Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
n-ot

My works so far on parabox heads

n-ot

Hi hi! I'm a bit new here. I thought I would share what I do nowadays, which is faceups for anime dolls. So far I've only had the chance to work on parabox heads, but I'd like to work on DD heads sometime soon. So there we go!

Here's my first faceup, on a sleeping princess head. now the troubles I had were with paints (just you wait, the story gets better after each face.) as my acrylics were clumping. I ended up generously painting and sanding the imperfections as much as I could, but it's still quite bumpy. heh. I still really like this little face, so much that I'm keeping her for now. my only problem is that she's a bit small even for a 1/4 body, so I'm not very sure of what to put her on.

spacer.png

Now onto the second one, an Ichigo head. This was actually my first commission I would say. Someone I had been following on instagram for a while was searching for a Parabox head, and I happened to have two in stock. I also proposed that I'd give her a face, and from there it ended up as a commission! It was a pleasure working with her, but painting the head was a roller coaster (I told you, it only gets better each time). After my sketch layer I usually paint. Now , that day I had received new paints, Mr color. So i go on trying them, but they only get off with the special thinner, which actually melts msc. so to say i had to re-do some of my sketch layer. I ended up just using my usual acrylics and sanding them. The head is on her way to its owner, I'm happy to see what she will do of it.

spacer.png

And my last work, on a Milk head. this head is also a bit of a lab rat as i experimented with new paints on her. I used Tamiya acrylics, which are supposedly water-soluble. But turns out not really (there we go again). To get the paint off anything, i had to drench said item in liquid soap and rub. So the moment at which this gets annoying is when I make a mistake on the doll's faceup. usually i would wipe off the spot with water, but this couldn't be done with that paint. after a nit of motivation lack and despair, a friend faceup-er helped me out and taught me how to use them; and on top of that I simply made up my own way to erase unwanted paint spots: always keep a soapy cotton swab to erase something as soon as I make a mistake.

spacer.png

So far, this is it! I love repainting these heads, even though it usually means going through some kind of hardship because of the materials. But I'm slowly getting the hang of Tamiya, and hope to make better faces in the future!

Edited by n-ot
  • Like 3

fallingdolls

These are so awesome! You're already so talented. 🤯

Heshiko

Beautiful work! I really love the texture of the mouths, it looks so cute and unique!

n-ot
18 hours ago, Heshiko said:

Beautiful work! I really love the texture of the mouths, it looks so cute and unique!

Thanks a lot! I find mouths give off a lot of personality even just by their placement of the face 😆

18 hours ago, fallingdolls said:

These are so awesome! You're already so talented. 🤯

Thank you! I still have a lot to learn though!

neonhologram

So lovely! I love the details of the eyelashes on all of them, but especially the third one.

You should look into Holbein Acryla Gouache and try a tube or two - very smooth and thin but incredibly opaque. It is my paint of choice. 🙂

n-ot
26 minutes ago, neonhologram said:

So lovely! I love the details of the eyelashes on all of them, but especially the third one.

You should look into Holbein Acryla Gouache and try a tube or two - very smooth and thin but incredibly opaque. It is my paint of choice. 🙂

Thanks! the third one is my most recent, I went for a more challenging eye design with more constructing lines and such. I just got an acrylic thinner today, so I will try it on commissions as soon as they come, but I definitely will look into the paints you recommended, cannot know if i don't try!