Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mothiraffe

This Body Looks Suspect (NSFW)

Mothiraffe

I was looking at bodies on Mandarake and came across this one.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1108739202&ref=list&sort=price&soldOut=1&categoryCode=0201140401&keyword=body&lang=en

That torso smacks of the recast Miku to me personally, but I want to get everyone else's feedback. I might be paranoid, but it just looks... very off.

What do all of you think?

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

BeyondTime
16 minutes ago, Mothiraffe said:

I was looking at bodies on Mandarake and came across this one.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1108739202&ref=list&sort=price&soldOut=1&categoryCode=0201140401&keyword=body&lang=en

That torso smacks of the recast Miku to me personally, but I want to get everyone else's feedback. I might be paranoid, but it just looks... very off.

What do all of you think?

I think it's an overexposed white skin DD. They may have metered the shot off the background. AFAIK Mandarake is good about not taking in fakes.

Edit: I see the listing says Normal skin, so it's just really overexposed. It's also an L chest not an M.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mothiraffe

@BeyondTime That's probably it... the torso seems so long, but I've been paranoid ever since they started circulating. I know Manda's usually pretty trustworthy, at least, you're right about that... I've been cautious of Y!JA and ebay lately, too.

Thank you for getting back to me, I feel better now. ^^;

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, Mothiraffe said:

@BeyondTime That's probably it... the torso seems so long, but I've been paranoid ever since they started circulating. I know Manda's usually pretty trustworthy, at least, you're right about that... I've been cautious of Y!JA and ebay lately, too.

Thank you for getting back to me, I feel better now. ^^;

I think they handle too many Dollfie Dreams to take in a bad fake, and it wouldn't surprise me if they have people who specialize in the doll stuff in their stores. At least if they are any kind of decent hobby shop they will hire people who know the particular area they work in. Someone who has been there in person could say for sure if I am right about that.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mothiraffe

@BeyondTime that seems right, I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. Thank you for helping reassure me. ^^

cfx

Looks legit to me; the spine joint between the lower torso and upper frame just isn't pushed all the way together.

Mandarake's photography isn't great when it comes to color.

On bodies, do pay close attention to the pictures as Mandarake does often label them wrong; they've listed DDIII as f3 before, and sometimes the wrong body type or bust size just as with this one being the L-bust rather than M as it claims.

Mothiraffe

@cfx Thank you, I appreciate the reassurance... and I've noticed that! I always look at the back of the knees in photos personally, those are a dead giveaway between models for me. ^^;

Innocentsake

Edit: At the time of writing this I didn't realize the bust size on this body isn't the ss-bust that a Snow Miku would come with as I was too focused on the bust not pushed down on the torso. So my reason for not getting this body would be because it's hard to tell the true color 🙂

Too bad we can't see the color of the nails on the hands of this body since they would be blue for Snow Miku (same for the bootleg ver.) as long as whoever owned it before didn't swap out the hands. Definitely not Normal Skin, but SWS or WS. The chest piece not being pushed in all the way gives me flags for the bootleg Snow Miku body. They are being sold on YJA (saw a listing the other day) so one ending up in a secondhand shop would not shock me. And while Mandarake stores do sort through and sell lots of DD items, that isn't a guarantee that whoever looked over any given item in any of the stores is an expert in DD items. A couple months ago I bought a MDD III body that was marked as NS, but when I got it it was actually SWS since the photo didn't have the best lighting (just like this one). And when I tried to contact them about this they pretty much never helped me to resolve the problem. And I've also bought a body that was marked as DDIII, but turned out to be DDS (which wasn't as big a problem as the skin color being wrong). But yeah just using those as examples of products tagged wrong and these items were from different stores. If it were me I would pass on this body, just to avoid any trouble.

Edited by Innocentsake
Missed that the bust is a bigger bust than a Snow Miku would come with thus I no longer suspect it being a bootleg body.

BeyondTime
On 5/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, Innocentsake said:

Too bad we can't see the color of the nails on the hands of this body since they would be blue for Snow Miku (same for the bootleg ver.) as long as whoever owned it before didn't swap out the hands.

Does the bootleg Snow Miku have a large flat bust?

Determining the skin color isn't possible, so yes I would pass, but I am pretty sure it's just a badly overexposed photo. The body isn't just white it's completely washed out in places. I suspect they metered off the black background and that produced a badly overexposed photo.

• Thanks 1

deinosor

I was looking at this one recently too - I decided against it, since, as others have said, it's so overexposed you can't be sure what skin colour it actually is. But I do think the torso just hasn't been pushed together properly and that's creating the 'off' look.

• Thanks 1

Pronouns: she/her

Innocentsake
23 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Does the bootleg Snow Miku have a large flat bust?

Determining the skin color isn't possible, so yes I would pass, but I am pretty sure it's just a badly overexposed photo. The body isn't just white it's completely washed out in places. I suspect they metered off the black background and that produced a badly overexposed photo.

Ah that's true I wasn't thinking about the bust size at the time of answering (that's what I get for answering when tired). I was too focused on the bust not being pushed down all the way into the torso. Thanks for pointing that out. Since the photo is so overexposed telling the true color would be quite hard so best to pass on it.  Unless one is feeling adventurous 😅

20 hours ago, deinosor said:

I was looking at this one recently too - I decided against it, since, as others have said, it's so overexposed you can't be sure what skin colour it actually is. But I do think the torso just hasn't been pushed together properly and that's creating the 'off' look.

Getting the wrong colored body is definitely not fun so I think you made the right decision. 

Misheru

I agree with the comments here about Mandarake being quite reliable when it comes to authenticity even if they are not always exactly correct about some details.

You are also legitimate in being concerned because of the very long and ill-fitting torso.  The fakes I have seen are made that way.  I don’t think that is so in this case because of the other details that have been pointed out already, such as the large bust and the lack of nail polish.

One thing to be wary of (though I have yet to see one personally offered on EBay or elsewhere) is that supposedly there are Saber DD fakes circulating now as well as the Mikus.  Those would have large busts and plain nails.

Again, I have full confidence in Mandarake and have bought 3 or 4 dolls from them and would be pleased to do so again.  That info about possible Saber fakes is just FYI so buyers can be even more diligent when they are looking at other sites.

Happy Dolly Search! 🤗🎎🛍🎉

• Like 1

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

cfx

To my knowledge, only Saber Extra has a large bust.

Misheru

Ah, well that is the only Saber I personally own so that was based on my personal knowledge about Saber’s bust size.

My apologies about the info concerning the large bust (unless it is a Saber Extra version, that is 😉).  Take care and thanks

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)