Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SeirenMachina

'Sakura Dreams' Dollfie Dream Shop?

SeirenMachina

Hey guys, 

I was browsing the Volks website and noticed they had a link to partner stores that shockingly isn't just Volks USA. Apparently 'Sakura Dreams' is a new Volks partner store opening in 2019 but I can't find any more information on it. I got linked through the Nier preorder site too, which makes me think we'll be able to pre-order stuff through them. If so this is fantastic, and since it's listed on Volks' own website I don't doubt the legitimacy I just can't find anything else?

So does anyone have any more information on them?  

Thanks! 

Monty

It looks like they arent opening until 'summer' so I dont think there will be a lot of info out yet. (Thers an option to subsribe for info though)
Other than that, I can't see anything other than the fact that they're based in the UK. It'd be cool if it helps UK collectors save some money in shipping and customs. If they had some kind of store front or even an office that allowed visits, it'd be a nice way for people to get to see dolls in person (besides meetups anyway)

I wish Australia had a friend shop, but it seems unlikely :c I'm surprised New Zealand has one though. I've actually been to that place years back too.

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, Monty said:

It looks like they arent opening until 'summer' so I dont think there will be a lot of info out yet. (Thers an option to subsribe for info though)
Other than that, I can't see anything other than the fact that they're based in the UK. It'd be cool if it helps UK collectors save some money in shipping and customs. If they had some kind of store front or even an office that allowed visits, it'd be a nice way for people to get to see dolls in person (besides meetups anyway)

I wish Australia had a friend shop, but it seems unlikely :c I'm surprised New Zealand has one though. I've actually been to that place years back too.

If Brexit doesn’t happen it might make things easier for the EU. 

Volks really needs to open a Volks EU in Paris or something, and maybe make some deal with local fashion designers on top of that. I’d love to see Dollfie Dreams making waves during fashion week. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SeirenMachina

(Hoping Brexit gets cancelled because more options to import stuff is good)

4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks really needs to open a Volks EU in Paris or something, and maybe make some deal with local fashion designers on top of that. I’d love to see Dollfie Dreams making waves during fashion week. 

They have a friend store there too! Papattes Store! They have a really nice layout and a solid selection of DDs still. I'm going to email them and see ship to the UK. 

Edited by Swanmay
  • Thanks 1

TheGildedStrawb

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone had anymore info on this store?

Thanks in advance

Ohana

EDIT.

about two weeks or so I asked if it was possible to get Yayoi. and they said they’ll try to find her. and maybe a few hours later they said she’s available. I payed a deposit of £150 (at the moment) and they said I had to pay the rest when she arrived. I just payed, and now I’m waiting for her. they kept me updated about everything. And it was a pleasure to work with them. I can’t wait until she arrives. And I highly recommend shopping from them. I haven’t had any bad experience from them yet, but that probably won’t happen. I got my Ram and Yayoi (they’ll ship her out Tomorrow) from them and it was a great experience. 

I hoped this helped.

bye bye. 🌸👋🏻

Edited by Ohana
  • Thanks 1

Zoe

I know this is really late but in case anyone sees this in 2022, I am not a huge fan of Sakura Dreams friend shop. They don't reply to emails (you're better off messaging their instagram which is strangely easier to get replies). They say that you don't have to pay customs but the reality is they add the price of customs onto their prices (which is totally fine but to say you don't have to pay customs isn't exactly true). My friend recently bought a mochiashi from Volks international and it ended up being the same price as Sakura (including customs). Not only that, since your package is travelling directly from volks international to your door (no middle-man), shipping is faster in my experience from volks international. I had many occasions where their website said they had items in stock when in reality they weren't. In one of these cases, I opted to wait for these items and after a few months I messaged for a refund (which they gave immediately, inferring they hadn't even ordered the items for me to begin with - although this is only a guess). On another occasion, they said they did not have a particular blank head in stock and I therefore opted for a different one. And yet in the mail I received the doll head they claimed was out of stock which was rather confusing. Overall, I suppose sakura does provide some comfort for the simple fact that they're in the UK. However, they are slow to communicate, do not properly update their website to state what is and isn't in stock and are overall a slow middle-man that isn't really necessary. All that being said, I know they people who run the shop are lovely people, I'd just rather buy directly because it's somehow less faff. 

I thought I should add that they recently announced that they will not keep stock of Dollfie bodies, meaning that you will always be waiting for volks international to ship to them and then to you. Back in the day they would keep bodies in stock (in which case the shipping was quite quick) but since they don't do that anymore, it feels incredibly pointless since you're almost guaranteed to wait longer than just buying directly.

• Thanks 1