Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DJStarstryker

Care for white DD bodies

JChiibs
And actually, the fabric of the underwear looks a lot like what they used in Nanoha's default stockings. The black parts of those did stain, but I washed them just once and haven't gotten any new stains from them despite leaving them on over a month post-washing. So it is possible that washing Saber Alter's underwear may cut staining down if any of you have no spare underwear and/or don't want her going commando.

Whenever people mention about clothes staining their dolls, I always wonder if the clothes have ever been washed. This can be true for normal sized clothes as well. If I have sewn anything with red fabric, I only wash it with other similar reds the first 2-3 times it gets washed because it is notorious for bleeding the color out. It is because of the process of adding the color to the fabric (either by printing it on or vat dying) the darker colors require to be overly saturated to get them to be so bold/dark. The fabric can only hold so much of the ink, making it rather predictable that some of the color will leech out.

I'm glad to know that washing commercial clothing could make a drastic difference in reducing the staining since most people never seem to mention what difference it makes most of the time.

We're going to be getting 2 white DD bodies next year, once the two Saber Alter v2s come in. I was curious - are these a lot harder to care for and prevent dirt and stains from the regular skin DDs? Would you use the same sorts of products to remove them?

id be paranoid to even unbox a white skin. id stick with normal skin just becase the possibility of staining.

Rambelin- I know that you posted a bit later that you aren't particularly interested in the white skin DD, but I thought I'd give an answer to your question in case some one later came here looking for the same answer.

My Tamayuki (MDD) is a normal skin, Dolly (EB Mini) is a tan skin, and my husband's Yuriko (DD) is a white skin. The only reason I mention Dolly is because he's also made by Volks and the color difference between him and Tamayuki is significantly more than the color between Tamayuki and Yuriko. Before we got them, I kept reading that there was such a huge difference between the normal and white skin. As an artist, I'm very picky about colors. I have looked at both skin tones in daylight (many light bulbs have a yellow cast) and in my own opinion, there isn't much difference, the color contrast is a lot smaller than I would have expected.

The only time I have seen that the skin tone causes a large difference is in photographs. It is MUCH more difficult to get the ideal lighting for Yuriko's face than Tamayuki's. Use Photoshop CS5 to post-process the .RAW files, sets taken both by Ravendruid and myself, he tends to overexpose while I tend to underexpose. Either way the result is the same, Yuriko often looks just washed out, as if the shadows on her face have been bleached out of the picture somewhat. Tamayuki on the other hand has the perfect skin tone, very pale but still a realistic color that is nearly effortless to photograph well. Correcting the lighting in his pics in PS is very easy unless I goofed the lighting or shutter speed when I took the photo.

We have had our dolls for over a month and a half now and it was Tamayuki who got stains first, even with me being mostly cautious. He's the one with the light hair, pastel colored clothes and sleeps wrapped up in a fuzzy white blanket, his mattress and pillow are red & white striped so I didn't want his body resting against it a lot. I am a bit on the paranoid side most of the time as to what I put against his skin, even non-fabrics I still check. The stains that he has are very tiny, one on the bottom of his foot that might have been from a plant he stood on when I took pics of him outside, the other I can't find at the moment, but I'm sure it was on the top of his right arm by the wrist. Either of them are very thin and hardly noticeable.

Yuriko on the other hand is taken care of by her daddy. He does really great with her, but I check her frequently for any indication of marks or stains. I was sure that the wig she is wearing (from American Girl) was going to stain like crazy, especially because of the black headband that holds it on. We have to stick it over her ears so she doesn't look like she has a massive forehead, but I just checked again and there is no stains at all from it. Raven has her sitting all over the place, sprawling on the bed, having her wear whatever he darn well pleases, and she still looks like she did the day she arrived.

So my consensus is (so far) that the white skins are no more difficult to take care of than the normal skin DD. But if you happen to want a DD for photo purposes, the normal skin DD will cause you much less headache.

It's sad to see people say that they're so paranoid about staining they won't get a WS girl. Stains happen, it's part of the hobby. How can you enjoy these dolls if you cannot accept these facts?

Although I'm somewhat paranoid about the staining, I can't say that I'm paranoid about enjoying my time with our dolls. In fact Tamayuki has been snuggling with me the entire time I've been writing this. He's such a snuggle monster!

It is so hard not being able to play with and hold Rainie because she's hardly more than a head for the moment, sitting on the shelf in our living room just waiting to eventually have arms to hug her growing stuffed animal collection. Most of the time you can find Yuriko sitting with Raven (if you can pull her away from the TV!) sitting on her bed talking with Raven's AGs, or being hauled around the house by her doting daddy. I have become a bit more paranoid over Yuriko once I found out that when she gets a body upgrade (DDdy) that her DD body will become Naiomi, my 2nd DD girl. But I don't expect to treat her any different than my other DD, and although she is fair skinned, she surely isn't a passive personality willing to sit on the sidelines!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

smallpotato

Someone suggests that do NOT use oxy10 on white bodies. The stain may seem to be removed, but with time, the treated part will change color

baldylox
Someone suggests that do NOT use oxy10 on white bodies. The stain may seem to be removed, but with time, the treated part will change color

I've never heard this before. Altho I don't own a white skinned DD and haven't tried any Oxy10 on anything other than a normal skinned one, I can't see how Oxy10 will damage the WS vinyl. I also know lots of people who do own WS girls and they've never said anything like this.

Where did you hear this or from whom?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PlasticFantastic

I've never heard this before. Altho I don't own a white skinned DD and haven't tried any Oxy10 on anything other than a normal skinned one, I can't see how Oxy10 will damage the WS vinyl. I also know lots of people who do own WS girls and they've never said anything like this.

Where did you hear this or from whom?

Billy

I'm curious who said this as well.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

nkei

I actually remember reading that in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1951

I'm wondering if it's true too since I am probably in the minority since I love WS and I hope I won't have to worry when I do stain treatments >.<.

baldylox

Himitsu said that huh? He hasn't been around lately but I'd like to ask him for some pics of this. I'd also like to know if he used actual Oxy10 or a different brand since he is overseas. Maybe the type he used had a different amount of benzoyl peroxide in it or some other chemical in it that affected the skin.

Either way I'd like to hear more about this and see pics too.

Billy

PlasticFantastic
I actually remember reading that in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1951

I'm wondering if it's true too since I am probably in the minority since I love WS and I hope I won't have to worry when I do stain treatments >.<.

You're not the only one who likes WS ^^; I don't use anything other than removezit but I haven't had any WS staining to deal with.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

initial

my alter use oxy10 for stain treatment, it work but not as fast as remove zit as i do not have direct sunlight to my room nor a lamp to heat up, but doing a 12 hour treatment daily, it still work. didn't manage to made it totally stainless but to acceptable degree or tiny dots which can be hard to remove.

Saber (EXTRA ver.) : Saber Alter 2nd ver. : Haruka Niimi : Sakuya (Shining Blade) : Corselia (DDH-06) : Lynn (DDH-07) : Maria Ushiromiya:Elisa (DDH-07):Ayu (DDH-01):Aozaki Aoko:Alice Kuonji:???

wotafarce

This thread is worrying me slightly, I am waiting for a white skin DD to arrive and neglected to do much research on the WS DD specifically.

I am aware that vinyl dolls will stain but my experience has been with Obitsus and I have to admit that the only stains they got was through my stupidity (like touching one with un-noticed oil on my hands, or another's face plant on some wet grass), they seem to be relatively safe from stains even in black or dark clothing.

This thread and another on here seems to indicate that the DD bodies stain a bit easier and require a lot more care, I like to use my girls and not just keep them stored naked in a box, have I made a mistake in going for a white skin, (my Obi's are white skin and I preffer the pale girls).

I finally decided to get DD after spending some time on here and seeing how cute your Girls all are, some honest opinions would put my mind at rest a bit.

milkytea

If you like Obitsu white skin, you may not mind Dollfie Dream normal skin as much as you may think. White skin Obitsu are not actually all that pale in comparison to other white skin dolls. The white Obitsu are pale, but still quite peachy.

However, I don't think you've necessarily made a mistake in opting for white skin for your Dollfie Dream. ♥ Clothing and other stains can happen to white or normal skin Dollfie Dream irregardless of skin colour. They do stain more easily than Obitsu--particularly if your Obitsu dolls have the hard bodies. The soft bust bodies use a vinyl that, although not identical to, has some similarities with Dollfie Dream vinyl--and those do have a tendency to stain. Stains on Dollfie Dream can be treated, as many threads on the forum show. I'm sure it won't be all bad times with your incoming Dollfie Dream even if she's more high maintenance than your other dolls. It seems like most people don't leave their dolls undressed and stored away--but you have to be watchful for stains if the clothing or thread is highly pigmented.

initial
Himitsu said that huh? He hasn't been around lately but I'd like to ask him for some pics of this. I'd also like to know if he used actual Oxy10 or a different brand since he is overseas. Maybe the type he used had a different amount of benzoyl peroxide in it or some other chemical in it that affected the skin.

Either way I'd like to hear more about this and see pics too.

Billy

unfortunately, Oxy10 really did change the color of the ws body....i only notice recently under the bright light. initially i though was maybe because of the wet wipe i using but even the older stain area which i use only rubbing alcohol was affected.

can't really show any pictures now as my camera skill not good enough to show the difference of the color in the pictures taken.

guess i need to stop using Oxy10 for my Alter now until i figure out the exact reason.

Saber (EXTRA ver.) : Saber Alter 2nd ver. : Haruka Niimi : Sakuya (Shining Blade) : Corselia (DDH-06) : Lynn (DDH-07) : Maria Ushiromiya:Elisa (DDH-07):Ayu (DDH-01):Aozaki Aoko:Alice Kuonji:???

baldylox
Unfortunately, Oxy10 really did change the color of the ws body....i only notice recently under the bright light. initially i though was maybe because of the wet wipe i using but even the older stain area which i use only rubbing alcohol was affected.

can't really show any pictures now as my camera skill not good enough to show the difference of the color in the pictures taken.

guess i need to stop using Oxy10 for my Alter now until i figure out the exact reason.

Wow, that sucks to hear. I guess if my Sprout gets a stain, I'll need to see if I can get some of that Remove-Zit stuff instead. I certainly don't want her skin to change colors on me.

Sorry to hear this happened, I just hope it's not too large an area that is affected on her.

Billy

waha

I've used Oxy10 to treat stains on Akari's thighs after the Volks Stain-o-Matic socks made them all black... didn't notice any color changes. I'll look closer later, and after I treat the shins/feet.

Wasn't gonna touch them since they're covered by socks all the time, but the new outfit I purchased for her has semi-transparent socks so I think I'll be able to see the stains through them...

initial
I've used Oxy10 to treat stains on Akari's thighs after the Volks Stain-o-Matic socks made them all black... didn't notice any color changes. I'll look closer later, and after I treat the shins/feet.

Wasn't gonna touch them since they're covered by socks all the time, but the new outfit I purchased for her has semi-transparent socks so I think I'll be able to see the stains through them...

not sure if weather and the method i treat it affecting the result, i just do 8 hour shift of apply the cream on the affect area without much sunlight or lamp heat, just normal room temperature, do that a few time until I see the stain can't be remove further.

some of Alter stain is on her left arm (and 1 new small dot appear which i don't know where it come from) are the main concern where the one on the hip is alright since we can't see it when she wearing something