also seen some of the people in the smart doll community commenting on the nazi-inspired post, who genuinely seemed to be afraid to be commenting on it out of fear of being banned themselves.

Like seriously. If you have to choose your words carefully because you worry that the other person might take your comments in negative light and punish you for it, that situation/relationship/arrangement is not healthy.

I completely agree. To me, it's akin to being in a verbally abusive relationship. If you have to walk on eggshells around a partner, then they have some unresolved conflict that they personally need to work on. It's not your fault for the way they behave. You'd hopefully remove yourself from the situation entirely.

Wow, the whole corpse bag thing is another prime example of how he manipulates the narrative. He should work in a pretzel shop, because those twisting skills he possesses are top tier. I wholeheartedly pity him, because he is completely blind to himself and behavior. Also, for someone who once said he doesn't give a 'sheep', there is certainly a lot of baa, baa, baas going on in Smart Doll headquarters.

Edited by Eighteafive
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

DollyDearest
1 hour ago, Eighteafive said:

I completely agree. To me, it's akin to being in a verbally abusive relationship. If you have to walk on eggshells around a partner, then they have some unresolved conflict that they personally need to work on. It's not your fault for the way they behave. You'd hopefully remove yourself from the situation entirely.

Wow, the whole corpse bag thing is another prime example of how he manipulates the narrative. He should work in a pretzel shop, because those twisting skills he possesses are top tier. I wholeheartedly pity him, because he is completely blind to himself and behavior. Also, for someone who once said he doesn't give a 'sheep', there is certainly a lot of baa, baa, baas going on in Smart Doll headquarters.

sheeps in wolves clothing.   also baa ram ewe     ( a quote from that movie babe, about the baby pig)  sorry i just like quoting old movies    kinda my personal humor lolz

• Haha 4

Katsudon
5 hours ago, Eighteafive said:

Yeah, 40 or so pages ago I think I said that I had some sympathy for Danny, because he had a bad childhood and that can affect a person for life. Because same.

However, that sympathy is vanishing fast. The difference between kintsugi and, uh, kusotsugi I guess. That's not a word, I made it up, please forgive me. Tired of playing 'the floor is eggshells', y'know.

• Like 4

JJRed

I can honestly say I don’t think I’ll ever buy a smart doll. If something happened in shipping and like her make up smeared. Would they fix it? Because it feels like nothing is their fault and they’re not willing to help.

Edited by JJRed
  • Like 3

Katsudon

Apparently Smart Doll faceups are pretty sturdy. I remember someone on here saying they're hard to remove, but I can't remember who, sorry. They're basically painted kinda like fashion dolls, rather than having a super delicate faceup like resin bjds.

But yes, the worry that something will be wrong with your order, and you'll be out $500 is real. 😥

JJRed
20 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

Apparently Smart Doll faceups are pretty sturdy. I remember someone on here saying they're hard to remove, but I can't remember who, sorry. They're basically painted kinda like fashion dolls, rather than having a super delicate faceup like resin bjds.

But yes, the worry that something will be wrong with your order, and you'll be out $500 is real. 😥

Thank you for letting me know.

Edited by JJRed
Sorry I’m still trying to figure out how to type in this form.

JJRed
13 hours ago, Sebby said:

Off topic: But omg I'd love a bodybag for my dolls tbh. Those black ones with a little label on how they died or something. Hmm... Maybe I'll have to see if I can find some suitable fabric for it. 

I bet if you decide to make them you can sell them on Etsy pretty easy. I’d buy one.

• Like 5

DollyDearest

Shoe's just posted on Fb, saying people are complaining about CC2's school uniform.   he claims there were comments in his highlights?  whatever that is.     he did use the word contrutive con crit.    where the hell is he gettin this at?

pinkseifuku
38 minutes ago, DollyDearest said:

Shoe's just posted on Fb, saying people are complaining about CC2's school uniform.   he claims there were comments in his highlights?  whatever that is.     he did use the word contrutive con crit.    where the hell is he gettin this at?

I saw his post on ig and the post description destroyed my tired brain cells. It just keeps getting worse. Like what is going on 😂. I feel like he is losing his mind over this and trying to die on this hill or something. 

• Like 6

DollyDearest
2 minutes ago, pinkseifuku said:

I saw his post on ig and the post description destroyed my tired brain cells. It just keeps getting worse. Like what is going on 😂. I feel like he is losing his mind over this and trying to die on this hill or something. 

ikr.  it's like he's making stuff up for sympathy    idk   he's gone mad, as they say in britannia.    am dumbstruck yo

• Like 1

LuluChan
On 8/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, 3lysa said:

https://info.smartdoll.jp/en/posts/smartdoll-business-ethics

Does really someone complain because he's making too much cocoa SmD

This is ridiculous.

Don't be shy Mr. Choo, show us the screenshots. The @. The receipts. We're waiting.

You've been on the internet long enough to know that you have to provide evidence for claims like these.

• Like 13

battrastard

Hmmm, think we kinda struck a nerve with the open debate about leaving this post open for everyone? 

While I do think it should be "Members Only", the comments about leaving it open are very valid, and I can't argue the logic behind it, so, I'll accept it and support it. 

(something Shoe-kun would throw a fit over, obviously!) 

I would love to see a concise, bullet-point style short summary (with proof) of this thread for new folks to see, it would definitely beat reading thru 130+ pages!

Edited by battrastard
wording
  • Like 5

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

battrastard
9 hours ago, JJRed said:

I bet if you decide to make them you can sell them on Etsy pretty easy. I’d buy one.

Seconded!! 

• Like 3

DollsnBooks

I highly suspect that any complaints about quantity of cocoa dolls was not actually that he makes too many, or that he shouldn't make them.  I believe the true issue was that he has been mostly out of tea and cinnamon choices for a while, so the majority of what's available is cocoa. Most likely, any complaint was more like "where are tea and cinnamon options and when are they returning?" But it sounds way better for PR purposes to spin that into "you make too many cocoa girls."

Honestly, what put me off SD was purely the way he reacts to things in an ungracious and attacking way. I understand that it's really hard to have people criticize something you've poured all your passion into, but that is the way of the world. No one product will be loved by all people. And if there are any quality issues, then the only way to grow and improve is to consider that criticism and decide whether it's valid. I felt I could not continue to support someone whose actions were making me cringe in embarrassment.

• Like 13

belpita
On 8/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, Eighteafive said:

This hit a nerve. One that has been itching for a while.

I've been on this forum before, sometimes trying to explain or give another perspective on things related to SmD. But it hasn't been a particularly good experience, with often very aggressive responses. So I am nervous writing this. Having lurked for a few days and browsed this thread lately, it seems the tone has calmed down and I feel brave enough to venture back.

I suppose that now I'm here again and for what I am about to say, I can no longer consider myself a customer of SmD, if indeed a certain someone also checks in here. It makes me uncomfortable thinking about that being a possibility, which brings me back to the above quote.

For a long time now I have felt uneasy about certain responses to comments on SmD social media. Lashing out at criticism is generally never a good business practice. You hash it out internally with your colleagues, maybe laugh at a customer's "stupidity" (or entitlement, haha) and then you just go about your day. Dissatisfied customers will leave, for whatever reason they don't like you. There's no need to engage, because usually you will find new ones. And most of all, there is no need to pre-emptively ban someone from buying from you unless you know they are actively trying to commit a fraud. 

I don't want to feel afraid that I will be refused as a customer every time I place an order. Historically, I have never had any issues. I have even experienced surprisingly generous gifts at times. But each time I have planned an order, there has been this nagging feeling of "what if" this time I will be refused and somehow that feeling has become normalised. Which is obviously not a good thing.

I love my dolls and the clothes I have also bought from SmD. They are all of excellent quality and have deep emotional significance to me. But my gut feeling says I should walk away now. Perhaps it is indeed like an abusive relationship, where you hope the other one will change and you keep holding on for too long.

• Like 12

battrastard
2 hours ago, belpita said:

I love my dolls and the clothes I have also bought from SmD. They are all of excellent quality and have deep emotional significance to me. But my gut feeling says I should walk away now.

Never ignore intuition! 

It's OK to like your Kiddos and the accessories you've gotten for them. 

It's also OK to not like where the "Business Practice" of a certain Troll (and his grots) is going. 

I, personally, like the dolls themselves, it's not their fault that the "Creator" can be childish and thin-skinned about honest criticism. 

I just recently saw your post about your cocoa Chitose, and she's adorable! I love what you've done with her.. 

• Like 6

Stormlight

I love the two SmartDolls I have. I really want to get a third. Choo makes a good product and I have never had any issues with mine. I also never had any issues with buying from his site (from the Site’s end; my bank did have some conniptions over it). I just ignore the rivers of verbal sewage, put what I want in my cart, check out. Then answer the barrage of texts I immediately get from my bank that insist I’ve been hacked or something. 😏

Granted, the last couple of times I made an order it was through Fabric Friends, just because my bank has less of a problem with it. And cheaper shipping. 

I agree, it isn’t the dolls’ faults that the creator has turned into a power-mad dictator that certain other dictators he appears to be emulating could admire…

• Like 5

Yumeiro
6 hours ago, belpita said:

I've been on this forum before, sometimes trying to explain or give another perspective on things related to SmD. But it hasn't been a particularly good experience, with often very aggressive responses.

It can be hard to view anything Danny does as good-natured, based on this whole thread, for some of us at times. 😟
However I've seen quite a lot of people not offering other perspectives, but who jump on the whole victim blaming train with Danny instead - refusing to see that he could be wrong. Sucks for both sides. - This whole situation is not easy.

6 hours ago, belpita said:

I don't want to feel afraid that I will be refused as a customer every time I place an order. Historically, I have never had any issues. I have even experienced surprisingly generous gifts at times. But each time I have planned an order, there has been this nagging feeling of "what if" this time I will be refused and somehow that feeling has become normalised. Which is obviously not a good thing.

• Like 1

DollyDearest

I love my all my smartie boi's, but am startin to feel confused, worried, & a lil uneasy about Shoes.   I think this is case of someone whose makin s%$# up to stir the already boiling pot.